You have not converted a man because you have silenced him. -- John Viscount Morley

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Child 'seriously injured' in collision with car on busy Hull road

SubjectAuthor
* Child 'seriously injured' in collision with car on busy Hull roadswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Child 'seriously injured' in collision with car on busy Hull roadJNugent
`- Re: Child 'seriously injured' in collision with car on busy Hull roadswldx...@gmail.com

1
Child 'seriously injured' in collision with car on busy Hull road

<c90161fe-fb5e-40f6-8ecd-1e18c4555b0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31766&group=uk.rec.cycling#31766

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 08:42:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Child 'seriously injured' in collision with car on busy Hull road
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:42 UTC

A child suffered a serious foot injury after being struck by a vehicle as they crossed a busy east Hull road.

The youngster had to go to Hull Royal Infirmary for treatment after the collision. Now, Humberside Police are launching an appeal for information as they continue to investigate two months after the incident on Holderness Road at the junction with East Park Avenue.

They are looking for anyone who may have witnessed what happened or has dashcam footage of the incident which took place at around 5.40pm on Friday, June 2.

A spokesperson for the force said: "Officers investigating a road traffic collision are appealing for witnesses following incident on Holderness Road in Hull.

"We were called to reports that a car had collided with a child as they crossed the road with a parent near the junction of East Park Avenue at around 5.40pm on Friday 2 June. The child was taken to hospital to receive medical treatment for a serious injury to his foot.

"Anybody who has any information or dashcam footage that could assist officers with ongoing enquiries is asked to please call our non-emergency number 101 quoiting log 441 of June 2."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/child-seriously-injured-collision-car-8635615

Re: Child 'seriously injured' in collision with car on busy Hull road

<kii9cnFrprrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31768&group=uk.rec.cycling#31768

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 17:40:54 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 16:40 UTC

> A child suffered a serious foot injury after being struck by a vehicle as they crossed a busy east Hull road.
>
> The youngster had to go to Hull Royal Infirmary for treatment after the collision. Now, Humberside Police are launching an appeal for information as they continue to investigate two months after the incident on Holderness Road at the junction with East Park Avenue.
>
> They are looking for anyone who may have witnessed what happened or has dashcam footage of the incident which took place at around 5.40pm on Friday, June 2.
>
> A spokesperson for the force said: "Officers investigating a road traffic collision are appealing for witnesses following incident on Holderness Road in Hull.
>
> "We were called to reports that a car had collided with a child as they crossed the road with a parent near the junction of East Park Avenue at around 5.40pm on Friday 2 June. The child was taken to hospital to receive medical treatment for a serious injury to his foot.
>
> "Anybody who has any information or dashcam footage that could assist officers with ongoing enquiries is asked to please call our non-emergency number 101 quoiting log 441 of June 2."
>
> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/child-seriously-injured-collision-car-8635615

have you seen today's news about the chav on a bike arrested for killing
a 7-yr-old girl (with his chav-bike) yet?

I'd have thought you'd have been all over that item.

Re: Child 'seriously injured' in collision with car on busy Hull road

<ef487417-0b24-42e6-9e2f-76c9c846fb6an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31772&group=uk.rec.cycling#31772

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:04:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 17:04 UTC

Here is the crossing where the child was injured.

https://goo.gl/maps/73U3i3QgZyAxGgQu9

Near my first home in 1958.