A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- H. H. Munro, "Saki"

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Hymer hydroxide

SubjectAuthor
* Hymer hydroxideHymermut
+- Re: Hymer hydroxideJeff Gaines
+- Re: Hymer hydroxideJohn Williamson
+- Re: Hymer hydroxideAhem A Rivet's Shot
+- Re: Hymer hydroxideSoup
+* Re: Hymer hydroxideJohn Williamson
|`* Re: Hymer hydroxideHymermut
| +- Re: Hymer hydroxideJohn Williamson
| `- Re: Hymer hydroxideBrian
+* Re: Hymer hydroxideBrian
|`- Re: Hymer hydroxideNicholas D. Richards
+* Re: Hymer hydroxideSn!pe
|`* Re: Hymer hydroxideJeff Gaines
| +* Re: Hymer hydroxidechrisnd@privacy.net
| |`* Re: Hymer hydroxideNicholas D. Richards
| | `* Re: Hymer hydroxideJohn Williamson
| |  `- Re: Hymer hydroxideHymermut
| `- Re: Hymer hydroxideTease'n'Seize
`- Re: Hymer hydroxideTease'n'Seize

1
Hymer hydroxide

<ut9pin$8p2t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32244&group=uk.rec.sheds#32244

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Hymer hydroxide
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:19:33 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:19 UTC

I am a little confabulated.

I have a motor engineer inspecting a Hymer for me in that Geordie
Newcastle place on Thursday, and if it's okay, he will drive it back for
me to York.

But, insurance wise, can he do that on his own insurance if the vehicle
is not insured by anyone else at that time?

Also, can the road tax be bought retrospectively.

I am lost in a maze of online detail.

Any Sheddi actually know?

Tone ( Confused of York)

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<xn0ojh5ar1kxcn7002@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32245&group=uk.rec.sheds#32245

From: jgnewsid@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Hymer hydroxide
Date: 18 Mar 2024 17:00:39 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:00 UTC

On 18/03/2024 in message <ut9pin$8p2t$1@dont-email.me> Hymermut wrote:

>I am a little confabulated.
>
>I have a motor engineer inspecting a Hymer for me in that Geordie
>Newcastle place on Thursday, and if it's okay, he will drive it back for
>me to York.
>
>But, insurance wise, can he do that on his own insurance if the vehicle is
>not insured by anyone else at that time?
>
>Also, can the road tax be bought retrospectively.
>
>I am lost in a maze of online detail.
>
>Any Sheddi actually know?
>
>Tone ( Confused of York)

It can be done on a trade plate.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<l5rbesFn4bbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32246&group=uk.rec.sheds#32246

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:20:27 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:20 UTC

On 18/03/2024 16:19, Hymermut wrote:
> I am a little confabulated.
>
> I have a motor engineer inspecting a Hymer for me in that Geordie
> Newcastle place on Thursday, and if it's okay, he will drive it back for
> me to York.
>
> But, insurance wise, can he do that on his own insurance if the vehicle
> is not insured by anyone else at that time?
>
> Also, can the road tax be bought retrospectively.

If he has access to trade plates, that solves both problems.

If he drives customers' vehicles, he should have insurance, so ask him.

I know that if a mechanic or dealer drives my Landie, he is not covered
by my insurance. If I need to drive someone else's car, I would borrow
my boss's trade plates.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<20240318170141.93581ea48789ce000adff393@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32247&group=uk.rec.sheds#32247

From: steveo@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:01:41 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:01 UTC

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:19:33 +0000
Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:

> I am a little confabulated.
>
> I have a motor engineer inspecting a Hymer for me in that Geordie
> Newcastle place on Thursday, and if it's okay, he will drive it back for
> me to York.
>
> But, insurance wise, can he do that on his own insurance if the vehicle
> is not insured by anyone else at that time?

That depends entirely on the terms of his insurance, but AIUI trade
insurance would cover him.

> Also, can the road tax be bought retrospectively.

Apparently it cannot - my daughter has recently been through this.
When she ohled a car in the UK it was delivered on a trailer and she had to
jump through a few hoops to get it taxed (all done in the Post Office). I
thought she should be OK paying it later as the tax would run for that month
whenever she paid it but told her to check with the ecilops who told her not
to drive it without tax as they would confiscate it if they caught her
driving without tax.

I suppose the five day producer went away with paper discs.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<ut9u8d$9omp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32248&group=uk.rec.sheds#32248

From: cheez2011@gmail.com (Soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:39:25 +0000
 by: Soup - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:39 UTC

On 18/03/2024 16:19, Hymermut wrote:
> I am a little confabulated.
>
> I have a motor engineer inspecting a Hymer for me in that Geordie
> Newcastle place on Thursday, and if it's okay, he will drive it back for
> me to York.
>
> But, insurance wise, can he do that on his own insurance if the vehicle
> is not insured by anyone else at that time?
>
> Also, can the road tax be bought retrospectively.
>
> I am lost in a maze of online detail.
>
> Any Sheddi actually know?

