Change the Social Contract? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. -- Branden Robinson

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Bike rider drove on pavement and jumped red light during police chase

SubjectAuthor
* Bike rider drove on pavement and jumped red light during police chaseswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Bike rider drove on pavement and jumped red light duringSpike
`- Re: Bike rider drove on pavement and jumped red light during police chaseswldx...@gmail.com

1
Bike rider drove on pavement and jumped red light during police chase

<698566f3-5ad9-49b1-8bf0-417ca33aef0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32399&group=uk.rec.cycling#32399

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 03:24:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Bike rider drove on pavement and jumped red light during police chase
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 10:24 UTC

A dirt bike was driven at high-speed on the edge of Nottingham city centre, sparking a police chase, Nottingham Crown Court heard. Police followed off-road biker Anthony Delvin when he rode with no licence plate and refused to stop.

As Delvin headed towards the city, he glanced over his shoulder and must have seen the police car, said Dawn Pritchard, prosecuting, on Tuesday (August 22).

Despite officers flicking on their vehicle's siren and lights, Delvin did not stop after he panicked knowing he should not be on the roads. He turned left onto a pedestrian paved area, went down Peveril Street, Radford, and onto Radford Road, on February 13 this year after 1.30pm.

"He maintained a speed which was too fast for the road layout," Miss Pritchard told Recorder Stuart Sprawson, before Delvin, 23, of Wesleigh Road, Strelley, was sentenced. Delvin headed towards Gregory Boulevard at speeds in excess of 55 mph in an area heavy with traffic.

The bike mounted the pavement in Gregory Boulvard, narrowly missing people, before rejoining the highway. He went through red traffic lights, overtook a vehicle in the face of oncoming traffic, leaving members of the public to take evasive action.

By the time he reached Prospect Street, Radford, Delvin put out his arm to show he was beginning to slow down and police detained him.

"Officers viewed this as extremely dangerous and it could have caused members of the public serious injury," added Miss Pritchard of the driving. Delvin went on to plead guilty to failing to stop the bike when required, no insurance or licence and dangerous driving.

Recorder Sprawson imposed a six-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, and up to 20 rehabilitation activity days, a driving ban for 18 months.. His licence will be endorsed and he is required to take an extended retest as well as pay £250 towards court costs.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/dirt-bike-rider-drove-pavement-8696779

Re: Bike rider drove on pavement and jumped red light during police chase

<kkm6c6Fro5hU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32401&group=uk.rec.cycling#32401

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Bike rider drove on pavement and jumped red light during
police chase
Date: 23 Aug 2023 10:46:30 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 10:46 UTC

Presumably this ‘biker’ was using the same tactics that he’d learned from
other bicyclists when he himself was a bicycle rider, a state to which he
will doubtless revert in the interim period before retaking his driving
test.

--
Spike

Re: Bike rider drove on pavement and jumped red light during police chase

<68a38cee-bc22-4f31-86a4-1604be907611n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32403&group=uk.rec.cycling#32403

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 05:24:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 12:24 UTC

QUOTE: Police followed off-road biker Anthony Delvin when he rode with no licence plate and refused to stop. ENDS

Was this one of Mr Arsehole's new fangled bikes?

I thought he wanted the reg nr on clothing?