Some changes are so slow, you don't notice them. Others are so fast, they don't notice you.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

SubjectAuthor
* Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworthswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in BedworthSpike
+* Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworthswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in BedworthSpike
|`* Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworthswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in BedworthSpike
| +* Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworthswldx...@gmail.com
| |`- Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in BedworthSpike
| `* Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworthswldx...@gmail.com
|  +- Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in BedworthSpike
|  `- Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworthswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in BedworthJNugent

1
Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<cda1d475-5de4-4e9f-84d6-8204bd59c613n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32883&group=uk.rec.cycling#32883

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 03:39:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 10:39 UTC

On 6 September around 2pm, an incident was reported involving multiple males on motorbikes chasing people in the area around Exhall and Bedworth, while also allegedly carrying machetes.

The males were described as being in black balaclavas, and riding a number of motorbikes and a quadbike through Bedworth, New Arley, and Nuneaton.

A helicopter was mobilised to track the suspects, but they managed to escape the area before they could be stopped or arrested.

There have been several recent incidents reported involving balaclava-clad males on motorbikes committing thefts and robberies around Bedworth.

These incidents have been on the rise across the region, with the offenders believed to be crossing over county borders.

The Nuneaton and Bedworth Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) are taking the issue very seriously and are putting into place a plan of action to find, identify, and put a stop to the thieves.

Inspector Kris Shore said “We are working proactively with our operational policing units, road policing, and our other colleagues and partners to combat this spate of criminality.

“Be assured that we are devoting resources to this issue and are taking serious co-ordinated action against these bike thieves.

“A balaclava is not enough to keep you hidden from us.”

If you have any information that could assist us in locating these individuals, you can contact us on:

https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/news/warwickshire/news/2023/september/tough-actions-planned-against-balaclava-bike-robbers-in-bedworth/

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<km5mjfFk6reU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32887&group=uk.rec.cycling#32887

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 10 Sep 2023 11:11:43 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 11:11 UTC

This article is about motorcycle crime; you’re posting in the wrong group.

--
Spike

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<efde0878-c3db-4bc3-8813-26df77db65c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32894&group=uk.rec.cycling#32894

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 05:08:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 12:08 UTC

QUOTE: “A balaclava is not enough to keep you hidden from us. ENDS

Don't drivers insist that such garments render cyclists "invisible"?

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<km62tuFm4bsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32901&group=uk.rec.cycling#32901

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 10 Sep 2023 14:42:06 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 14:42 UTC

> QUOTE: “A balaclava is not enough to keep you hidden from us. ENDS
>
> Don't drivers insist that such garments render cyclists "invisible"?

No.

--
Spike

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<fa67bd89-0688-45ee-802d-deda3af8a4acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32905&group=uk.rec.cycling#32905

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 08:20:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 15:20 UTC

QUOTE/: “A balaclava is not enough to keep you hidden from us/. ENDS

Amazing - so Mr Arsehole's cyclist reg number idea is redundant then?
The cops can identify a person without any?

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<km66cdFml6iU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32909&group=uk.rec.cycling#32909

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 10 Sep 2023 15:41:01 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 15:41 UTC

> QUOTE/: “A balaclava is not enough to keep you hidden from us/. ENDS
>
> Amazing - so Mr Arsehole's cyclist reg number idea is redundant then?
> The cops can identify a person without any?

It worked in the case of yesterday’s towpath cyclist.

--
Spike

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<dba04c1d-66df-41d3-adb1-c13c669627c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32913&group=uk.rec.cycling#32913

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 09:01:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 16:01 UTC

On Sunday, September 10, 2023 at 4:20:40 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE/: “A balaclava is not enough to keep you hidden from us/. ENDS
>
> Amazing - so Mr Arsehole's cyclist reg number idea is redundant then?
> The cops can identify a person without any?

Mr Arsehole is still smarting from the pasting he got from Baroness Vere over his various anti-cycling hare-brained ideas.

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<km6qqsFppmhU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32933&group=uk.rec.cycling#32933

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 10 Sep 2023 21:30:04 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 21:30 UTC

> On Sunday, September 10, 2023 at 4:20:40 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE/: “A balaclava is not enough to keep you hidden from us/. ENDS
>>
>> Amazing - so Mr Arsehole's cyclist reg number idea is redundant then?
>> The cops can identify a person without any?
>
> Mr Arsehole is still smarting from the pasting he got from Baroness Vere
> over his various anti-cycling hare-brained ideas.

Ah, isn’t this the lady peer that you think is a Labour Party politician?