My son is a mechanic he often drives client's motor vehicles.
I am not totally sure if the plates themselves are insured (trade
plates) or if he drives under his company's insurance.
Whatever the legal ins and outs he is covered insurance wise for driving
client's vehicles. It does not matter what the client's insurance
situation is.

No idea what the legalities of road tax are.

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<l5rds8Fnf03U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32249&group=uk.rec.sheds#32249

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:01:43 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:01 UTC

On 18/03/2024 16:19, Hymermut wrote:

> Also, can the road tax be bought retrospectively.

On a technicality, if it is currently taxed, the road tax does not
expire until the sale is completed.

If ownership is transferred on delivery, then it is taxed until it
arrives at your place. You need to get this in writing for your protection.

There is also another loophole if the vehicle is being transferred to or
from an appointment for an MOT test.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<uta5pf$bh0d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32250&group=uk.rec.sheds#32250

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 19:47:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:jJnRk9RVdhm5NjH4ME84vq3hPHI=
 by: Brian - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 19:47 UTC

Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:
> I am a little confabulated.
>
> I have a motor engineer inspecting a Hymer for me in that Geordie
> Newcastle place on Thursday, and if it's okay, he will drive it back for
> me to York.
>
> But, insurance wise, can he do that on his own insurance if the vehicle
> is not insured by anyone else at that time?
>
> Also, can the road tax be bought retrospectively.
>
> I am lost in a maze of online detail.
>
> Any Sheddi actually know?
>
> Tone ( Confused of York)

You can get short term insurance - even for under a day I believe. You
advise the company of the details, including a photo of the vehicle, pay,
and you are covered. Unlike the cover provided by a policy on another
vehicle, it doesn’t require the vehicle in question to be insured by
someone else as I understand it.

No idea of cost. I’ve seen it advertised and was half party to a
discussion about it. ( I was only half listening due to background noise
from other discussions. )

I assume this is a new ( to you) Motorhome. Did you have a problem with
your other Hymer?

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<t0hEVsAbjM+lFAJ0@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32253&group=uk.rec.sheds#32253

From: nicholas@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 23:06:03 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 23:06 UTC

In article <uta5pf$bh0d$1@dont-email.me>, Brian <noinv@lid.org> on
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 at 19:47:59 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote

>I assume this is a new ( to you) Motorhome. Did you have a problem with
>your other Hymer?

Every time I read about Tony's motorhome I keep hearing a different word
in my mind, where the r is changed. So what did happen to your other
.......?
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<utajad$eb7q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32254&group=uk.rec.sheds#32254

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 23:38:51 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 23:38 UTC

On 18/03/2024 18:01, John Williamson wrote:
> On 18/03/2024 16:19, Hymermut wrote:
>
>> Also, can the road tax be bought retrospectively.
>>
> On a technicality, if it is currently taxed, the road tax does not
> expire until the sale is completed.
>
> If ownership is transferred on delivery, then it is taxed until it
> arrives at your place. You need to get this in writing for your protection.
>
> There is also another loophole if the vehicle is being transferred to or
> from an appointment for an MOT test.

Thanks for this John. It seems the road tax answer is to complete the
sale on delivery here, at least on paper, not at collection. Turns out
my tame mechanic is happy to drive it under his insurance.

Just heard from the broker that the previous owner is having all the
filters changed on a full service tomorrow as part of the deal!

I've asked about the cam-belt too.

Tone

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<1qqn3th.o56ixyo5kbfsN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32256&group=uk.rec.sheds#32256

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 00:04:58 +0000
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 00:04 UTC

Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:

> I am a little confabulated.
>
> I have a motor engineer inspecting a Hymer for me in that Geordie
> Newcastle place on Thursday, and if it's okay, he will drive it back for
> me to York.
>
> But, insurance wise, can he do that on his own insurance if the vehicle
> is not insured by anyone else at that time?

[...]

