From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Hymering
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:10:25 +0100
 by: Hymermut - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:10 UTC

Update.

Trip from York to Stoke-on-Trent and back completed. Tow bar fitted by
company that make the kit. Nobody in Yorkshire wanted to fit it.
Probaburbly because they don't stand under 13 pin electrics.

Feel much more confident about my 'truck' driving ability at 82 years
young than before.

Very pleased by the way Hymer 2 copes with motorway traffic. 2.8 diesel
at 3.5 tonnes, overtaking trucks on the uphill bits of the M62 was a
pleasure. Worked out total length of Hymer plus the scooter trailer
articulated will be about 42ft.

Given that I used to drive about 62ft articulated high, heavy and wide,
this shouldn't be a problem but promises to be a lot of fun!

However the only legal restriction seems to be on GVW, and I'm well
below that. (It does surprise me that trailers up to 3.5 tonne with
over-ride brakes are not subject to any kind of MOT check.)

Have now opted for 'SENIOR MOMENTS' on't front and

'Old truckers never die
Like brakes they fade away
to that great lay-by in the sky
where tea is served all day'

on't back.

Images to follow soonish.

Was very pleased to find that most modern truckers still acknowledge the
lorry drivers' code when overtaking or being overtooken.

I joined in and was accepted as an old trucker, probably because most
car drivers haven't a clue what it is all about.

Mainly I know they are limited to c58mph. If I am doing 57.5mph and one
pulls out behind me, I drop to 56mph and let him pass.

Why not?

I'm in no hurry and s/he's probably going a lot further than me on a
schedule.

I'm just on ye shedd dual.

Tone

Re: Hymering

<64142j5uhlane0ehvcu5ftmk9hm5o3p0dj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32700&group=uk.rec.sheds#32700

From: prufer.public@mnet-online.de.invalid (Thomas Prufer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Hymering
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:48:57 +0200
 by: Thomas Prufer - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 05:48 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:10:25 +0100, Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:

>Mainly I know they are limited to c58mph. If I am doing 57.5mph and one
>pulls out behind me, I drop to 56mph and let him pass.
>
>Why not?
>
>I'm in no hurry and s/he's probably going a lot further than me on a
>schedule.
>
>I'm just on ye shedd dual.

Ah. I thought Standard Operating Procedure is to notice a truck pulling up and
(trying to) pass, then looking up from the Very Important Things on the phone,
speed up to 58.4 mph, resume reading, decelerate to 57.5, etc. But that's just
from observation of (some) drivers, and in Treznal, and driving rhs of the road.
Wouldn't happen elsewhere, I'm sure.

Good on you, have fun, and I like the text on the back.

Thomas Prufer

Re: Hymering

<XnsB1596776BD3D6Factura3476@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32701&group=uk.rec.sheds#32701

From: myshed@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:10:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:10 UTC

Thomas Prufer <prufer.public@mnet-online.de.invalid> wrote in

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:10:25 +0100, Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:
>
>>Mainly I know they are limited to c58mph. If I am doing 57.5mph and
>>one pulls out behind me, I drop to 56mph and let him pass.
>>
>>Why not?
>>
>>I'm in no hurry and s/he's probably going a lot further than me on a
>>schedule.
>>

> Good on you, have fun, and I like the text on the back.
>

> Thomas Prufer
Wot 'e said.

--
Peter
-----

Re: Hymering

<OizUN.261$zOef.172@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32705&group=uk.rec.sheds#32705

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:08:29 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 19:08 UTC

On 18-Apr-24 23:10, Hymermut wrote:
> Update.
>
> Trip from York to Stoke-on-Trent and back completed. Tow bar fitted by
> company that make the kit. Nobody in Yorkshire wanted to fit it.
> Probaburbly because they don't stand under 13 pin electrics.
>
> Feel much more confident about my 'truck' driving ability at 82 years
> young than before.
>
> Very pleased by the way Hymer 2 copes with motorway traffic. 2.8 diesel
> at 3.5 tonnes, overtaking trucks on the uphill bits of the M62 was a
> pleasure. Worked out total length of Hymer plus the scooter trailer
> articulated will be about 42ft.
>
> Given that I used to drive about 62ft  articulated high, heavy and wide,
> this shouldn't be a problem but promises to be a lot of fun!
>
> However the only legal restriction seems to be on GVW, and I'm well
> below that. (It does surprise me that trailers up to 3.5 tonne with
> over-ride brakes are not subject to any kind of MOT check.)
>
> Have now opted for 'SENIOR MOMENTS' on't front and
>
> 'Old truckers never die
> Like brakes they fade away
> to that great lay-by in the sky
> where tea is served all day'
>
> on't back.
>
> Images to follow soonish.
>
> Was very pleased to find that most modern truckers still acknowledge the
> lorry drivers' code when overtaking or being overtooken.
>
> I joined in and was accepted as an old trucker, probably because most
> car drivers haven't a clue what it is all about.
>
> Mainly I know they are limited to c58mph. If I am doing 57.5mph and one
> pulls out behind me, I drop to 56mph and let him pass.
>
> Why not?
>
> I'm in no hurry and s/he's probably going a lot further than me on a
> schedule.
>
> I'm just on ye shedd dual.

