I *____knew* I had some reason for not logging you off... If I could just remember what it was.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed

SubjectAuthor
* Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30swldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist overJNugent
+* Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist overswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist overJNugent
| `- Re: Speedwell man who rammed carSpike
+* Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist overswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist overJNugent
+- Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist overswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist overswldx...@gmail.com

1
Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed

<02f277a6-fea9-4efb-9606-c99dbd977031n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31835&group=uk.rec.cycling#31835

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 05:33:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Speedwell_man_who_rammed_car_into_cyclist_over_£30_
debt_is_jailed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 12:33 UTC

A banned driver from Speedwell chasing a £30 loan rammed his car into a cyclist and crushed him against bollards. Ryan Basseng, who has learning difficulties, was trying to get the money back from Richard Crook, Bristol Crown Court heard.

When Basseng saw him cycling on a lane in Bristol he accelerated the Suzuki Swift and drove into the back of him - shouting: "Well, you had it f-ing coming!" The court was told Mr Crook was pushed into bollards and sustained a broken hip and collarbone.

Dad-of-two Basseng, 26, of Priory Way, pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent, driving while disqualified and dangerous driving on April 4. Judge Euan Ambrose jailed him for three years and banned him from driving for four years and three months, pending an extended driving test.

Kenneth Bell, prosecuting, said Mr Crook was cycling between Forest Road and Tredegar Road, as he did regularly. The day before the incident Basseng had stopped his car near him and asked him: "Where's my money?", referring to £30 he had loaned Mr Crook a month previously. The court heard Basseng added: "Sort my f-ing money out."

The next day Mr Crook was cycling on the lane around 6pm when he spotted Basseng's car. Mr Crook said Basseng seemed to speed up on seeing him.

Mr Bell told the court on Friday (July 28): "The vehicle pushed Mr Crook into bollards. Mr Crook and the bike were crushed against bollards.

"Mr Crook managed to get up and hobble off. He was followed by a passenger in the vehicle who did nothing. Mr Basseng was shouting: "Well, you had it f-ing coming!"

The court heard Mr Crook sustained a broken hip and collarbone as well as facial injuries. He stated how he had been unable to walk properly afterwards and had suffered from nightmares.

Fiona Elder, defending, said her client was a young, vulnerable man whose difficulties arose from drug use. She said Basseng, who has mental health difficulties, had got himself free from drugs in custody.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/speedwell-man-who-rammed-car-8635916

Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed

<kin5cnFksu5U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31838&group=uk.rec.cycling#31838

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Speedwell_man_who_rammed_car_into_cyclist_over_
£30_debt_is_jailed
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 14:03:19 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 13:03 UTC

> A banned driver from Speedwell chasing a £30 loan rammed his car into a cyclist and crushed him against bollards. Ryan Basseng, who has learning difficulties, was trying to get the money back from Richard Crook, Bristol Crown Court heard.

Sounds as though he's been taking "The Sopranos" just a little bit too
seriously.

> When Basseng saw him cycling on a lane in Bristol he accelerated the Suzuki Swift and drove into the back of him - shouting: "Well, you had it f-ing coming!" The court was told Mr Crook was pushed into bollards and sustained a broken hip and collarbone.
> Dad-of-two Basseng, 26, of Priory Way, pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent, driving while disqualified and dangerous driving on April 4. Judge Euan Ambrose jailed him for three years and banned him from driving for four years and three months, pending an extended driving test.
> Kenneth Bell, prosecuting, said Mr Crook was cycling between Forest Road and Tredegar Road, as he did regularly. The day before the incident Basseng had stopped his car near him and asked him: "Where's my money?", referring to £30 he had loaned Mr Crook a month previously. The court heard Basseng added: "Sort my f-ing money out."
> The next day Mr Crook was cycling on the lane around 6pm when he spotted Basseng's car. Mr Crook said Basseng seemed to speed up on seeing him.
> Mr Bell told the court on Friday (July 28): "The vehicle pushed Mr Crook into bollards. Mr Crook and the bike were crushed against bollards.
> "Mr Crook managed to get up and hobble off. He was followed by a passenger in the vehicle who did nothing. Mr Basseng was shouting: "Well, you had it f-ing coming!"
> The court heard Mr Crook sustained a broken hip and collarbone as well as facial injuries. He stated how he had been unable to walk properly afterwards and had suffered from nightmares.
> Fiona Elder, defending, said her client was a young, vulnerable man whose difficulties arose from drug use.