My fully comp. SD&P insurance includes third party cover for driving
other cars. Your motor engineer's insurance is probably different as
presumably he would be driving it in the course of trade. A motor trade
professional would surely have his own trade plates or at least access
to them if not. I would have thought that day rigger.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<l5srojFu1npU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32257&group=uk.rec.sheds#32257

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 07:04:51 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 07:04 UTC

On 18/03/2024 23:38, Hymermut wrote:
> On 18/03/2024 18:01, John Williamson wrote:
>> On 18/03/2024 16:19, Hymermut wrote:
>>
>>> Also, can the road tax be bought retrospectively.
>>>
>> On a technicality, if it is currently taxed, the road tax does not
>> expire until the sale is completed.
>>
>> If ownership is transferred on delivery, then it is taxed until it
>> arrives at your place. You need to get this in writing for your
>> protection.
>>
>> There is also another loophole if the vehicle is being transferred to
>> or from an appointment for an MOT test.
>>

> Thanks for this John. It seems the road tax answer is to complete the
> sale on delivery here, at least on paper, not at collection. Turns out
> my tame mechanic is happy to drive it under his insurance.
>
> Just heard from the broker that the previous owner is having all the
> filters changed on a full service tomorrow as part of the deal!
>
> I've asked about the cam-belt too.

All sounds good, then.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<xn0oji6292hojqc003@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32259&group=uk.rec.sheds#32259

From: jgnewsid@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 19 Mar 2024 08:17:38 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 08:17 UTC

On 19/03/2024 in message <1qqn3th.o56ixyo5kbfsN%snipeco.2@gmail.com> Sn!pe
wrote:

>My fully comp. SD&P insurance includes third party cover for driving
>other cars.

I think that has been amended to say "provided that other car has its own
insurance policy" which isn't true in this case. The amendment was made
because families would insure one car then drive three or more others
under the "driving other cars extension".

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
If Björn & Benny had been called Syd and Dave then ABBA would have been

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<l62hvvFpql2U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32290&group=uk.rec.sheds#32290

From: chrisnd@privacy.net (chrisnd@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 10:54:55 +0000
 by: chrisnd@privacy.net - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 10:54 UTC

On 19/03/2024 08:17, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 19/03/2024 in message <1qqn3th.o56ixyo5kbfsN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>
> Sn!pe wrote:
>
>> My fully comp. SD&P insurance includes third party cover for driving
>> other cars.
>
> I think that has been amended to say "provided that other car has its
> own insurance policy" which isn't true in this case.

In the case of mine, and other family members' insurances, this option
no longer seems possible. It was removed a few years ago too as I
remember and then was reinstated. Hopefully this will happen again?

The amendment was
> made because families would insure one car then drive three or more
> others under the "driving other cars extension".

Even though there was invariably the phrase, "Not owned by you or hired
under a hire purchase agreement"? - yes, I can see how that might be
'reinterpreted'.
I am sure there must be some suitable wording!
On the other hand, you could only drive one at a time - so its not as if
the risk is increased. In fact the risk to the insurer is reduced
because the 'other cars' option only ever covered third-party liability.
Hmmm...

I suspect the reason is that it makes it more difficult for El Ploddo to
correctly verify a car's insurance status without stopping every vehicle
that gets flagged by the ANPR pings

Chris

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<Mb08OJAJLD$lFA3d@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32291&group=uk.rec.sheds#32291

From: nicholas@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 13:14:49 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 13:14 UTC

In article <l62hvvFpql2U2@mid.individual.net>, chrisnd@privacy.net
<chrisnd@privacy.net> on Thu, 21 Mar 2024 at 10:54:55 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>On 19/03/2024 08:17, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>> On 19/03/2024 in message <1qqn3th.o56ixyo5kbfsN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>
>> Sn!pe wrote:
>>
>>> My fully comp. SD&P insurance includes third party cover for driving
>>> other cars.
>>
>> I think that has been amended to say "provided that other car has its
>> own insurance policy" which isn't true in this case.
>
>In the case of mine, and other family members' insurances, this option
>no longer seems possible. It was removed a few years ago too as I
>remember and then was reinstated. Hopefully this will happen again?
>
> The amendment was
>> made because families would insure one car then drive three or more
>> others under the "driving other cars extension".
>
>Even though there was invariably the phrase, "Not owned by you or hired
>under a hire purchase agreement"? - yes, I can see how that might be
>'reinterpreted'.
>I am sure there must be some suitable wording!
>On the other hand, you could only drive one at a time - so its not as if
>the risk is increased. In fact the risk to the insurer is reduced
>because the 'other cars' option only ever covered third-party liability.
>Hmmm...
>
>I suspect the reason is that it makes it more difficult for El Ploddo to
>correctly verify a car's insurance status without stopping every vehicle
>that gets flagged by the ANPR pings
>
>Chris

A good point, how would the plod recognise a driver, as (s)he drives
past, as being insured.

In the '70s I drove on a motorcyclists insurance. The insurance (fully
comp, if driving my own motorcycle) insured me to drive any motorcycle
that I was licensed to drive as long as, I had the owner's permission
and the motorcycle was legally on the road (tax, MOT etc).

