The one sure way to make a lazy man look respectable is to put a fishing rod in his hand.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Teenager charged after bike driven at police officers

SubjectAuthor
* Teenager charged after bike driven at police officersswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Teenager charged after bike driven at police officersJNugent
`- Re: Teenager charged after bike driven at police officersswldx...@gmail.com

1
Teenager charged after bike driven at police officers

<07d6517b-1402-4d48-8c79-b57d26d4877fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31836&group=uk.rec.cycling#31836

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 05:37:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Teenager charged after bike driven at police officers
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 12:37 UTC

A 19-year-old man has been charged after a scrambler bike was driven at police officers.

A police community support officer (PCSO) suffered injuries to his face, back and legs after he was hit in Alderfield Drive, Speke, at about 15:00 BST on Friday, Merseyside Police said.

He was taken to hospital and is now recovering at home, police said.

A 19-year-old was charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving and has been remanded in custody.

He was also charged for other offences including using a vehicle without third-party insurance and failing to report the accident.

He is due to appear at Wirral Magistrates Court on Monday.

Assistant Chief Constable Jenny Sims said: "An attack of this nature on a serving police officer is abhorrent, reckless and totally unacceptable."

"They do it willingly, because they have joined the police service to protect people and keep Merseyside safe. However, they expect and deserve to return home safely to their loved ones."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-66354354

Re: Teenager charged after bike driven at police officers

<kin57lFksu5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31837&group=uk.rec.cycling#31837

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 14:00:37 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 13:00 UTC

> A 19-year-old man has been charged after a scrambler bike was driven at police officers.
> A police community support officer (PCSO) suffered injuries to his face, back and legs after he was hit in Alderfield Drive, Speke, at about 15:00 BST on Friday, Merseyside Police said.
> He was taken to hospital and is now recovering at home, police said.
> A 19-year-old was charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving and has been remanded in custody.
> He was also charged for other offences including using a vehicle without third-party insurance and failing to report the accident.

Perhaps the CPS might consider a more serious charge in the circumstances.

> He is due to appear at Wirral Magistrates Court on Monday.

*Wirral* (in fact, it'll be Birkenhead - "Wirral" simply isn't a
placename), for an offence allegedly committed in Speke (which IS a
placename)?

What's happened to Liverpool Magistrates' Court?

> Assistant Chief Constable Jenny Sims said: "An attack of this nature on a serving police officer is abhorrent, reckless and totally unacceptable."
>
> "They do it willingly, because they have joined the police service to protect people and keep Merseyside safe. However, they expect and deserve to return home safely to their loved ones."
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-66354354

Re: Teenager charged after bike driven at police officers

<618b2061-53b3-4168-bfc4-98bfc87fd5efn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31842&group=uk.rec.cycling#31842

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 08:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 15:21 UTC

QUOTE: A 19-year-old was charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving and has been remanded in custody. He was also charged for other offences including using a vehicle without third-party insurance and failing to report the accident.
He is due to appear at Wirral Magistrates Court on Monday. ENDS

Wow - in court tomorrow after getting locked up on Friday!
They certainly look after their own, don't they?