Oh yes, he sounds really "vulnerable", doesn't he?

> She said Basseng, who has mental health difficulties, had got himself free from drugs in custody.

He'll have a chance to consolidate that over the next eighteen months
minimum.

> https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/speedwell-man-who-rammed-car-8635916

Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed

<aa3443f5-88bb-4ea8-8c0d-57fcba62b97bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31843&group=uk.rec.cycling#31843

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 08:23:32 -0700 (PDT)
£30_debt_is_jailed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 15:23 UTC

QUOTE: She said Basseng, who has mental health difficulties, had got himself free from drugs in custody. ENDS

Big deal - I got free of Fentanyl in 19 days with no help whatsoever.

Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed

<kindpeFmag1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31844&group=uk.rec.cycling#31844

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£30_debt_is_jailed
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:26:38 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 15:26 UTC

> QUOTE: She said Basseng, who has mental health difficulties, had got himself free from drugs in custody. ENDS
>
> Big deal - I got free of Fentanyl in 19 days with no help whatsoever.

Are you sure?

Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed

<8d21e04f-1d02-423a-9a32-8b0fa002d8e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31846&group=uk.rec.cycling#31846

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 08:31:19 -0700 (PDT)
£30_debt_is_jailed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 15:31 UTC

QUOTE: When Basseng saw him cycling on a lane in Bristol he accelerated the Suzuki Swift and drove into the back of him - shouting: "Well, you had it f-ing coming! ENDS

That's nearly every nutcase driver down to a tee - right there.

Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed

<kinec3Fmcs7U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31847&group=uk.rec.cycling#31847

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
£30_debt_is_jailed
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:36:35 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 15:36 UTC

> QUOTE: When Basseng saw him cycling on a lane in Bristol he accelerated the Suzuki Swift and drove into the back of him - shouting: "Well, you had it f-ing coming! ENDS
>
> That's nearly every nutcase driver down to a tee - right there.

Did you *drive* off that bridge?

I thought you jumped as a pedestrian (or perhaps as a fairy-cyclist).

Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed

<a579715e-60ed-4a2a-929b-1d40881f2de2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31849&group=uk.rec.cycling#31849

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 09:03:11 -0700 (PDT)
£30_debt_is_jailed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:03 UTC

QUOTE: Judge Euan Ambrose jailed him for three years and banned him from driving for four years and three months, pending an extended driving test. ENDS

Seven year ban - what's the betting he drives again before retaking his test?

Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed

<kingndFmo91U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31851&group=uk.rec.cycling#31851

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Speedwell man who rammed car
into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed
Date: 30 Jul 2023 16:16:45 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:16 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 30/07/2023 04:23 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> QUOTE: She said Basseng, who has mental health difficulties, had got
>> himself free from drugs in custody. ENDS

>> Big deal - I got free of Fentanyl in 19 days with no help whatsoever.

> Are you sure?

Good question…

--
Spike

Re: Speedwell man who rammed car into cyclist over £30 debt is jailed

<2aa7a199-5b9d-44dc-a659-db733d4a0a0an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31853&group=uk.rec.cycling#31853

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 09:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
£30_debt_is_jailed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:34 UTC

QUOTE: Ryan Basseng, who has learning difficulties, was trying to get the money back from Richard Crook, Bristol Crown Court heard. ENDS

Not really possible to learn the HC then!