<Oryn> anyone know if there is a version of dpkg for redhat?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

SubjectAuthor
* Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashSpike
+* Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashsoup
|`* Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashSpike
| +* Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashsoup
| |+- Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashswldx...@gmail.com
| |`- Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashJNugent
| `* Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashswldx...@gmail.com
|  `* Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashsoup
|   `* Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashswldx...@gmail.com
|    `- Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashSpike
+- Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashSpike
+- Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashSpike
`- Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crashswldx...@gmail.com

1
Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<7e145f1a-0766-4a8d-a6bb-54874a9d4864n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31376&group=uk.rec.cycling#31376

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 10:02:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 17:02 UTC

CYCLISTS USED TO CHECK THEIR FLAT BACKS IN THESE WINDOWS.
=======================================
The family of a “devoted dad” who died after his car crashed into a bakery have paid tribute to him.

Ryan Anthony Bagnall, from Gwersyllt, Wrexham county was driving a white Vauxhall Corsa which crashed into the front window of Gerrards Bakery in Wrexham on Monday.

Emergency services were called to the scene on Ruthin Road at about 02:00 BST.

The 26-year-old died shortly after arriving at Wrexham Maelor hospital by ambulance.

North Wales Police said the female passenger remains in hospital in Stoke-on-Trent with significant injuries.

Paying tribute, Mr Bagnall’s family said: “Ryan was a caring and loveable rogue.

"He was a devoted Dad to his two girls and he’ll be missed by all his family and friends.”

The force has urged any witnesses to get in touch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx907llg0yeo

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<kho0d1Fj5odU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31379&group=uk.rec.cycling#31379

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 18 Jul 2023 17:28:01 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 17:28 UTC

Anyone know what this is about?

--
Spike

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<u9b50u$2m2mb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31428&group=uk.rec.cycling#31428

From: invalid@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 12:15:43 +0100
 by: soup - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 11:15 UTC

On 18/07/2023 18:02, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> CYCLISTS USED TO CHECK THEIR FLAT BACKS IN THESE WINDOWS.
>
> The family of a “devoted dad” who died after his car crashed into a bakery have paid tribute to him.
>
> Ryan Anthony Bagnall, from Gwersyllt, Wrexham county was driving a white Vauxhall Corsa which crashed into the front window of Gerrards Bakery in Wrexham on Monday.
>
> Emergency services were called to the scene on Ruthin Road at about 02:00 BST.
>
> The 26-year-old died shortly after arriving at Wrexham Maelor hospital by ambulance.
>
> North Wales Police said the female passenger remains in hospital in Stoke-on-Trent with significant injuries.
>
> Paying tribute, Mr Bagnall’s family said: “Ryan was a caring and loveable rogue.
>
> "He was a devoted Dad to his two girls and he’ll be missed by all his family and friends.”
>
> The force has urged any witnesses to get in touch.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx907llg0yeo

I am sure you are going to tell us what significance this has to cycling
any minute now.

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<26f461be-109a-449c-b00d-74e2f7d3e4een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31431&group=uk.rec.cycling#31431

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 05:56:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 12:56 UTC

On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 12:15:45 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
> On 18/07/2023 18:02, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > CYCLISTS USED TO CHECK THEIR FLAT BACKS IN THESE WINDOWS.
> >
> > The family of a “devoted dad” who died after his car crashed into a bakery have paid tribute to him.
> >
> > Ryan Anthony Bagnall, from Gwersyllt, Wrexham county was driving a white Vauxhall Corsa which crashed into the front window of Gerrards Bakery in Wrexham on Monday.
> >
> > Emergency services were called to the scene on Ruthin Road at about 02:00 BST.
> >
> > The 26-year-old died shortly after arriving at Wrexham Maelor hospital by ambulance.
> >
> > North Wales Police said the female passenger remains in hospital in Stoke-on-Trent with significant injuries.
> >
> > Paying tribute, Mr Bagnall’s family said: “Ryan was a caring and loveable rogue.
> >
> > "He was a devoted Dad to his two girls and he’ll be missed by all his family and friends.”
> >
> > The force has urged any witnesses to get in touch.
> >
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx907llg0yeo
> I am sure you are going to tell us what significance this has to cycling
> any minute now.