I did not have to register any motorcycle with the insurance company. It
was called, IIRC, a 'Driver's Policy' and was issued by Norwich Union.
Whether such policies are still being written, I have no idea.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<l62qmrFrm0gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32292&group=uk.rec.sheds#32292

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 13:23:38 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 13:23 UTC

On 21/03/2024 13:14, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <l62hvvFpql2U2@mid.individual.net>, chrisnd@privacy.net
>> I suspect the reason is that it makes it more difficult for El Ploddo to
>> correctly verify a car's insurance status without stopping every vehicle
>> that gets flagged by the ANPR pings
>>

> A good point, how would the plod recognise a driver, as (s)he drives
> past, as being insured.

They don't bother, They check the plates and if it shows insurance is in
place for that vehicle, they ignore you. If not, then they stop you and
decide how many things they are going to prosecute you for.

> In the '70s I drove on a motorcyclists insurance. The insurance (fully
> comp, if driving my own motorcycle) insured me to drive any motorcycle
> that I was licensed to drive as long as, I had the owner's permission
> and the motorcycle was legally on the road (tax, MOT etc).
>
> I did not have to register any motorcycle with the insurance company. It
> was called, IIRC, a 'Driver's Policy' and was issued by Norwich Union.
> Whether such policies are still being written, I have no idea.

Only for business use, I goove. ArTone's mechanic has such a policy,
apparently.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<uthg02$28l4k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32293&group=uk.rec.sheds#32293

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:25:06 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:rOhJ9/jCUs0jVR7qSgoVjLahHbY=
 by: Brian - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:25 UTC

Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:
> On 18/03/2024 18:01, John Williamson wrote:
>> On 18/03/2024 16:19, Hymermut wrote:
>>
>>> Also, can the road tax be bought retrospectively.
>>>
>> On a technicality, if it is currently taxed, the road tax does not
>> expire until the sale is completed.
>>
>> If ownership is transferred on delivery, then it is taxed until it
>> arrives at your place. You need to get this in writing for your protection.
>>
>> There is also another loophole if the vehicle is being transferred to or
>> from an appointment for an MOT test.
>>

> Thanks for this John. It seems the road tax answer is to complete the
> sale on delivery here, at least on paper, not at collection. Turns out
> my tame mechanic is happy to drive it under his insurance.
>
> Just heard from the broker that the previous owner is having all the
> filters changed on a full service tomorrow as part of the deal!
>
> I've asked about the cam-belt too.
>
> Tone

If it is Fiat based with a cam belt, they recommend changing every 5 years
( motor homes rarely reach the mileage limit). They also recommend changing
the water pump.

I had ours down at 4 years- ours is new enough to have a 2 year service
cycle. I use a Fiat main dealer. The cost of the 4 year service with the
cam belt etc is eye watering.

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<uthnih$2adfi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32296&group=uk.rec.sheds#32296

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 16:34:23 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 16:34 UTC

On 21/03/2024 13:23, John Williamson wrote:
>> I did not have to register any motorcycle with the insurance company. It
>> was called, IIRC, a 'Driver's Policy' and was issued by Norwich Union.
>> Whether such policies are still being written, I have no idea.
>>
> Only for business use, I goove. ArTone's mechanic has such a policy,
> apparently.

That saga has just lengthened in time. The Hymer was hit by a delivery
driver outside the previous owner's house a couple of days ago!

It isn't that serious. A cracked bumper. But the broker, who has a
garage close by and was a Hymer dealer/repairer, is going to repair
damage for me at previous owner's cost, but I now won't get it here
until next Weds.

Tone

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<9PacnTCAVMHm8mD4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32299&group=uk.rec.sheds#32299

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:46:08 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-and-seize@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:46 UTC

Hymermut wrote:

> I have a motor engineer inspecting a Hymer for me in that Geordie
> Newcastle place on Thursday, and if it's okay, he will drive it back for
> me to York.
>
> But, insurance wise, can he do that on his own insurance if the vehicle
> is not insured by anyone else at that time?

Maybe he has some trade plates?

Re: Hymer hydroxide

<9PacnTOAVMHB7WD4nZ2dnZfqn_EAAAAA@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32300&group=uk.rec.sheds#32300

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:49:53 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-and-seize@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:49 UTC

Jeff Gaines wrote:

> Sn!pe wrote:
>
>> My fully comp. SD&P insurance includes third party cover for driving
>> other cars.
>
> I think that has been amended to say "provided that other car has its
> own insurance policy"

True for some policies, not for others, I have just changed inswerers, I
ought to check whether my arj one still allows me to drive others
regardless of them being insured elsewhere ...