If you're not careful, you're going to catch something.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

SubjectAuthor
* Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeJNugent
+* Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeJNugent
|`- Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shatteredSpike
+* Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shatteredSpike
|`- Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeJNugent
+* Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shatteredSpike
|`- Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeSimon Mason
|`- Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeJNugent
`* Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeJNugent
 `- Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and policeswldx...@gmail.com

1
Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<9584354d-717d-4143-8eb4-51d006c89e6dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30923&group=uk.rec.cycling#30923

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 05:48:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police
close main road
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 12:48 UTC

A female cyclist was hit by a bus in Audenshaw on Wednesday evening (July 5) as police and paramedics swarmed the busy main road.

The windscreen was left shattered and the bike was pictured crushed beneath the front of the bus following the crash on Manchester Road (A635).

Police and paramedics, as well as officers from the Serious Collision Investigations Unit (SCIU) were pictured at the scene as the road was cordoned off beside the Snipe Retail Park during rush hour.

A female riding a bike was hit by the double decker bus, which had mounted the kerb following the collision. Greater Manchester Police have not confirmed the age of the cyclist or their condition.

Officers remained at the scene for a number of hours late into Wednesday night as investigations into the collision continued. Witnesses reported seeing a casualty being assessed in the road as the front windscreen was left smashed.

Pictures from the scene showed a number of police vehicles in attendance alongside ambulances. Officers could be seen conducting enquiries and inspecting the bus front within the cordon.

A post in a local Facebook group said those driving past saw a bus with 'smashed windows' after the collision this evening. One person said: "My partner just gone past this and said he saw a bus with all smashed windows. It was up on the kerb outside Topps Tiles. I hope everything is okay."

According to live AA traffic updates, the incident was first reported at around 5.30pm. Buses were diverted and nearby roads were heavily congested throughout rush hour as Manchester Road remained closed.

Greater Manchester Police have been contacted for further details.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/female-cyclist-hit-bus-windscreen-27265319

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<kgnthkFd8foU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30926&group=uk.rec.cycling#30926

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
close main road
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 14:23:00 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 13:23 UTC

> A female cyclist was hit by a bus in Audenshaw on Wednesday evening (July 5) as police and paramedics swarmed the busy main road.

Was it all due to the presence of the police and paramedics?

Sounds odd.

Or perhaps it's just abysmal writing by the MEN hack.

> The windscreen..>

.... the *windscreen*...?

....was left shattered and the bike was pictured crushed beneath the
front of the bus following the crash on Manchester Road (A635).
> Police and paramedics, as well as officers from the Serious Collision Investigations Unit (SCIU) were pictured at the scene as the road was cordoned off beside the Snipe Retail Park during rush hour.
> A female riding a bike was hit by the double decker bus, which had mounted the kerb following the collision. Greater Manchester Police have not confirmed the age of the cyclist or their condition.
> Officers remained at the scene for a number of hours late into Wednesday night as investigations into the collision continued. Witnesses reported seeing a casualty being assessed in the road as the front windscreen was left smashed.
> Pictures from the scene showed a number of police vehicles in attendance alongside ambulances. Officers could be seen conducting enquiries and inspecting the bus front within the cordon.
> A post in a local Facebook group said those driving past saw a bus with 'smashed windows' after the collision this evening. One person said: "My partner just gone past this and said he saw a bus with all smashed windows. It was up on the kerb outside Topps Tiles. I hope everything is okay."

"ALL smashed windows"?

Had the police or paramedics done the rest of them?

> According to live AA traffic updates, the incident was first reported at around 5.30pm. Buses were diverted and nearby roads were heavily congested throughout rush hour as Manchester Road remained closed.
> Greater Manchester Police have been contacted for further details.
>
> https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/female-cyclist-hit-bus-windscreen-27265319

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<ba2095b4-a9a5-4ebe-ae4e-cd7a8b254fe3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30931&group=uk.rec.cycling#30931

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 08:15:46 -0700 (PDT)
close main road
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:15 UTC

QUOTE: A female riding a bike was hit by the double decker bus, which had mounted the kerb following the collision. ENDS

We are always told that motor vehicles never drive on footways.

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<kgo5anFeedtU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30939&group=uk.rec.cycling#30939

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
close main road
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:35:50 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:35 UTC

On 06/07/2023 04:15 pm, swldx...@gmail.com [the Chief Chav] wrote:

> QUOTE: A female riding a bike was hit by the double decker bus, which had mounted the kerb following the collision. ENDS
>
> We are always told that motor vehicles never drive on footways.

We don't *need* to be told that you are most of the way around the twist
(and cannot read and comprehend straightforward basic English).

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<e33e0511-fc14-4a52-b4b3-8fb028a4e4dcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30942&group=uk.rec.cycling#30942

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 08:43:14 -0700 (PDT)
close main road
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:43 UTC

5 hrs ago

Another serious collision in a part of the city that has ZERO segregated cycle lanes.

Manchester City Council, like so many others, waste their time on consultations just to build a single cycle lane that might actually help save a life, meanwhile we keep dying as we're forced onto the road with huge buses and SUVs.

I seriously admire Netherlands as the only country in the world who looked at road deaths and decided to do something about it.

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<kgo62pFeiq0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30943&group=uk.rec.cycling#30943

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered
and police close main road
Date: 6 Jul 2023 15:48:41 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:48 UTC

> QUOTE: A female riding a bike was hit by the double decker bus, which had
> mounted the kerb following the collision. ENDS
>
> We are always told that motor vehicles never drive on footways.

‘We’ is a moron.

