The bigger the theory the better.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisions between cyclists and motorists, new data show

SubjectAuthor
* Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisions betweenswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of allSpike
+* Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
> [...]
+* Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisionsJNugent
| `- Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of allSpike
+* Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Drivers allegedly at fault in almost three-quarters of allJNugent
|`- Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of allSpike
+- Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of allSpike
`* Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
 `- Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of allSpike

Pages:1234
Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisions between cyclists and motorists, new data show

<kiitbnFdg9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31778&group=uk.rec.cycling#31778

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all
collisions between cyclists and motorists, new data show
Date: 28 Jul 2023 22:21:43 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 22:21 UTC

> QUOTE--: The data, which was analysed by the Transport Research
> Laboratory (TRL), showed that more than a quarter of all cycling deaths
> in 2005-07 happened when a vehicle ran into the rear of a bike. --ENDS

By way of comparison, Official data shows that 1 in 6 (16%) of bicyclist
deaths arise from Single Vehicle Accidents.

--
Spike

Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisions between cyclists and motorists, new data show

<bc2db670-8ccf-4d14-84f7-5c1ea625fa54n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31783&group=uk.rec.cycling#31783

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 01:12:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Drivers at fault in almost three-quarters of all collisions
between cyclists and motorists, new data show
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 08:12 UTC

Why do some drivers tailgate?

There are various circumstances in which certain drivers may feel they need to drive too close to you. You could encounter:
The bully

These drivers will try and use tailgating as a tactic to force motorists to allow them to pass or move out of the outside lane on the motorway, regardless of whether they are travelling at the correct speed limit.
The inexperienced driver

They could be unaware of the correct distance to keep and the danger they are causing by driving too close to you. They may also be unaware of the correct way to use motorway lanes and move over safely on A-roads.

The auto-pilot

Is usually not paying full attention to the road and is simply following you through the traffic. They’re often unaware of what is going on around them so pose a serious danger to other drivers and themselves.

The impatient driver

They will appear to be in a hurry and will often travel above the speed limit to nudge you along and encourage you to go faster to suit their needs.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/images/uploads/panel-images/Tailgating_driver.jpg