One man's constant is another man's variable. -- A. J. Perlis

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

SubjectAuthor
* Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car withSpike
+* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car withSpike
+* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car withSpike
+* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car withSpike
|`- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andJNugent
+* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car withSpike
|`* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andJNugent
| `* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car withSpike
|  `* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andJNugent
|   `- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car withSpike
+- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andJNugent
| `* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car withSpike
|  `- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andJNugent
+- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car withSpike
+- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car withSpike
`- Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton andswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<ba8ccc36-3445-45f8-b334-c46fbd609c31n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31894&group=uk.rec.cycling#31894

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 11:38:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 18:38 UTC

An enraged driver chased down a youth and knocked him off his bike after the cyclist intentionally hit his car.

Charles Hammond mounted the pavement and drove across the pedestrianised walkway on Stockton High Street as he chased down a teen cyclist. CCTV footage shows how the 45-year-old had been parked up when a youth rode past him and hit his Seat car with a baton.

Teesside Crown Court heard how Hammond, who was being provoked "fairly frequently" by youths and was on bail for similar offences at the time, headed down a side street before he can be seen driving up onto the pavement. The furious driver appears to reverse twice towards the cyclist before chasing him down the pedestrianised street and knocking him from his bike.

Hammond, whose health has deteriorated considerably since the incident on May 26 last year, can then be seen getting out of the vehicle and follows the teen on foot before returning to his car when the youth cycles away, outlines prosecutor Shaun Dryden.

The dangerous driving occurred while he was on bail for another similar offence - which he was sentenced for in November 2022. Hammond, then 44, had travelled at an unsafe speed through Garnet Street in central Middlesbrough as he tried to catch up with the group of teenagers who he claimed had been tormenting him.

Teesside Crown Court heard at the time how several pedestrians had to jump out of the way when his car mounted the kerb near Psyche store, on Linthorpe Road. When the police arrived on Portman Street, on June 19 2021, CCTV had captured him driving the wrong way down a street and over the speed limit, while chasing the group, for 10 minutes.

On Tuesday, Jon Gittins, mitigating, told the court how Hammond, who has lupus as well as a number of other health conditions, had an accident in April in a shop which "resulted in quite a bad injury to his leg". He then contracted sepsis and was "very close to losing his life".

Hammond is currently going through rehabilitation treatment at a centre in Stockton. Judge Jonathan Carroll told Hammond: "I don't know who these youths are and I don't know what has gone on between you and these youths. They were not solely innocent in this matter and they were part of the problem.

"They were provoking you and doing so, as I understand it, fairly frequently and you were reacting adversely and dangerously."

Judge Carroll said these matters and the previous offence of dangerous driving should have been before the court at the same time. "[The youth] could have suffered a very serious injury or possibly even worse," he added. "You're dragging the general public into this - the way you are driving across a pedestrianised area drags completely innocent bystanders into whatever is going on with you and these youths - that is why you are before the court.

"That is why if you were a healthy man you'd be facing an immediate custodial sentence."

Instead, Hammond, of Langley Avenue, Thornaby, was handed a six months sentence suspended for 18 months. He is banned from driving - although he is unable to do so at this time anyway - for 12 months and must take an extended test.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/driver-chased-down-provoking-youth-27436240

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kivmjvF3f97U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31895&group=uk.rec.cycling#31895

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with
baton and knocked him off his bike
Date: 2 Aug 2023 18:46:23 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 18:46 UTC

And what was the sentence for the youth who bicycled past the parked car,
hitting it with a baton?

Carrying an offensive weapon, criminal damage, causing alarm and distress -
he should do time for that little lot.

--
Spike

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<1b688122-5ed0-403d-85a7-6d0fe501b37an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31897&group=uk.rec.cycling#31897

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 12:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 19:00 UTC

QUOTE: Instead, Hammond, of Langley Avenue, Thornaby, was handed a six months sentence suspended for 18 months. He is banned from driving - although he is unable to do so at this time anyway - for 12 months and must take an extended test. ENDS

He can't drive anyway due to his poor physical health - karma in action.

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj023oF57tpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31899&group=uk.rec.cycling#31899

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
baton and knocked him off his bike
Date: 2 Aug 2023 22:02:32 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 22:02 UTC

> QUOTE: Instead, Hammond, of Langley Avenue, Thornaby, was handed a six
> months sentence suspended for 18 months. He is banned from driving -
> although he is unable to do so at this time anyway - for 12 months and
> must take an extended test. ENDS
>
> He can't drive anyway due to his poor physical health - karma in action.

He’ll have to get a bicycle and a baton. What’s sauce for the goose, etc.

