From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Bristol: ‘rampant bike theft’
Date: 13 Aug 2023 17:45:17 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 17:45 UTC

QUOTE
Calls are growing on Bristol City Council to make the city safer for
cyclists. Earlier this month thousands petitioned council chiefs to come up
with a plan for a comprehensive network of safe bike lanes, a proper bike
share scheme, and cycle hangars to clamp down on rampant bike theft. The
mayor’s blog post is his formal response to the petition for safer cycling.
ENDQUOTE

So, apart from cyclists, whoever would be interested in stolen bicycles or
parts?

--
Spike

Re: Bristol: ‘rampant bike theft’

<kjsrusFpmq0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32136&group=uk.rec.cycling#32136

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Bristol: ‘rampant bike theft’
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 21:15:25 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 20:15 UTC

On 13/08/2023 06:45 pm, Spike wrote:

> QUOTE
> Calls are growing on Bristol City Council to make the city safer for
> cyclists. Earlier this month thousands petitioned council chiefs to come up
> with a plan for a comprehensive network of safe bike lanes, a proper bike
> share scheme, and cycle hangars to clamp down on rampant bike theft. The
> mayor’s blog post is his formal response to the petition for safer cycling.
> ENDQUOTE
>
> So, apart from cyclists, whoever would be interested in stolen bicycles or
> parts?

It's obvious that chav-cyclists are behind every bit of it, whether as
front-end thieves or back-end willing buyers at knock-off prices.

How could it not be?

Re: Bristol: ‘rampant bike theft’

<ubbqs0$20jkd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32140&group=uk.rec.cycling#32140

From: muzhmuzh@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 12:01:04 +1200
 by: Peter Keller - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 00:01 UTC

On 14/08/23 05:45, Spike wrote:
> QUOTE
> Calls are growing on Bristol City Council to make the city safer for
> cyclists. Earlier this month thousands petitioned council chiefs to come up
> with a plan for a comprehensive network of safe bike lanes, a proper bike
> share scheme, and cycle hangars to clamp down on rampant bike theft. The
> mayor’s blog post is his formal response to the petition for safer cycling.
> ENDQUOTE
>
> So, apart from cyclists, whoever would be interested in stolen bicycles or
> parts?

Even bicyclists do not seem to be interested - at least not in mine.
It is not electric. A good anti-theft device.