Ignorance is bliss. -- Thomas Gray Fortune updates the great quotes, #42: BLISS is ignorance.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘non designated area’

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘nonSpike
+* Re: Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘non designasoup
|`- Re: Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘non designaJNugent
`* Re: Cyclist arrested, cycling inSpike
 `- Re: Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘non designaJNugent

1
Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘non designated area’

<khnsugFil3cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31370&group=uk.rec.cycling#31370

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘non
designated area’
Date: 18 Jul 2023 16:29:04 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 16:29 UTC

Man arrested and fined £60 after cycling in ‘non designated area’ in
Kensington Gardens

A photo of a ‘non designated area’ in Kensington Gardens / Royal Parks
Police

By Miriam Burrell. 02 August 2022

A cyclist has been arrested and fined £60 after riding through a “non
designated area” of London’s Kensington Gardens.

The man was stopped by Royal Parks Police in the gardens outside Kensington
Palace.

Police said he “refused to provide satisfactory details” and was
subsequently arrested.

Once officers were “satisfied with details he eventually provided” he was
released, but not without a £60 fine.

Royal Parks Police
@MPSRoyal_Parks
·
Follow
In accordance with our Park Priorities a cyclist was stopped in Kensington
Gardens, cycling in a non designated area. Refused to provided satisfactory
details and arrested. Once officers were satisfied with details he
eventually provided he was released with a sixty pound fine.

People took to Twitter to vent their frustration, or support, after the
arrest and fine.

One user said: “What a complete waste of time and resources”.

But another said “Cyclists - completely oblivious to their impact on
pedestrians!”

In May, Royal Parks Police issued a reminder to cyclists that it “continues
to be an offence to cycle in Green Park or St James Park - triable in the
criminal courts.

“Please comply with the signage,” police said on Twitter, alongside
photographs of the words ‘No Cycling’ painted on the pavement or on a sign.

Police officers and community support officers can issue Fixed Penalty
Notices (FPNs) for cycling in parks where signs say you should not.

Kensington Gardens is one of London’s eight Royal Parks and covers an area
of 265 acres.

<https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/man-arrested-fine-cycling-kensington-gardens-london-b1016205.html#comments-area>

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘non designated area’

<u9h4pr$3t68u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31483&group=uk.rec.cycling#31483

From: invalid@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Cyclist_arrested,_cycling_in_‘non_designa
ted area’
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 18:48:44 +0100
 by: soup - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 17:48 UTC

On 18/07/2023 17:29, Spike wrote:

> Police said he “refused to provide satisfactory details” and was
> subsequently arrested.

Translation :- A man was arsey to police so ended up with a £60 fine.

Just comply people, if you think the 'little Hitlers' have overstepped
then sue them LATER in court, else just comply (save yourself the hassle
[and possible fine]).

Re: Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘non designated area’

<ki3b7iFdilgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31484&group=uk.rec.cycling#31484

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
ted area’
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 01:40:19 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 00:40 UTC

On 22/07/2023 06:48 pm, soup wrote:

> On 18/07/2023 17:29, Spike wrote:
>
>> Police said he “refused to provide satisfactory details” and was
>> subsequently arrested.
>
> Translation :- A man was arsey to police so ended up with a £60 fine.
>
> Just comply people, if you think the 'little Hitlers' have overstepped
> then sue them LATER in court, else just comply (save yourself the hassle
> [and possible fine]).

In other (familiar) words, 'fessing up early pays dividends.

Got that, May Sun? :-)

Re: Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘non designated area’

<ki44tsFhdirU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31485&group=uk.rec.cycling#31485

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cyclist arrested, cycling in
‘non designated area’
Date: 23 Jul 2023 07:58:52 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 07:58 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:

A cyclist has been arrested and fined £60 after riding through a “non
designated area” of London’s Kensington Gardens.

> <https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/man-arrested-fine-cycling-kensington-gardens-london-b1016205.html#comments-area>

I hope he wasn’t anticipating holidaying in the USA.

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist arrested, cycling in ‘non designated area’

<ki4qtjFkpvkU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31492&group=uk.rec.cycling#31492

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
ted area’
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 15:14:11 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 14:14 UTC

On 23/07/2023 08:58 am, Spike wrote:
> Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:
>
> A cyclist has been arrested and fined £60 after riding through a “non
> designated area” of London’s Kensington Gardens.
>
>> <https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/man-arrested-fine-cycling-kensington-gardens-london-b1016205.html#comments-area>
>
> I hope he wasn’t anticipating holidaying in the USA.

:-)