--
Spike

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<9545f52d-ac99-4752-b910-ff2dd207a7adn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31900&group=uk.rec.cycling#31900

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 01:58:14 -0700 (PDT)
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 08:58 UTC

QUOTE: Teesside Crown Court heard how Hammond, who was being provoked "fairly frequently" by youths and was on bail for similar offences at the time, headed down a side street before he can be seen driving up onto the pavement. The furious driver appears to reverse twice towards the cyclist before chasing him down the pedestrianised street and knocking him from his bike. ENDS

On bail while speeding towards his victim who was in a pedestrianised zone is not the most sensible course of action.

""You're dragging the general public into this - the way you are driving across a pedestrianised area drags completely innocent bystanders into whatever is going on with you and these youths - that is why you are before the court. "

QUITE.

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj199mFb486U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31901&group=uk.rec.cycling#31901

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
baton and knocked him off his bike
Date: 3 Aug 2023 09:11:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 09:11 UTC

> QUOTE: Teesside Crown Court heard how Hammond, who was being provoked
> "fairly frequently" by youths and was on bail for similar offences at the
> time, headed down a side street before he can be seen driving up onto the
> pavement. The furious driver appears to reverse twice towards the cyclist
> before chasing him down the pedestrianised street and knocking him from his bike. ENDS
>
> On bail while speeding towards his victim who was in a pedestrianised
> zone is not the most sensible course of action.
>
> ""You're dragging the general public into this - the way you are driving
> across a pedestrianised area drags completely innocent bystanders into
> whatever is going on with you and these youths - that is why you are before the court. "
>
> QUITE.

Does the same go for bicyclists who do that?

Thought not.

--
Spike

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<28d4a069-e361-49e0-8748-442154a85b53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31902&group=uk.rec.cycling#31902

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 05:06:18 -0700 (PDT)
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 12:06 UTC

QUOTE: Charles Hammond mounted the pavement and drove across the pedestrianised walkway on Stockton High Street. ENDS

We are always told that motorists never drive on footways and endanger pedestrians.

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj1qriFdrljU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31906&group=uk.rec.cycling#31906

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
baton and knocked him off his bike
Date: 3 Aug 2023 14:10:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 14:10 UTC

> QUOTE: Charles Hammond mounted the pavement and drove across the
> pedestrianised walkway on Stockton High Street. ENDS
>
> We are always told that motorists never drive on footways and endanger pedestrians.

We are always told that bicyclists are nice people who never do anything
wrong, and if they did, it’s someone else’s fault.

--
Spike

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his chav-bike

<kj1tfuFe4veU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31908&group=uk.rec.cycling#31908

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
knocked him off his chav-bike
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 15:55:57 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 14:55 UTC

> QUOTE: Charles Hammond mounted the pavement and drove across the pedestrianised walkway on Stockton High Street. ENDS
>
> We are always told that motorists never drive on footways and endanger pedestrians.

We are always told that chavs on chav-bikes would never dream of
committing criminal damage.

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<d7f47f95-0a54-4bb0-9f63-b5151eae6cddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31910&group=uk.rec.cycling#31910

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 08:57:45 -0700 (PDT)
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 15:57 UTC

QUOTE: Teesside Crown Court heard at the time how several pedestrians had to jump out of the way when his car mounted the kerb near Psyche store, on Linthorpe Road. When the police arrived on Portman Street, on June 19 2021, CCTV had captured him driving the wrong way down a street and over the speed limit, while chasing the group, for 10 minutes. ENDS

"Psycho" store, eh? Is that a shop especially for nutter drivers who go speeding down one way streets the wrong way?
Fancy that.

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj2b9hFgdm0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31913&group=uk.rec.cycling#31913

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
baton and knocked him off his bike
Date: 3 Aug 2023 18:51:29 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 18:51 UTC

> QUOTE: Teesside Crown Court heard at the time how several pedestrians had
> to jump out of the way when his car mounted the kerb near Psyche store,
> on Linthorpe Road. When the police arrived on Portman Street, on June 19
> 2021, CCTV had captured him driving the wrong way down a street and over
> the speed limit, while chasing the group, for 10 minutes. ENDS
>
> "Psycho" store, eh? Is that a shop especially for nutter drivers who go
> speeding down one way streets the wrong way?
> Fancy that.

‘Psycho Store’ might be for bicyclists, have you checked it out?

