I don't want to live on in my work, I want to live on in my apartment. -- Woody Allen

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Record number of cyclists raise cash for kids

SubjectAuthor
* Record number of cyclists raise cash for kidsswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Record number of chavs raise cash for kidsJNugent
`* Re: Record number of cyclists raise cash for kidsswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Record number of cyclists raise cash for kidsJNugent
 `- Re: Record number of cyclists raise cash for kidsswldx...@gmail.com

1
Record number of cyclists raise cash for kids

<15112cd7-cb5b-4bdf-8914-824defa19e58n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30915&group=uk.rec.cycling#30915

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 23:57:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Record number of cyclists raise cash for kids
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 06:57 UTC

To rapturous applause and music blaring from loud-speakers, over 300 cyclists – a record number - were welcomed back to Hendon on Sunday after riding a combined distance of over 27,000km in the tenth BIKE4KEF.

The participants, ranging in age from 16 to 75, raised over £800,000 for KEF KIDS, a charity which supports children and young people with physical and learning disabilities.

The cyclists – all male – could choose between cycling routes of 50km, 100km or 100 miles through the Hertfordshire countryside.

First-timer Dov Kahan from Stamford Hill described the experience as “amazing”, telling the JC: “If you hadn’t practised, it wasn’t easy, but fortunately, I had practised and managed a much better time than I’d expected.”

It was the fifth KEF cycle ride for Steven Unsdorfer, 39, who rode 100km. Absorbing the carnival-like atmosphere at the post-ride barbecue in Hendon Park, he said: “It’s a great community event, run by very special people.”

With two of his daughters spending their Sundays volunteering at the charity, he said that KEF “fills a void that isn’t filled by anyone else and it does a really good job.”

Jaden Cramer, 30, was one of a group of four from South Hampstead Synagogue who cycled 100km. Speaking at the end of the race, he said: “It was incredible. We had such good support from mechanics when we had to change a tyre in the middle of nowhere. My fiancée’s brother is disabled so the charity really resonates with me.”

Fellow rider Shandon Weinstein, 29, who lives in St John’s Wood, said that he had prepared for the event by going on early morning cycle rides.. “It was my first time doing Bike4Kef, but I really enjoyed it and will hopefully take part again next year.”

KEF Trustee Shmulik Halpern told the JC: “At the end of yet another successful bike ride, we thank all our riders for their participation and, most importantly, for the money raised. Despite the challenging economic situation, over 13,000 donations is phenomenal. We are deeply touched by the community’s love for KEF.”

Re: Record number of chavs raise cash for kids

<kgnkt2Fbst6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30918&group=uk.rec.cycling#30918

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Record number of chavs raise cash for kids
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 11:55:30 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 10:55 UTC

On 06/07/2023 07:57 am, swldx...@gmail.com [the Chief Chav] wrote:

> To rapturous applause and music blaring from loud-speakers, over 300 chav-cyclists – a record number - were welcomed back to Hendon on Sunday after riding a combined distance of over 27,000km in the tenth BIKE4KEF.
> The participants, ranging in age from 16 to 75, raised over £800,000 for KEF KIDS, a charity which supports children and young people with physical and learning disabilities.

They surely know what to do first for those children, whatever their
disadvantages: buy them a big toy water pistol each and encourage them
to squirt passing chavs on bikes.

The children love it.

The more pompous of the chavs hate the diminution of their "dignity" and
that makes the whole situation even more amusing.

> The chav-s – all male – could choose between chav-cycling routes of 50km, 100km or 100 miles through the Hertfordshire countryside.
> First-timer Dov Kahan from Stamford Hill described the experience as “amazing”, telling the JC: “If you hadn’t practised, it wasn’t easy, but fortunately, I had practised and managed a much better time than I’d expected.”
> It was the fifth KEF chav-cycle ride for Steven Unsdorfer, 39, who rode 100km. Absorbing the carnival-like atmosphere at the post-ride barbecue in Hendon Park, he said: “It’s a great community event, run by very special people.”
> With two of his daughters spending their Sundays volunteering at the charity, he said that KEF “fills a void that isn’t filled by anyone else and it does a really good job.”
> Jaden Cramer, 30, was one of a group of four from South Hampstead Synagogue who cycled 100km. Speaking at the end of the race, he said: “It was incredible. We had such good support from mechanics when we had to change a tyre in the middle of nowhere. My fiancée’s brother is disabled so the charity really resonates with me.”
> Fellow rider Shandon Weinstein, 29, who lives in St John’s Wood, said that he had prepared for the event by going on early morning chav-cycle rides. “It was my first time doing Bike4Kef, but I really enjoyed it and will hopefully take part again next year.”
> KEF Trustee Shmulik Halpern told the JC: “At the end of yet another successful chav-bike ride, we thank all our riders for their participation and, most importantly, for the money raised. Despite the challenging economic situation, over 13,000 donations is phenomenal. We are deeply touched by the community’s love for KEF.”

Re: Record number of cyclists raise cash for kids

<aa8dfea6-b126-441e-9459-c278ee21ea6dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30920&group=uk.rec.cycling#30920

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 05:38:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Record number of cyclists raise cash for kids
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 12:38 UTC

QUOTE: To rapturous applause and music blaring from loud-speakers, over 300 cyclists – a record number. ENDS

Who let the chav driver in with their windows wound down?

Re: Record number of cyclists raise cash for kids

<kgnusiFdei4U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30929&group=uk.rec.cycling#30929

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 14:45:53 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 13:45 UTC

On 06/07/2023 01:38 pm, swldx...@gmail.com [the Chief Chav] wrote:

> QUOTE: To rapturous applause and music blaring from loud-speakers, over 300 cyclists – a record number. ENDS
>
> Who let the chav driver in with their windows wound down?

It was your car, wasn't it?

Re: Record number of cyclists raise cash for kids

<4a287416-cf8a-451c-bf23-9cbb5dea8e2dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30934&group=uk.rec.cycling#30934

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 08:22:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:22 UTC

On Thursday, July 6, 2023 at 1:38:33 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: To rapturous applause and music blaring from loud-speakers, over 300 cyclists – a record number. ENDS
>
> Who let the chav driver in with their windows wound down?

In recent years, there has been a push to reduce the amount of misconduct taking place in public areas. As part of an initiative to reduce anti-social behaviour, motorists could be fined up to £100 for playing their music especially loud. Earlier this year Bradford council introduced a trial which saw drivers playing loud music and revving their engines being fined, in response to a survey which saw 1,200 say they felt unsafe on the city’s streets due to poor driving – with many specifying noise as an issue.