From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: The Solomon curve: speed *differentials* kill
Date: 5 Sep 2023 12:03:47 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:03 UTC

<https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_curve#/media/File%3ASolomon_Curve.png>

Perhaps this was one reason why Devon and Cornwall Road Policing unit was
so concerned at a group of cyclists pedalling downhill on a rural road,
approaching a junction and zebra crossing, at a speed well above that
allowed for motor vehicles.

When in traffic, drive (and presumably cycle) at the same speed as other
vehicles, as advised by a number of safety organisations.

The Solomon curve has been supported by theoretical analysis.

The moral is: Go with the data. Differential speed kills.

--
Spike