--
Spike

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<f6392a8a-29d3-41f0-aca5-534191ccd7f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31915&group=uk.rec.cycling#31915

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 12:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 19:05 UTC

QUOTE: On Tuesday, Jon Gittins, mitigating, told the court how Hammond, who has lupus as well as a number of other health conditions, had an accident in April in a shop which "resulted in quite a bad injury to his leg". He then contracted sepsis and was "very close to losing his life". ENDS

Did he crash his car into this shop while he was speeding through these pedestrian areas?

AIH, I got sepsis in my leg in 2013 up to my hips in hospital, but didn't go crying about it to the judge.

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj2gqvFh8khU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31918&group=uk.rec.cycling#31918

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
knocked him off his bike
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 21:26:06 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 20:26 UTC

> QUOTE: Teesside Crown Court heard at the time how several pedestrians had to jump out of the way when his car mounted the kerb near Psyche store, on Linthorpe Road. When the police arrived on Portman Street, on June 19 2021, CCTV had captured him driving the wrong way down a street and over the speed limit, while chasing the group, for 10 minutes. ENDS
>
> "Psycho" store, eh? Is that a shop especially for nutter drivers who go speeding down one way streets the wrong way?
> Fancy that.

A psycho store is where psycholists go to buy chav-psycles and spare parts.

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj2hchFhbmlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31919&group=uk.rec.cycling#31919

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
baton and knocked him off his bike
Date: 3 Aug 2023 20:35:29 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 20:35 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 03/08/2023 04:57 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> QUOTE: Teesside Crown Court heard at the time how several pedestrians
>> had to jump out of the way when his car mounted the kerb near Psyche
>> store, on Linthorpe Road. When the police arrived on Portman Street, on
>> June 19 2021, CCTV had captured him driving the wrong way down a street
>> and over the speed limit, while chasing the group, for 10 minutes. ENDS
>>
>> "Psycho" store, eh? Is that a shop especially for nutter drivers who go
>> speeding down one way streets the wrong way?
>> Fancy that.
>
> A psycho store is where psycholists go to buy chav-psycles and spare parts.

Spare parts? Like a brain transplant? Could be useful for some on the
group?

--
Spike

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj2ibvFhg74U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31920&group=uk.rec.cycling#31920

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
knocked him off his bike
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 21:52:14 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 20:52 UTC

On 03/08/2023 09:35 pm, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 03/08/2023 04:57 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> QUOTE: Teesside Crown Court heard at the time how several pedestrians
>>> had to jump out of the way when his car mounted the kerb near Psyche
>>> store, on Linthorpe Road. When the police arrived on Portman Street, on
>>> June 19 2021, CCTV had captured him driving the wrong way down a street
>>> and over the speed limit, while chasing the group, for 10 minutes. ENDS
>
>>> "Psycho" store, eh? Is that a shop especially for nutter drivers who go
>>> speeding down one way streets the wrong way?
>>> Fancy that.
>
>> A psycho store is where psycholists go to buy chav-psycles and spare parts.
>
> Spare parts? Like a brain transplant? Could be useful for some on the
> group?

:-)

I was thinking more of what happens to all those chav-bikes which are
reported stolen - sometimes in street robberies.

They must mainly end up as "ask me no questions" spare parts at
knock-down (or knock-off) prices.

There'll be a demand for those.

From other chav-psycholists, of course.

Who else?

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<eff30bc8-ef3f-4ade-907d-f79deed3802en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31922&group=uk.rec.cycling#31922

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 14:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 21:06 UTC

QUOTE: "That is why if you were a healthy man you'd be facing an immediate custodial sentence." Instead, Hammond, of Langley Avenue, Thornaby, was handed a six months sentence suspended for 18 months. He is banned from driving - although he is unable to do so at this time anyway - for 12 months and must take an extended test. ENDS

If you weren't such a lying spaz, you'd have been someone's bitch in jail.

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj2kb0Fhq85U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31924&group=uk.rec.cycling#31924

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
baton and knocked him off his bike
Date: 3 Aug 2023 21:25:52 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 21:25 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 03/08/2023 09:35 pm, Spike wrote:
>
>> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:

>>> A psycho store is where psycholists go to buy chav-psycles and spare parts.
>>
>> Spare parts? Like a brain transplant? Could be useful for some on the
>> group?
>
> :-)
>
> I was thinking more of what happens to all those chav-bikes which are
> reported stolen - sometimes in street robberies.
>
> They must mainly end up as "ask me no questions" spare parts at
> knock-down (or knock-off) prices.
>
> There'll be a demand for those.
>
> From other chav-psycholists, of course.
>
> Who else?

Oh, quite. Normal people wouldn’t touch them with a barge-pole.

