If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes. -- Kirk, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by police

SubjectAuthor
* Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by policeswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by policeBrian
+* Re: Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by policeswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by policeSpike
`- Re: Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by policeswldx...@gmail.com

1
Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by police

<42961dc4-822c-45ab-ac85-7d959e1587e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33043&group=uk.rec.cycling#33043

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 09:22:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by police
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 16:22 UTC

A MAN was swiftly arrested by police after a bike in Colchester city centre was left vandalised in the early hours of the morning.

Officers were on patrol on Colchester High Street at around 3am this morning, September 13, when they were alerted to a bike being vandalised.

Within two minutes, a 26-year-old man from Colchester was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.

He has since been released on bail whilst enquiries continue.

Officers are now asking for the public’s help to identify the owner of this bike as part of their enquiries following the incident.

A spokesman said: “If the bike belongs to you, or you have any further information which could assist with this investigation, please get in contact.

“If you have any information, CCTV, dash cam or other footage in relation to this incident, then please get in contact with us.”

Reports can be submitted using the Essex Police live chat service or by calling 101.

The spokesman added: “Please quote incident 127 of September 13 when providing any information to make sure it gets to the right person as quickly as possible.”

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/23787819.colchester-bike-vandalised-man-arrested-police/

Re: Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by police

<ue0qdc$33sti$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33098&group=uk.rec.cycling#33098

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 05:34:36 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:VtCznNB1e+OY4+mLyRLK4utdeL8=
 by: Brian - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 05:34 UTC

> A MAN was swiftly arrested by police after a bike in Colchester city
> centre was left vandalised in the early hours of the morning.
>
> Officers were on patrol on Colchester High Street at around 3am this
> morning, September 13, when they were alerted to a bike being vandalised.
>
> Within two minutes, a 26-year-old man from Colchester was arrested on
> suspicion of criminal damage.
>
> He has since been released on bail whilst enquiries continue.
>
> Officers are now asking for the public’s help to identify the owner of
> this bike as part of their enquiries following the incident.
>
> A spokesman said: “If the bike belongs to you, or you have any further
> information which could assist with this investigation, please get in contact.
>
> “If you have any information, CCTV, dash cam or other footage in relation
> to this incident, then please get in contact with us.”
>
> Reports can be submitted using the Essex Police live chat service or by calling 101.
>
> The spokesman added: “Please quote incident 127 of September 13 when
> providing any information to make sure it gets to the right person as
> quickly as possible.”
>
> https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/23787819.colchester-bike-vandalised-man-arrested-police/

There is video of a cyclist vandalising a van - placed on the internet by
the vandal.

Can we expect the police to arrest him?

Re: Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by police

<0d8dc190-6835-45f3-92fe-3dcb50c4817dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33104&group=uk.rec.cycling#33104

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 23:53:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 06:53 UTC

On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 5:22:25 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A MAN was swiftly arrested by police after a bike in Colchester city centre was left vandalised in the early hours of the morning.
>
> Officers were on patrol on Colchester High Street at around 3am this morning, September 13, when they were alerted to a bike being vandalised.
>
> Within two minutes, a 26-year-old man from Colchester was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.

"Two minutes" Bloody good going, I'd say!

Re: Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by police

<kmiiifFmsqvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33109&group=uk.rec.cycling#33109

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Sep 2023 08:22:39 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 08:22 UTC

> On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 5:22:25 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> A MAN was swiftly arrested by police after a bike in Colchester city
>> centre was left vandalised in the early hours of the morning.
>>
>> Officers were on patrol on Colchester High Street at around 3am this
>> morning, September 13, when they were alerted to a bike being vandalised.
>>
>> Within two minutes, a 26-year-old man from Colchester was arrested on
>> suspicion of criminal damage.
>
> "Two minutes" Bloody good going, I'd say!

I can recall someone on this group supporting the idea of vandalising
vehicles that don’t obey the rules that exist only in the vandal’s head. A
two-minute arrest for conspiracy might be worth applauding as well.

--
Spike

Re: Colchester bike vandalised as man arrested by police

<a69e1c30-94f0-4ce3-a613-4451c72d9f8cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33115&group=uk.rec.cycling#33115

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 02:08:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 09:08 UTC

QUOTE: Officers are now asking for the public’s help to identify the owner of this bike as part of their enquiries following the incident. ENDS

I thought they were all stamped with frame numbers - mine are.