Q: How much does it cost to ride the Unibus? A: 2 bits.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim cyclist killed

SubjectAuthor
* Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim cyclist killedswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that sawSpike
+* Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victimswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that sawSpike
`* Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victimswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that sawSpike
 `- Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victimswldx...@gmail.com

1
Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim cyclist killed

<153dc6ca-dd1f-4c2a-8b56-06c9a5dd6cd7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33162&group=uk.rec.cycling#33162

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 02:43:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim cyclist killed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 09:43 UTC

A man has been convicted of assisting an offender after an incident in Slough that saw a male cyclist hit by a car and then "fatally attacked" last year (October 2, 2022). Ahmad Hassan, aged 24, of Blackwell Court, Slough, was found guilty at Reading Crown Court on Friday (September 15) of one count of assisting an offender by unanimous verdict, and was found not guilty of two further counts of assisting an offender.

Set to be sentenced on October 27, Hassan was found guilty of assiting an offender in the incident, which happened around 8.50pm on October 2, 2022. The incident saw 21-year-old Kyron Lee hit by a car when on his bicycle in Earls Lane.

The cyclist then was chased into Waterman Court by multiple men who were in the car. Here he was fatally attacked and pronounced dead shortly after 9.45pm.

The offenders left the scene by car. As well as Hassan, three other men were arrested, charged and have appeared in court in connection to the offence..

Fuad Nur, aged 27, of Graylands Close, Slough was found guilty of one count of failing to provide his mobile phone PIN when required to do so by unanimous verdict, and not guilty to one count of assisting an offender. Ismail Mussa, aged 24, of Daylesford Grove, Slough was found not guilty of one count of assisting an offender.

Mohamed Abdulle, aged 21, of Kenbury Drive, Slough previously pleaded guilty to conspiracy to causing grievous bodily harm with intent. Hassan and Nur will be sentenced on 27 October and Abdulle at a later date.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/man-guilty-part-fatal-slough-27726711

Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim cyclist killed

<kmlmk8F7lj8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33163&group=uk.rec.cycling#33163

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw
victim cyclist killed
Date: 16 Sep 2023 12:50:16 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 12:50 UTC

> https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/man-guilty-part-fatal-slough-27726711

In the four fresh initial posts you have made containing the victim’s name,
none have mentioned why he was murdered, although vivid descriptions of the
actions that day have been reported.

Had he been murdered for being a cyclist, it is clear that this would have
been trumpeted all over the doom-and-gloom cycling media; but nothing
concerning the reasons for the murder seem to have been advanced. It is
reasonably clear, nonetheless, that he was not murdered because he was a
cyclist.

--
Spike

Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim cyclist killed

<a1719d3e-94eb-4205-ad2f-cc1384ae7046n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33164&group=uk.rec.cycling#33164

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 06:37:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim
cyclist killed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 13:37 UTC

QUOTE: Fuad Nur, aged 27, of Graylands Close, Slough was found guilty of one count of failing to provide his mobile phone PIN when required to do so. ENDS

New one on me - surely that counts as obstructing the police?

Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim cyclist killed

<kmlqajF87n6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33167&group=uk.rec.cycling#33167

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
victim cyclist killed
Date: 16 Sep 2023 13:53:23 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 13:53 UTC

> QUOTE: Fuad Nur, aged 27, of Graylands Close, Slough was found guilty of
> one count of failing to provide his mobile phone PIN when required to do so. ENDS
>
> New one on me - surely that counts as obstructing the police?

Blair’s governments introduced 3500 new laws.

How many can you name?

--
Spike

Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim cyclist killed

<7daf047a-786a-4abd-a6ab-0e0392e6b469n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33169&group=uk.rec.cycling#33169

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 08:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
cyclist killed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 15:40 UTC

QUOTE: Nur (Khalid) then travels to Gatwick Airport with the intention to catch the £289 flight alongside Mohamed Abduelle (who has already pleaded guilty to conspiracy to cause grevious bodily harm).

He texts his brother (Fuad) saying he is about to board the plane. However, he failed to board the flight.

A self-destruct timer was set on messages sent between the brothers.

About nine hours later, about six-hours before Nur's intended return flight to the UK, there is further messaging and calls with his younger brother.

Again, the messages cannot be recovered by the authorities.

A booking was then made for Nur (Khalid) for a one-way plane ticket to Marrakesh where Nur (Fuad) was at the time.
ENDS

Good job he never went - it was trashed by an earthquake!

Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim cyclist killed

<kmm3vsF9n51U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33172&group=uk.rec.cycling#33172

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
victim cyclist killed
Date: 16 Sep 2023 16:38:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 16:38 UTC

> QUOTE: Nur (Khalid) then travels to Gatwick Airport with the intention
> to catch the £289 flight alongside Mohamed Abduelle (who has already
> pleaded guilty to conspiracy to cause grevious bodily harm).

Is this the same Mohamed Abdulle, aged 21, of Kenbury Drive, Slough, who
appeared in the original post?

> A booking was then made for Nur (Khalid) for a one-way plane ticket to
> Marrakesh where Nur (Fuad) was at the time.
> ENDS
>
> Good job he never went - it was trashed by an earthquake!

An excellent way of disappearing without trace…

--
Spike

Re: Man guilty for part in fatal Slough incident that saw victim cyclist killed

<13a1f889-2a7c-4e15-ab4d-7d9a51353dbfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33174&group=uk.rec.cycling#33174

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 10:19:43 -0700 (PDT)
cyclist killed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 17:19 UTC

QUOTE: He said: "What is an issue is the prosecution say Mr Tarafi knew or believed that Mr Elgamri and Mr Seedahmed had been involved in that stabbing but if you look at the indictement - knowing or believing, you may want to highlight those words - the prosection say that he knew, the defence say he didn't."

He also pointed out the words 'with intent to impede the apprehension' meaning to prevent the arrest of his co-defendants.

Mr Page said: "That's an issue. The prosecution say that by taking Mr Seedahmed and Mr Elgamri back to their homes, he was trying to impede their apprehension and again...that's an issue." ENDS

You're damn right it is! They should have handed themselves in.