You will inherit some money or a small piece of land.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injured

SubjectAuthor
* Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injuredswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror QUAD bike crash inSpike
+* Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injuredswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in GreeceSpike
`* Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injuredswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in GreeceSpike
 `- Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injuredswldx...@gmail.com

1
Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injured

<4644ca35-d936-4640-a5fb-21d2bc42e5f9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31020&group=uk.rec.cycling#31020

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 05:39:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injured
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 12:39 UTC

A teenager who died in a tragic bike crash on Friday morning has been named locally as Ryan Bennet. The 19-year-old was in Greece when the incident took place during the early hours.

Ryan, from Dumbarton, was rushed to Zakynthos Hospital where he was sadly pronounced dead on July 7.

It is understood the bike veered off a path and overturned, killing Ryan. It's reported a 19-year-old passenger on the bike suffered minor injuries.

According to local news site ERT Zakynthos, both teenagers were wearing helmets and were travelling at a slow speed before the bike overturned.

An investigation by the Police Department of Alykon of Zakynthos is ongoing with a postmortem due to take place.

A spokesperson for the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development office said: “We are supporting the family of a British National who has died in Greece and are in contact with the local authorities.”

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/dumbarton-teenager-dies-horror-quad-27281825

Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror QUAD bike crash in Greece as friend injured

<kgt5e4F8dtnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31025&group=uk.rec.cycling#31025

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror QUAD bike crash in
Greece as friend injured
Date: 8 Jul 2023 13:08:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 13:08 UTC

Mason misrepresenting news items again.

The article is headlined “Dumbarton teenager dies in horror quad bike crash
in Greece as friend injured”

Note the correct description as a QUAD bike.

For clarity, and to help those with an agenda, the descriptor QUAD has been
added where appropriate to the report, although it was used in the
conveniently-unquoted article headline.

swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> misrepresented the following
article:

--
Spike

Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injured

<00c14c60-5bb6-47b8-a9aa-a3c76bf3b757n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31027&group=uk.rec.cycling#31027

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 08:14:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 15:14 UTC

QUOTE: According to local news site ERT Zakynthos, both teenagers were wearing helmets and were travelling at a slow speed before the bike overturned. ENDS

Yes - they're a bugger for overturning and plastic hats are useless.

Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injured

<kgthlnFaah8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31034&group=uk.rec.cycling#31034

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece
as friend injured
Date: 8 Jul 2023 16:37:11 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 16:37 UTC

> QUOTE: According to local news site ERT Zakynthos, both teenagers were
> wearing helmets and were travelling at a slow speed before the bike overturned. ENDS
>
> Yes - they're a bugger for overturning and plastic hats are useless.

Plastic hats are so useless they save people’s lives!

If cycle helmets aren’t saving lives, there’s something wrong with the
helmets. 🙄

--
Spike

Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injured

<1a215a30-82f4-4c95-8a44-4480c73290e2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31039&group=uk.rec.cycling#31039

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 10:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 17:53 UTC

QUOTE: "both teenagers were travelling at a slow speed before the bike overturned." ENDS

Are they THAT unstable that they turn turtle even at walking speed?
SHOCKING!

Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injured

<kgtr7eFbq4pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31044&group=uk.rec.cycling#31044

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
as friend injured
Date: 8 Jul 2023 19:20:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 19:20 UTC

> QUOTE: "both teenagers were travelling at a slow speed before the bike overturned." ENDS
>
> Are they THAT unstable that they turn turtle even at walking speed?
> SHOCKING!

Apples and oranges again…🙄

--
Spike

Re: Dumbarton teenager dies in horror bike crash in Greece as friend injured

<49b2e1fc-e83d-429a-b3f5-fe970e47cfaen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31047&group=uk.rec.cycling#31047

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 12:26:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 19:26 UTC

Quad bikes are often marketed as stable vehicles that are safe to use on all terrains. However, research shows that the danger in quad bikes is their tendency to tip or roll over when moving at speed, travelling up hills or on uneven ground. The rider can become crushed or pinned under the bike, causing death or injury.

Because quad bikes are heavy and hard to control, children are especially at risk of being hurt or killed, even when riding smaller-sized quad bikes marketed specifically for children or youth.

Children under 16 haven’t developed the skills to judge speed and distance, and they can’t make lifesaving decisions. They often collide with objects and other riders, causing injury to themselves and others.