From: nicholas@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Kipp er ring
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 19:26:59 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 18:26 UTC

I received an SMS message yesterday

[Quote]
*********
A charge of 236.67 was made to 'TYLER ADAMS' if
this was NOT you Reply N
[End Quote]

where ********* is the name of a financial organisation with which I
have a relationship.

I replied N

I waited a while, expecting more, having had simla messages from my card
company, but they are never just one message.

Then I noticed that that it came from a mobile number rather than
********* which what should appear at the top of SMS messages from
*********.

Found the correct number for ********* from the last statement and
phoned them. There is no record for TYLER ADAMS on my account or entry
for 236.67.

I suspect that if I had phoned the mobile number I would have at the
very least matched a name to my telephone number, given them my card
number, confirming that I had an account with *********.

it would have been so easy to have fallen in.

--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"