Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 13:53:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Car ploughs into entrance of Morrisons supermarket in Brough
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 20:53 UTC

A car has crashed into the front entrance of a supermarket in Brough.

Pictures have emerged of a Volvo car lodged in the glass doors of the Morrisons supermarket in Welton Road. It is thought that the navy-blue car collided with the doors at around 6.15pm today (Thursday).

Several shoppers witnessed the car ploughing through the shop front. It was not immediately clear what had led to the accident and whether anyone had been injured.

Emergency services, including crews from Humberside Fire and Rescue Service, were called to the scene. Images showed shards of glass strewn around the store front and a pallet of barbecue charcoal wedged underneath the rear of the vehicle.

A bollard had been knocked down and dislodged from it's fixture. The car appeared to have come to a halt after colliding with two pallets of compost, shortly before the second set of entrance doors.

Writing on social media, many people expressed their concerns for those involved. One woman said: "I hope no one was injured and I hope the driver is okay."

Another added: "I heard the sirens, I just hope everyone is okay." Humberside Police and Humberside Fire and Rescue have been contacted for comment.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/car-ploughs-entrance-morrisons-supermarket-8634870