--
Spike

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<kgo6siFemkqU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30948&group=uk.rec.cycling#30948

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
and police close main road
Date: 6 Jul 2023 16:02:26 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:02 UTC

> 5 hrs ago
>
> Another serious collision in a part of the city that has ZERO segregated cycle lanes.
>
> Manchester City Council, like so many others, waste their time on
> consultations just to build a single cycle lane that might actually help
> save a life, meanwhile we keep dying as we're forced onto the road with
> huge buses and SUVs.

> I seriously admire Netherlands as the only country in the world who
> looked at road deaths and decided to do something about it.

Then why are Dutch road deaths significantly higher than the UK’s, per head
of population? Whatever is there to ‘seriously admire’ about that?

--
Spike

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<89baa123-aeb1-465e-b34e-52fec42f8d43n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30949&group=uk.rec.cycling#30949

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 09:03:47 -0700 (PDT)
close main road
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:03 UTC

It has clearly left the carriageway - sackings ahead.

https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article27265320.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_Gary-OakleyManchester-Evening-News.jpg

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<kgo73hFenmgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30952&group=uk.rec.cycling#30952

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
and police close main road
Date: 6 Jul 2023 16:06:09 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:06 UTC

> It has clearly left the carriageway - sackings ahead.
>
> https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article27265320.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_Gary-OakleyManchester-Evening-News.jpg

Spiteful little sod, aren’t you?

--
Spike

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<d943f8e8-4826-4697-8113-dcde7acdc070n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30955&group=uk.rec.cycling#30955

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 09:08:32 -0700 (PDT)
close main road
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:08 UTC

On Thursday, July 6, 2023 at 5:03:49 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> It has clearly left the carriageway - sackings ahead.
>
> https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article27265320.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_Gary-OakleyManchester-Evening-News.jpg

Sorry - he has already been fired.

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<kgo9v7Ff59fU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30958&group=uk.rec.cycling#30958

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
close main road
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 17:55:02 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:55 UTC

On 06/07/2023 04:43 pm, swldx...@gmail.com [the Chief Chav] wrote:

> 5 hrs ago
> Another serious collision in a part of the city that has ZERO segregated cycle lanes.
> Manchester City Council, like so many others, waste their time on consultations just to build a single cycle lane that might actually help save a life, meanwhile we keep dying as we're forced onto the road with huge buses and SUVs.

"forced"?

Who's "forcing" you?

> I seriously admire Netherlands as the only country in the world who looked at road deaths and decided to do something about it.

Have they decided to ban chav-cycling?

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<d0c33057-480f-482a-bd9a-6c03f93ed18fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30962&group=uk.rec.cycling#30962

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 10:07:46 -0700 (PDT)
close main road
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 17:07 UTC

Why has the front door been pixelated?

https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article27265323.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_image-1.jpg

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<kgogibFg6juU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30967&group=uk.rec.cycling#30967

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
close main road
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 19:47:39 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 18:47 UTC

On 06/07/2023 06:07 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> Why has the front door been pixelated?
>
> https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article27265323.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_image-1.jpg

Pass.

Have you thought of asking the Manchester Evening news?

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<5279071f-5a4f-4eac-8848-d9b05bc43797n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30970&group=uk.rec.cycling#30970

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 12:34:10 -0700 (PDT)
close main road
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 19:34 UTC

20 hrs ago

She was in fact safely crossing the road, the bus ran a red light and hit her she was not at fault.

QUOTE: It seems bus drivers have a two second rule when it comes to red lights ... They do go through red lights a lot and love to block junctions. ENDS

HERE ARE THE LIGHTS HE JUMPED.

https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article27264925.ece/ALTERNATES/s510b/0_Gary-OakleyManchester-Evening-News.jpg

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<kgolq7Fgvj7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30971&group=uk.rec.cycling#30971

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
close main road
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 21:17:11 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 20:17 UTC

On 06/07/2023, swldx...@gmail.com [the Chief Chav-Cyclist] wrote:

> She was in fact safely crossing the road, the bus ran a red light and hit her she was not at fault.

How does a cyclist "cross the road"?

From footway to footway?

> QUOTE: It seems bus drivers have a two second rule when it comes to red lights ... They do go through red lights a lot and love to block junctions. ENDS

> HERE ARE THE LIGHTS HE JUMPED.

> https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article27264925.ece/ALTERNATES/s510b/0_Gary-OakleyManchester-Evening-News.jpg

If you are going to argue in favour of public execution for disobeying
red traffic lights, I'll support you - as long as it applies to
*everyone* in charge of a vehicle of any sort.

Re: Female cyclist hit by bus as windscreen left shattered and police close main road

<42e55eaa-80e8-4050-b9ad-3b5a1194fff5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30975&group=uk.rec.cycling#30975

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 13:27:11 -0700 (PDT)
close main road
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 20:27 UTC

On Thursday, July 6, 2023 at 8:34:12 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> 20 hrs ago
>
> She was in fact safely crossing the road, the bus ran a red light and hit her she was not at fault.
>
> QUOTE: It seems bus drivers have a two second rule when it comes to red lights ... They do go through red lights a lot and love to block junctions. ENDS
>
> HERE ARE THE LIGHTS HE JUMPED.
>
> https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article27264925.ece/ALTERNATES/s510b/0_Gary-OakleyManchester-Evening-News.jpg

"Greater Manchester Police have been contacted for further details. "

WHAT ABOUT THE BUS COMPANY?
THEY WILL HAVE FOOTAGE OF THEIR DRIVER'S RLJ OFFENCE.