In Christianity, a man may have only one wife. This is called Monotony.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”

SubjectAuthor
* The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horsJNugent
+* Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horseswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horsJNugent
+* Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horseswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: The lane is used by dog walkers,Spike
+* Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horseswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horsJNugent
`- Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horseSimon Mason

1
The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”

<cc8d4d56-4f2f-4ae2-8fea-a6d6a7a7e8c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30925&group=uk.rec.cycling#30925

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 05:57:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: _The_lane_is_used_by_dog_walkers,_ramblers,_horse_ri
ders,_and_cyclists...”
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 12:57 UTC

A retrospective planning permission for a quad bike centre that’s already been running at the site for years has prompted a host of objections..

Quadrenalin Quadbiking Centre have operated from Great Firs in Great Brickhill for the past eight and a half years with no planning permission.

But now they must apply for backdated consent to be there – and this has given residents a chance to vent their views

The application, which is being considered by Buckinghamshire Council, is for change of use of the land for a quad biking facility with associated tracks, training area, ancillary buildings and landscaping.

Quadrenalin say the centre follows government legislation and their instructors are trained by the European Institute of ATVs.

"From the entrance a very small portion of the centre can be seen, only the wooden shelters which are actually horse shelters. The rest of the site cannot been seen from the road by foot or vehicle,” their application states.

But it’s not the aesthetics that are worrying residents. They say the quad bikes cause noise, pollution, damage to wildlife and increased traffic on country lanes in their village.

Little Brickhill Parish Council state: "Access to the site is along Little Brickhill Lane. This is a C-class single-track country lane of less than 4.5 metres width (and in some place considerably less than that – down to as little as 3 metres). The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”

In its objection Great Brickhill Parish Council stated: “The Parish Council is mindful that there continues to be considerable and strong opposition to the quad biking facility from village residents (and also from residents of Little Brickhill), and this has been voiced on a regular basis to Parish Councillors over the years.

"This is reflected in the many responses opposing the application which the planning authority will have seen – all of these from local residents – compared with the fewer number of responses from those supporting the application, nearly all of whom do not live locally and are not adversely affected by the development.”

Milton Keynes City Council has also objected on grounds of loss of amenity to residents because of noise issues, vehicular access to the site, parking arrangements and increased traffic on the lane.

Many residents have also submitted formal objections, saying it’s a “totally inappropriate” use of the countryside and it causes noise and atmospheric pollution.

The application was submitted a year ago but the consultation period ended last month so it’s likely to be determined shortly.

An officer for Bucks Council’s Environmental Health department said: "I believe that the quadbike operation... need not result in an unacceptable degradation of local residential amenity if proportionate controls are put in place"

But local councillor David Bratt is pressing strongly for it to be refused.

He said: “The site is located in what was a very tranquil and beautiful countryside. Engine noise threatens wildlife and impacts residents.”

The application is being made retrospectively as it has been operating without permission for several years. This should not be tolerated."

“I strongly object to the application.”

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/environment/we-dont-want-noisy-quad-bike-centre-in-our-peaceful-area-of-milton-keynes-say-protesters-4205682

Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”

<kgnuqsFdei4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30928&group=uk.rec.cycling#30928

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_The_lane_is_used_by_dog_walkers,_ramblers,_hors
e riders, and cyclists...”
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 14:44:59 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 13:44 UTC

> [...]
> The application was submitted a year ago but the consultation period ended last month so it’s likely to be determined shortly.
> An officer for Bucks Council’s Environmental Health department said: "I believe that the quadbike operation... need not result in an unacceptable degradation of local residential amenity if proportionate controls are put in place"
> But local councillor David Bratt is pressing strongly for it to be refused.
> He said: “The site is located in what was a very tranquil and beautiful countryside. Engine noise threatens wildlife and impacts residents.”
> The application is being made retrospectively as it has been operating without permission for several years. This should not be tolerated."

Best of luck, Little Brickhill Parish Council, Great Brickhill Parish
Council, Milton Keynes City Council and Cllr. Bratt.

And it's well past time that for people operating anti-social businesses
without planning consent, there should be significant criminal
sanctions, irrespective of whether a consent is gained retrospectively.

Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”

<8a431650-433a-4b3d-bf91-c739579afdc9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30933&group=uk.rec.cycling#30933

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 08:21:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_The_lane_is_used_by_dog_walkers,_ramblers,_horse
_riders,_and_cyclists...”
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:21 UTC

QUOTE: But it’s not the aesthetics that are worrying residents. They say the quad bikes cause noise, pollution, damage to wildlife and increased traffic on country lanes in their village. ENDS

Do you think that these anti-social chavs actually give a toss about the environment?

Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”

<kgo57dFeedtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30938&group=uk.rec.cycling#30938

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
e riders, and cyclists...”
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:34:05 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:34 UTC

On 06/07/2023 04:21 pm, swldx...@gmail.com [the Chief Anti-Social Chav]
wrote:

> QUOTE: But it’s not the aesthetics that are worrying residents. They say the quad bikes cause noise, pollution, damage to wildlife and increased traffic on country lanes in their village. ENDS

> Do you think that these anti-social chavs actually give a toss about the environment?

Anti-social chavs don't care about the environment, or about other people.

That's why they ride their chav-bikes along footways and in other areas
reserved for pedestrians.

Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”

<49865210-7f94-41a4-969f-eb32e07b7450n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30941&group=uk.rec.cycling#30941

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 08:41:48 -0700 (PDT)
_riders,_and_cyclists...”
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:41 UTC

QUOTE: Milton Keynes City Council has also objected on grounds of loss of amenity to residents because of noise issues, vehicular access to the site, parking arrangements and increased traffic on the lane.

Many residents have also submitted formal objections, saying it’s a “totally inappropriate” use of the countryside and it causes noise and atmospheric pollution ENDS

They have to be registered, insured and taxed as well.

Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”

<kgo6siFemkqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30947&group=uk.rec.cycling#30947

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: The lane is used by dog walkers,
ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”
Date: 6 Jul 2023 16:02:26 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:02 UTC

> QUOTE: Milton Keynes City Council has also objected on grounds of loss of
> amenity to residents because of noise issues, vehicular access to the
> site, parking arrangements and increased traffic on the lane.
>
> Many residents have also submitted formal objections, saying it’s a
> “totally inappropriate” use of the countryside and it causes noise and
> atmospheric pollution ENDS

> They have to be registered, insured and taxed as well.

So do e-scooters and modified electric-motor cycles have to be registered,
insured and taxed. Do you know of any that are?

--
Spike

Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”

<f152cc68-aefb-4c41-95ac-3a3e442e2f8dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30954&group=uk.rec.cycling#30954

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 09:07:25 -0700 (PDT)
_riders,_and_cyclists...”
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:07 UTC

QUOTE: "This is reflected in the many responses opposing the application which the planning authority will have seen – all of these from local residents – compared with the fewer number of responses from those supporting the application, nearly all of whom do not live locally and are not adversely affected by the development.” ENDS

LET DEMOCRACY PREVAIL - PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN.

Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and chav-cyclists...”

<kgoa3tFf59fU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30959&group=uk.rec.cycling#30959

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
e riders, and chav-cyclists...”
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 17:57:33 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:57 UTC

> QUOTE: "This is reflected in the many responses opposing the application which the planning authority will have seen – all of these from local residents – compared with the fewer number of responses from those supporting the application, nearly all of whom do not live locally and are not adversely affected by the development.” ENDS

> LET DEMOCRACY PREVAIL - PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN.

Indeed.

I couldn't agree more.

When is the PEOPLEs' national vote on theft of road space for chav-cycle
lanes going to be held?

Or is that Totally Different?

Re: The lane is used by dog walkers, ramblers, horse riders, and cyclists...”

<2662ce62-966d-483e-8cb9-aea476a58b89n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30963&group=uk.rec.cycling#30963

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 10:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
_riders,_and_cyclists...”
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 17:09 UTC

QUOTE: Quadrenalin say the centre follows government legislation and their instructors are trained by the European Institute of ATVs. ENDS

Does that stand for Arseholes, Tossers and Vandals?