From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: e-bike website narrowly avoids gaffe
Date: 8 Jul 2023 08:43:08 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 08:43 UTC

QUOTE: In January, [James “Captain Slow”] May made the case for 20mph speed
limits, saying the limit in urban and residential areas is "plenty fast
enough". Our sister site, e-bike tips, in March, reported on May's
statement that electric bikes "really could change the world". ENDQUOTE

Thank goodness the site involved[1], in using the phrase ‘electric bikes
really could change the world’, managed to avoid saying ‘e-bikes really
could set the world on fire’…

[1] https://ebiketips.road.cc

--
Spike

Re: e-bike website narrowly avoids gaffe

<kgsmunF66e5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31004&group=uk.rec.cycling#31004

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: e-bike website narrowly avoids gaffe
Date: 8 Jul 2023 09:01:12 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 09:01 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:

> QUOTE: In January, [James “Captain Slow”] May made the case for 20mph speed
> limits, saying the limit in urban and residential areas is "plenty fast
> enough". Our sister site, e-bike tips, in March, reported on May's
> statement that electric bikes "really could change the world". END QUOTE
>
> Thank goodness the site involved[1], in using the phrase ‘electric bikes
> really could change the world’, managed to avoid saying ‘e-bikes really
> could set the world on fire’…
>
> [1] https://ebiketips.road.cc

Apologies…

It was James May that used the phrase “really could change the world”, as
was reported by the website concerned. Article here:

<https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/e-bikes-really-could-change-the-world-says-james-may-4383>

--
Spike

Re: e-bike website narrowly avoids gaffe

<kgsqpuF6p91U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31006&group=uk.rec.cycling#31006

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 11:06:54 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 10:06 UTC

On 08/07/2023 09:43 am, Spike wrote:

> QUOTE: In January, [James “Captain Slow”] May made the case for 20mph speed
> limits, saying the limit in urban and residential areas is "plenty fast
> enough". Our sister site, e-bike tips, in March, reported on May's
> statement that electric bikes "really could change the world". ENDQUOTE
>
> Thank goodness the site involved[1], in using the phrase ‘electric bikes
> really could change the world’, managed to avoid saying ‘e-bikes really
> could set the world on fire’…
>
> [1] https://ebiketips.road.cc

:-)