Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 08:21:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Prestatyn naked cyclist arrested then released says it was for charity
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 15:21 UTC

A MAN seen cycling naked in Prestatyn and Rhyl who claims he was arrested for "indecent exposure" was later released without charge.

Stuart Gilmour, from Middleton, Manchester, who has been a naturist for more than 10 years, was cycling through North Wales for charity on Sunday, September 3.

For every £1 he receives in aid of mental health charity Mind, Mr Gilmour has vowed to cycle a mile naked.

Mr Gilmour said he was arrested in Colwyn Bay, but that after police checked CCTV, and looked at his social media accounts (he has more than 8,000 X followers), he was released without charge.

He said: "I was actually attending a naturist beach day in Prestatyn. I thought I’d put some miles on the bike, then I could relax on the beach for the rest of the day.

“Unfortunately, that wasn’t to be, but I did manage a few hours in the sun at the end of the day.

“I am a naturist because I’m comfortable in my own skin; I love to promote body positivity, I love being out in nature when the weather allows; that is cycling, walking or swimming.

“It’s boosted my confidence by accepting the skin I’m in and what I was born with. Other naturists are some of the nicest, none-judgemental (SIC) people you could meet.

“It’s also proven to help with your mental health, which I do find is very true.”

Mr Gilmour's JustGiving fundraiser page can be found at: www.justgiving.com/page/stuart-gilmour-naked-cyclist.

A North Wales Police spokesperson said: “On Sunday, September 3, we received several reports concerning a man being seen riding a bike whilst naked between Prestatyn and Colwyn Bay.

“Officers located and spoke to the man, who was arrested and then later released with no further action taken.”

https://www.rhyljournal.co.uk/news/23769434.prestatyn-naked-cyclist-arrested-released-says-charity/