Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 06:07:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Vauxhall Astra driver involved in fatal crash bailed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 13:07 UTC

A Vauxhall driver said to have been involved in a crash that killed a cyclist in Shillingford has been bailed, police confirmed.

The 45-year-old Berinsfield man was arrested by police following the fatal crash on the A4704 Oxford Road on the morning of Tuesday, July 4.

He was held on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs.

A Thames Valley Police spokesman this morning said the man had been released on unconditional police bail.

He is due to return to the police station to answer his bail by September 26.

The cyclist, a 54-year-old man, was on the A4704 Oxford Road at 5.54am when he was involved in the collision with the driver of the Vauxhall Astra. He died at the scene.

DI Justin Thomas of the Serious Collision Investigation Unit said: “I am appealing to anybody who was driving along the A4074 at around the time of the collision to please get in touch with Thames Valley Police if you witnessed it.

“I would also appeal to anybody who may have dash-cam footage from around the time of the collision to please contact us.”

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/23639962.vauxhall-astra-driver-involved-fatal-crash-bailed/