I just did do - cyclists used to study the flatness of their riding positions in shop windows. The flatter the back, the more streamlined you were. These days, you can film yourself.

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<khsuceFcp8jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31433&group=uk.rec.cycling#31433

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 20 Jul 2023 14:24:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 14:24 UTC

> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 12:15:45 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
>> On 18/07/2023 18:02, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> CYCLISTS USED TO CHECK THEIR FLAT BACKS IN THESE WINDOWS.
>>>
>>> The family of a “devoted dad” who died after his car crashed into a
>>> bakery have paid tribute to him.
>>>
>>> Ryan Anthony Bagnall, from Gwersyllt, Wrexham county was driving a
>>> white Vauxhall Corsa which crashed into the front window of Gerrards
>>> Bakery in Wrexham on Monday.
>>>
>>> Emergency services were called to the scene on Ruthin Road at about 02:00 BST.
>>>
>>> The 26-year-old died shortly after arriving at Wrexham Maelor hospital by ambulance.
>>>
>>> North Wales Police said the female passenger remains in hospital in
>>> Stoke-on-Trent with significant injuries.
>>>
>>> Paying tribute, Mr Bagnall’s family said: “Ryan was a caring and loveable rogue.
>>>
>>> "He was a devoted Dad to his two girls and he’ll be missed by all his
>>> family and friends.”
>>>
>>> The force has urged any witnesses to get in touch.
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx907llg0yeo
>> I am sure you are going to tell us what significance this has to cycling
>> any minute now.
>
> I just did do - cyclists used to study the flatness of their riding
> positions in shop windows. The flatter the back, the more streamlined you
> were. These days, you can film yourself.

So, no specific significance to cycling, then, merely a generality.

--
Spike

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<u9bh6i$2odon$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31435&group=uk.rec.cycling#31435

From: invalid@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 15:43:31 +0100
 by: soup - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 14:43 UTC

On 20/07/2023 13:56, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 12:15:45 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
>> On 18/07/2023 18:02, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> CYCLISTS USED TO CHECK THEIR FLAT BACKS IN THESE WINDOWS.
>>>
>>> The family of a “devoted dad” who died after his car crashed into a bakery have paid tribute to him.
>>>
>>> Ryan Anthony Bagnall, from Gwersyllt, Wrexham county was driving a white Vauxhall Corsa which crashed into the front window of Gerrards Bakery in Wrexham on Monday.
>>>
>>> Emergency services were called to the scene on Ruthin Road at about 02:00 BST.
>>>
>>> The 26-year-old died shortly after arriving at Wrexham Maelor hospital by ambulance.
>>>
>>> North Wales Police said the female passenger remains in hospital in Stoke-on-Trent with significant injuries.
>>>
>>> Paying tribute, Mr Bagnall’s family said: “Ryan was a caring and loveable rogue.
>>>
>>> "He was a devoted Dad to his two girls and he’ll be missed by all his family and friends.”
>>>
>>> The force has urged any witnesses to get in touch.
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx907llg0yeo
>> I am sure you are going to tell us what significance this has to cycling
>> any minute now.
>
> I just did do - cyclists used to study the flatness of their riding positions in shop windows. The flatter the back, the more streamlined you were. These days, you can film yourself.

Evasion noted . You have typed absolutely nothing about looking in windows.

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<a78fc196-ad3a-4244-b4ba-198768ae2e1dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31437&group=uk.rec.cycling#31437

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 08:24:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 15:24 UTC

:

> >> I am sure you are going to tell us what significance this has to cycling
> >> any minute now.
> >
> > I just did do - cyclists used to study the flatness of their riding positions in shop windows. The flatter the back, the more streamlined you were. These days, you can film yourself.
> Evasion noted . You have typed absolutely nothing about looking in windows.

