From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: ‘Tyre Extinguishers’ knows
what’s good for you
Date: 1 Sep 2023 17:42:02 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 17:42 UTC

Tyre Extinguishers…is calling for “bans on SUVs in urban areas, pollution
levies to tax SUVs out of existence, and massive investment in free,
comprehensive public transport. But until politicians make this a reality,
Tyre Extinguishers’ action will continue,” they add.

[No disguising Tyre Extinguishers’ Marxist-Leninist agenda, is there!]

A spokesperson for Tyre Extinguishers said: “We are facing the greatest
challenge humanity has ever faced. The climate crisis is an existential
emergency.

“To safeguard a habitable world, we need to move off of fossil fuels as
fast as possible. As the Just Stop Oil campaign has exposed, the first step
is to stop all new fossil fuel licenses. This is a basic, common sense
policy for meaningful climate action.”

[Currently the climate is about 2degC colder than the peak reached at the
start of this interglacial, when there were extremely few humans, no SUVs,
and no industry! And no ‘Tyre Extinguishers’ or Just Stop Everything!]

https://road.cc/content/news/tyre-extinguishers-strike-again-targeting-suvs-london-292175

Well, well…🙄

--
Spike