--
Spike

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj2tnqFj7lnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31925&group=uk.rec.cycling#31925

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
knocked him off his bike
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 01:06:17 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 00:06 UTC

> QUOTE: "That is why if you were a healthy man you'd be facing an immediate custodial sentence." Instead, Hammond, of Langley Avenue, Thornaby, was handed a six months sentence suspended for 18 months. He is banned from driving - although he is unable to do so at this time anyway - for 12 months and must take an extended test. ENDS
>
> If you weren't such a lying spaz, you'd have been someone's bitch in jail.

"Spaz"?

"Bitch"?

Is that the way that decent people talk these days?

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<a30147b8-de1c-4954-84f1-f5e642c2630cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31927&group=uk.rec.cycling#31927

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 01:10:43 -0700 (PDT)
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 08:10 UTC

QUOTE: , CCTV had captured him driving the wrong way down a street and over the speed limit, while chasing the group, for 10 minutes. ENDS

Was that just before he mounted the pavement and then sped down a pedestrian walkway?

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj3r91FnlpiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31932&group=uk.rec.cycling#31932

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
baton and knocked him off his bike
Date: 4 Aug 2023 08:30:26 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 08:30 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 03/08/2023 10:06 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: "That is why if you were a healthy man you'd be facing an
>> immediate custodial sentence." Instead, Hammond, of Langley Avenue,
>> Thornaby, was handed a six months sentence suspended for 18 months. He
>> is banned from driving - although he is unable to do so at this time
>> anyway - for 12 months and must take an extended test. ENDS
>>
>> If you weren't such a lying spaz, you'd have been someone's bitch in jail.
>
> "Spaz"?
>
> "Bitch"?
>
> Is that the way that decent people talk these days?

No, it’s the way a misogynist and disablist would talk in order to boost
their tiny ego, known as ‘projection’.

--
Spike

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<b9ea5bb8-be2a-43ed-be30-204e521ac844n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31934&group=uk.rec.cycling#31934

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 03:33:48 -0700 (PDT)
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 10:33 UTC

QUOTE: Hammond, then 44, had travelled at an unsafe speed through Garnet Street in central Middlesbrough as he tried to catch up with the group of teenagers who he claimed had been tormenting him. ENDS

Poor baby - were the nasty children calling you howwible names?
Grow up, baldie.

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj4871FpkteU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31940&group=uk.rec.cycling#31940

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
baton and knocked him off his bike
Date: 4 Aug 2023 12:11:13 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 12:11 UTC

> QUOTE: Hammond, then 44, had travelled at an unsafe speed through Garnet
> Street in central Middlesbrough as he tried to catch up with the group of
> teenagers who he claimed had been tormenting him. ENDS
>
> Poor baby - were the nasty children calling you howwible names?
> Grow up, baldie.

You appear to have something in your eye.

--
Spike

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<96a12b78-3b16-41ca-821a-d503b6a44d38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31941&group=uk.rec.cycling#31941

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 05:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 12:55 UTC

QUOTE: The dangerous driving occurred while he was on bail for another similar offence - which he was sentenced for in November 2022. ENDS

Two offences for the price of one - double bubble!

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<kj4isdFr8emU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31943&group=uk.rec.cycling#31943

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
knocked him off his bike
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 16:13:18 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 15:13 UTC

On 04/08/2023 09:30 am, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 03/08/2023 10:06 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> QUOTE: "That is why if you were a healthy man you'd be facing an
>>> immediate custodial sentence." Instead, Hammond, of Langley Avenue,
>>> Thornaby, was handed a six months sentence suspended for 18 months. He
>>> is banned from driving - although he is unable to do so at this time
>>> anyway - for 12 months and must take an extended test. ENDS
>
>>> If you weren't such a lying spaz, you'd have been someone's bitch in jail.
>
>> "Spaz"?
>> "Bitch"?
>> Is that the way that decent people talk these days?
>
> No, it’s the way a misogynist and disablist would talk in order to boost
> their tiny ego, known as ‘projection’.

It is disturbing.

May Sun lost any residual veneer of civilisation a long time ago, though.

Re: Driver chased down 'provoking' youth who hit car with baton and knocked him off his bike

<2c1a7f5b-f50b-45da-8216-e6cdb251f4a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31945&group=uk.rec.cycling#31945

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 08:35:49 -0700 (PDT)
knocked him off his bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 15:35 UTC

QUOTE: The furious driver appears to reverse twice towards the cyclist before chasing him down the pedestrianised street and knocking him from his bike. ENDS

Wow - this driver was NOT in so much of a hurry that he oddly had so much time to reverse and argue the toss as per usual.
Instead he drove down a pedestrian street DELIBERATLEY in order to injure a child - classy!