Shedd dual???

You are Arthur Two-Sheds Jackson and I claim my...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLjS3gzHetA

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Hymering

<uvv7ug$3e28r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32706&group=uk.rec.sheds#32706

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 03:06:08 +0100
 by: Hymermut - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 02:06 UTC

On 19/04/2024 20:08, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 18-Apr-24 23:10, Hymermut wrote:
>> Update.
>>
>> Trip from York to Stoke-on-Trent and back completed. Tow bar fitted by
>> company that make the kit. Nobody in Yorkshire wanted to fit it.
>> Probaburbly because they don't stand under 13 pin electrics.
>>
>> Feel much more confident about my 'truck' driving ability at 82 years
>> young than before.
>>
>> Very pleased by the way Hymer 2 copes with motorway traffic. 2.8
>> diesel at 3.5 tonnes, overtaking trucks on the uphill bits of the M62
>> was a pleasure. Worked out total length of Hymer plus the scooter
>> trailer articulated will be about 42ft.
>>
>> Given that I used to drive about 62ft  articulated high, heavy and
>> wide, this shouldn't be a problem but promises to be a lot of fun!
>>
>> However the only legal restriction seems to be on GVW, and I'm well
>> below that. (It does surprise me that trailers up to 3.5 tonne with
>> over-ride brakes are not subject to any kind of MOT check.)
>>
>> Have now opted for 'SENIOR MOMENTS' on't front and
>>
>> 'Old truckers never die
>> Like brakes they fade away
>> to that great lay-by in the sky
>> where tea is served all day'
>>
>> on't back.
>>
>> Images to follow soonish.
>>
>> Was very pleased to find that most modern truckers still acknowledge
>> the lorry drivers' code when overtaking or being overtooken.
>>
>> I joined in and was accepted as an old trucker, probably because most
>> car drivers haven't a clue what it is all about.
>>
>> Mainly I know they are limited to c58mph. If I am doing 57.5mph and
>> one pulls out behind me, I drop to 56mph and let him pass.
>>
>> Why not?
>>
>> I'm in no hurry and s/he's probably going a lot further than me on a
>> schedule.
>>
>> I'm just on ye shedd dual.
>
> Shedd dual???
>
> You are Arthur Two-Sheds Jackson and I claim my...
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLjS3gzHetA

Re: Hymering

<uvv864$3e28r$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32707&group=uk.rec.sheds#32707

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 03:10:11 +0100
 by: Hymermut - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 02:10 UTC

On 19/04/2024 20:08, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>> I'm just on ye shedd dual.
>
> Shedd dual???
>
> You are Arthur Two-Sheds Jackson and I claim my...
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLjS3gzHetA
>
> --
> Sam Plusnet

Nay nay, unless you count a Hymer as a shedd-on-wheels in which case,
yes, At present (briefly) I have two Hymers.

But the older one is oft to Matthewsons Bangers and Cash auction in
June, hopefully.

Tone

Re: Hymering

<v015iq$3r297$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32716&group=uk.rec.sheds#32716

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 19:38:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:hl5KxOz8+iIikN+A8aL+lsTO4Ec=
 by: Brian - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 19:38 UTC

Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:
> Update.
>
> Trip from York to Stoke-on-Trent and back completed. Tow bar fitted by
> company that make the kit. Nobody in Yorkshire wanted to fit it.
> Probaburbly because they don't stand under 13 pin electrics.

These days, they fit a common box which interfaces to the vehicle lights,
battery etc, and has an output connector which you simply use 7 or 13 (
including spare) outputs.

Depending on the box, it may ‘mute’ the fog light on the main vehicle, and
do a few other things.