--
Spike

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<km74mcFr7imU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32940&group=uk.rec.cycling#32940

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 01:18:20 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 00:18 UTC

On 10/09/2023 11:39 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 6 September around 2pm, an incident was reported involving multiple males on motorbikes chasing people in the area around Exhall and Bedworth, while also allegedly carrying machetes.
>
> The males were described as being in black balaclavas, and riding a number of motorbikes and a quadbike through Bedworth, New Arley, and Nuneaton.
>
> A helicopter was mobilised to track the suspects, but they managed to escape the area before they could be stopped or arrested.
>
> There have been several recent incidents reported involving balaclava-clad males on motorbikes committing thefts and robberies around Bedworth.
>
> These incidents have been on the rise across the region, with the offenders believed to be crossing over county borders.
>
> The Nuneaton and Bedworth Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) are taking the issue very seriously and are putting into place a plan of action to find, identify, and put a stop to the thieves.
>
> Inspector Kris Shore said “We are working proactively with our operational policing units, road policing, and our other colleagues and partners to combat this spate of criminality.
>
> “Be assured that we are devoting resources to this issue and are taking serious co-ordinated action against these bike thieves.
>
> “A balaclava is not enough to keep you hidden from us.”
>
> If you have any information that could assist us in locating these individuals, you can contact us on:
>
> https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/news/warwickshire/news/2023/september/tough-actions-planned-against-balaclava-bike-robbers-in-bedworth/

Follow the money.

Stolen chav-bikes and stolen chav-bike components can only be sold to
other chavs with bikes who are prepared to buy, no questions, asked,
narmean, Gavnor?

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<3dbe5dc8-94c5-4622-8f9a-6bee0e90132an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32945&group=uk.rec.cycling#32945

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 23:46:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 06:46 UTC

On Sunday, September 10, 2023 at 4:20:40 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE//: “A balaclava is not enough to keep you hidden from us//. ENDS

SO WHO WAS THE ATTACKER THEN?

A cyclist suffered "serious facial injuries" after he was hit by a weapon-wielding man in a balaclava. Police say the victim was in an alleyway on Horton Hill in Epsom at around 2am on Sunday, April 16.

He was then approached by a man, who reportedly struck the victim was an unknown weapon. The man was taken to hospital and remains in a stable condition.

Police now want to speak to anyone who could have seen the assault, or may have dashcam or doorbell footage. They are particularly interested in speaking to two men on bikes who may have seen the victim moments earlier.

Detective Sergeant Lee Marks from Surrey Police, said: “We are keen to speak to anyone who may have been in the area at the time and have any information that could help our investigation. We would particularly like to speak to two men on bikes, who may have seen the victim shortly before the assault.”

Borough Commander for Epsom and Ewell, Inspector Jon Vale added: “We would like to reassure the local community that our officers will be continuing to patrol the area while the investigation into this serious assault takes place. If you have any concerns, or information that may help, please speak to them.”

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<km80anFt4fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32947&group=uk.rec.cycling#32947

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Sep 2023 08:09:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 08:09 UTC

> A cyclist suffered "serious facial injuries" after he was hit by a
> weapon-wielding man in a balaclava. Police say the victim was in an
> alleyway on Horton Hill in Epsom at around 2am on Sunday, April 16.

> He was then approached by a man, who reportedly struck the victim was
> [SIC] an unknown weapon. The man was taken to hospital and remains in a stable condition.

2am? Alleyway? Anyone like to bet there’s a bit more to this story?

Any developments after five months?

--
Spike

Re: Tough actions planned against balaclava bike robbers in Bedworth

<d3ee9490-848c-4c7a-ae1f-520c19df40a6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32954&group=uk.rec.cycling#32954

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 03:17:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 10:17 UTC

A balaclava wearing e-biker fled the scene of a collision on the back of his pal's bike after what appeared to be a heated confrontation with paramedics.

Emergency services were called to Lothian Road, Edinburgh, shortly after 7pm on Friday, September 1 to reports of a disturbance and a crash.

Shortly before officers arrived, two men wearing balaclavas were seen fleeing the scene of the crash - with one believed to be injured.

Motorists stuck in traffic due to the incident filmed a confrontation in the middle of the road, Edinburgh Live reports. In the footage, several people and paramedics can be seen gathered in the road and arguing. Two people, both wearing masks, are spotted in dark clothing.

A mangled E-bike can be seen lying on the road with a bent wheel, next to a white van. It is understood one of the bikers collided with the van before fleeing the scene.

The short clip also shows eyewitnesses attempting to diffuse the situation as paramedics try to speak to other members of the group.

Another youth can then be seen riding their bike to the edge of the road and stopping in front of shocked motorists. Traffic was reportedly at a standstill before police arrived at the scene.

A police spokesperson confirmed enquiries into the incident remain ongoing.

They said: “Around 7.10pm on Friday, 1 September, 2023, police received a report of a disturbance on Lothian Road, Edinburgh, following a collision involving a van and an e-bike.

"The riders of the e-bike left the scene before police arrivals and enquiries remain ongoing.”