Wow - a netcop. How very 1980's

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<khtdt6Ff3hdU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31445&group=uk.rec.cycling#31445

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 19:49:10 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 18:49 UTC

On 20/07/2023 03:43 pm, soup wrote:
> On 20/07/2023 13:56, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> I am sure you are going to tell us what significance this has to cycling
>>> any minute now.
>>
>> I just did do - cyclists used to study the flatness of their riding
>> positions in shop windows. The flatter the back, the more streamlined
>> you were. These days, you can film yourself.
>

> Evasion noted .  You have typed absolutely nothing about looking in
> windows.

But he has at least indicated the vanity of chavs on bikes.

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<deecf1cf-5e67-47ab-a794-e7f60017bc55n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31448&group=uk.rec.cycling#31448

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 12:12:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 19:12 UTC

An estate agent says he's 'very lucky' not to be seriously injured after a car ploughed through the front of his office and hit his desk.

Bes Polamani of Hunters Estate Agent in Peach Street, Wokingham, was just coming back into the office when a driver crashed through the front window of the office.

It hit where he would have been sitting and caused major damage to the front of the building.

The incident left the road blocked and four people were treated by South Central Ambulance Service before being taken to hospital.

Work is being carried out to board up and secure the building in Wokingham town centre after staff had to stay overnight to keep it safe.

Bes said: "I was actually just coming into the office when it happened.

"My first thought was to ensure the people in the car were OK and call police and ambulance.

"It only came to me a bit later I could have been sitting at my desk when it happened.

"Thankfully I was very lucky to have been out at the time, a few minutes later and who knows what would have happened?"

He added: "We tried to get it secured, but weren't able to and we weren't able to get an overnight security guard so some of us had to stay here overnight to ensure nothing was stolen."

He said it is likely the office will be closed for around six weeks while the repairs are carried out.

Some staff will temporarily move to another office in Wokingham, with the majority working at home.

The incident happened at around 2.15pm and led to the busy road being blocked.

It is not thought anyone was seriously injured in the incident.

A spokeswoman for Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "At 12:34pm on Wednesday, 27 October, we received reports of a road traffic collision on Peach Street, Wokingham.

"Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Wokingham Road and Bracknell fire stations were sent to the scene.

"Upon arrival, crews found a road traffic collision involving three cars.

"Fortunately, no people were trapped but four casualties were placed into the care of South Central Ambulance Service.

"Crews worked to make the scene safe and were on the scene for approximately 51 minutes.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/wokingham-estate-agent-very-lucky-21995398

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<u9c5b9$2s0ce$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31451&group=uk.rec.cycling#31451

From: invalid@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 21:27:22 +0100
 by: soup - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 20:27 UTC

On 20/07/2023 20:12, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> An estate agent says he's 'very lucky' not to be seriously injured after a car ploughed through the front of his office and hit his desk.
>
> Bes Polamani of Hunters Estate Agent in Peach Street, Wokingham, was just coming back into the office when a driver crashed through the front window of the office.
>
> It hit where he would have been sitting and caused major damage to the front of the building.
>
> The incident left the road blocked and four people were treated by South Central Ambulance Service before being taken to hospital.
>
> Work is being carried out to board up and secure the building in Wokingham town centre after staff had to stay overnight to keep it safe.
>
> Bes said: "I was actually just coming into the office when it happened.
>
> "My first thought was to ensure the people in the car were OK and call police and ambulance.
>
> "It only came to me a bit later I could have been sitting at my desk when it happened.
>
> "Thankfully I was very lucky to have been out at the time, a few minutes later and who knows what would have happened?"
>
> He added: "We tried to get it secured, but weren't able to and we weren't able to get an overnight security guard so some of us had to stay here overnight to ensure nothing was stolen."
>
> He said it is likely the office will be closed for around six weeks while the repairs are carried out.
>
> Some staff will temporarily move to another office in Wokingham, with the majority working at home.
>
> The incident happened at around 2.15pm and led to the busy road being blocked.
>
> It is not thought anyone was seriously injured in the incident.
>
> A spokeswoman for Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "At 12:34pm on Wednesday, 27 October, we received reports of a road traffic collision on Peach Street, Wokingham.
>
> "Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Wokingham Road and Bracknell fire stations were sent to the scene.
>
> "Upon arrival, crews found a road traffic collision involving three cars.
>
> "Fortunately, no people were trapped but four casualties were placed into the care of South Central Ambulance Service.
>
> "Crews worked to make the scene safe and were on the scene for approximately 51 minutes.
>
> https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/wokingham-estate-agent-very-lucky-21995398

