Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 09:57:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Seven-year-old girl killed in bike hit-and-run in Walsall named - as
teenager arrested
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 16:57 UTC

A 14-year-old is in custody and police are searching for the bike involved. Officers have appealed for help finding it, saying: "This is not about protecting people, this is about doing the right thing."

The mother of a seven-year-old girl killed in a hit-and-run crash in Walsall has said her "heart is bleeding".

Police were called to Turnstone Road in Blakenall shortly after 7pm on Thursday after Katnis Selezneva was struck by a motorbike.

She was found with critical injuries and taken to Birmingham Children's Hospital where she later died.

A 14-year-old-boy has been arrested and remains in custody.

Officers are searching for the blue and black bike and are trying to determine the make and model. Police tape on Turnstone Road near to the scene where a seven-year-old girl died following a hit-and-run.

Police have urged witnesses and anyone with information to come forward.

The girl was named in a Facebook tribute by her mother, Tsvetelina Selezneva.

She wrote: "God took her away too young and fragile. I don't have strength and I don't want to say goodbye to you, my star.

"How to let you go, my heart is bleeding, my soul is aching. Who will take care of you now up there my angel! I'm powerless, words are not enough, no consolation!"

She said her daughter had told her every day "I love you mom, you are the best mother".

Addressing her daughter, Ms Selezneva wrote: "Your dad was calling you - 'open your eyes Katnis, dad is here, open them' - but you closed them forever!"

Detective Sergeant Paul Hughes, of West Midlands Police, said: "This is an absolutely tragic event which has resulted in the death of an innocent child.

"We have still to recover the motorbike involved and I know someone out there in the local community knows where the bike is.

"I now need that community to come together and work with me."

He added: "This is not about protecting people, this is about doing the right thing.."

Flowers, balloons and stuffed toys have been left at the scene in tribute.

"I will remember your beautiful soul forever. Thinking and praying for your family," said one message attached to a brightly-coloured bouquet.

Another read: "Rest in peace beautiful girl."

https://news.sky.com/story/boy-14-arrested-after-girl-seven-killed-in-hit-and-run-collision-with-motorbike-in-walsall-12929128