Again absolutely nothing to do with cycling.

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<f595dcbd-6fbf-4d81-ba36-00773bf180fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31453&group=uk.rec.cycling#31453

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 13:34:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 20:34 UTC

On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 9:27:24 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:

> > "Crews worked to make the scene safe and were on the scene for approximately 51 minutes.
> >
> > https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/wokingham-estate-agent-very-lucky-21995398
> Again absolutely nothing to do with cycling.

Of course it is. We have to share the roads with these dangerous idiots and knowing their driving habits is invaluable.

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<khtovmFgs5dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31454&group=uk.rec.cycling#31454

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 20 Jul 2023 21:58:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 21:58 UTC

> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 9:27:24 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:

>>> "Crews worked to make the scene safe and were on the scene for approximately 51 minutes.

>>> https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/wokingham-estate-agent-very-lucky-21995398

>> Again absolutely nothing to do with cycling.

> Of course it is. We have to share the roads with these dangerous idiots
> and knowing their driving habits is invaluable.

We have to share the roads with these dangerous idiots and knowing their
cycling habits, such as their narcissism (admiring their reflection in shop
windows), is invaluable.

--
Spike

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<khv4h3Fng9eU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31462&group=uk.rec.cycling#31462

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 21 Jul 2023 10:21:23 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 10:21 UTC

> QUOTE: Paying tribute, Mr Bagnall’s family said: “Ryan was a caring and
> loveable rogue. ENDS
>
> TRANSLATION: He was a foul-mouthed yob who liked a few drinks and a spliff.

Spiteful little man, aren’t you. [not a question]

--
Spike

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<khvckdFono7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31471&group=uk.rec.cycling#31471

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 21 Jul 2023 12:39:41 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 12:39 UTC

> QUOTE: Ryan Anthony Bagnall, from Gwersyllt, Wrexham county was driving a
> white Vauxhall Corsa which crashed into the front window of Gerrards
> Bakery in Wrexham on Monday. ENDS
>
> What did Mr Arsehole say the cause was - Sun shining in the shop window?

If that was the case, cyclists would not have been able to use the window
for their narcissism…

--
Spike

Re: Tribute to devoted dad killed in bakery car crash

<0f171f58-4b49-446b-a218-77495bfda6a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31474&group=uk.rec.cycling#31474

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 08:39:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 15:39 UTC

On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 9:24:48 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: Paying tribute, Mr Bagnall’s family said: “Ryan was a caring and loveable rogue. ENDS
>
> TRANSLATION: He was a foul-mouthed yob who liked a few drinks and a spliff.

QUOTE: 2 days ago

"Dash cam video shows driver's lockdown 'moment of madness' in high-speed police chase"

Ryan Bagnall from Wrexham was sentenced at Mold Crown Court

A man who drove at more than 60mph through a residential area while being chased by police has avoided jail.

Police dash cam footage captured Ryan Bagnall driving at high speed through red traffic lights and the wrong way around two roundabouts during the chase in Wrexham on April 3, 2020. ENDS

See - "wouldn't hurt a fly according to his mum.