Time sure flies when you don't know what you're doing.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

SubjectAuthor
* Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car toSpike
+* Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car toSpike
||`* Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car toBrian
|| `- Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car toSpike
|+* Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car toSpike
|+* Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com
||`* Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com
|| +- Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car toSpike
|| +- Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com
|| `- Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car toSpike
| `* Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com
|  `- Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car toSpike
`- Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront himswldx...@gmail.com

1
Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<c13b0f5e-4f7c-4f0c-bf19-3300449631c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33016&group=uk.rec.cycling#33016

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 03:46:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 10:46 UTC

A cyclist in London has raised concerns about the way footage of incidents on the road can be reported, using his own case as an example of how reports can fall through the cracks as police forces "follow procedure" and are "drowning under cases".

The cyclist behind the Dylillama Twitter account originally shared footage of an incident in Bromley, south east London, on social media last month — and later reported it to the police — after an objection to a close pass led to a motorist driving alongside him for an uncomfortable length of time before accelerating ahead to get out of his vehicle further up the road to wait for the rider.

The whole incident is seen in the footage below, the driver objecting to his "too close, mate" call as they overtook, prompting him to brake and exchange words with the cyclist. "Stay away from me, piss off, move on," the rider can be heard saying, repeatedly asking the driver to continue on their way.

When the driver eventually does it is only to wait in a side road further along the route, getting out of his car and moving into the road as the cyclist approaches. While the rider tells him to "calm down", the man can be heard saying: "Come on, you prick".

When the rider came to report the footage, "the police online reporting tool instructions led me to report it as an assault when it would have been better to report as solely a traffic issue".

"That itself is insane — want to assault someone? Do it in a car," he said. "A victim of a crime shouldn't have to know the system."

The problem came as the roads policing team "stopped investigating while the police investigated the assault", meaning that while this happened "14 days went by, more actually".

"This meant the statutory deadline for the traffic offences expired," he continued. "The police concluded that the rest of the conduct did not warrant charging or prosecution. So the driver will get a talking to and remain 'on the system'."

When we contacted the Metropolitan Police about the story we were told: "Police were contacted on 26 August by a man reported an incident where a driver had verbally threatened him while he was cycling on Farnborough Hill, Bromley.

"Officers investigated the incident, including viewing footage provided by the cyclist, to establish if any offences in relation to the threatening behaviour aspect could be identified. They could not and the complainant was informed.

"While there will be no further action at this time, the registered owner of the car will be contacted by police and advised about his conduct."

The cyclist called it a "pretty poor outcome" but added he has "absolutely no issue" with the officers involved, saying "they did their best with what they had" and instead blamed the whole reporting process as "a bit of a farce".

He continued: "I don't blame any of the individual officers involved. The roads unit was following procedure. The police officer I spoke to was drowning under cases and got to mine as soon as he could. The charging decision has to consider both chance of conviction and the capacity of the courts system to deal with something like this, in and amongst thousands of other back-logged cases.

"I am okay. I can handle myself, de-escalate a situation and carry on my way. I love riding enough that this won't impact me. But I shouldn't be the standard — think about the precedent this sets for actually vulnerable riders and what it does for encouraging cycling.

"Budgets throughout the whole of the system are in crisis, from on the street policing, to back office consideration of offences, through to the ability to prosecute in court or provide restorative justice outside the courts. It's all broken.

"If you think this is about cyclists vs motorists it isn't. It's about the basic ability for laws and norms to be upheld. I hope the man in the video gets help. I am a normal person, a partner, a father, a friend, who happens to ride a bike. For that kind of rage to exist in someone for so little reason is beyond comprehension. I hope the the chat with the police gives him reflection and peace."

This tale is nothing new either. Through our Near Miss of the Day series, our campaign making a point about driving standards and the lack of consideration for vulnerable road users on UK roads, we have reported on numerous instances where footage has gone unpunished due to issues.

Last November, Thames Valley Police apologised to a road.cc reader for not requesting clearer footage sooner, meaning it was too late to prosecute a close pass driver.

"To pursue allegations of careless/inconsiderate driving, we are required by law to send a written Notice of Intended Prosecution (NoIP) to the registered keeper of the vehicle within 14 days of the incident," the force told us.

"In this case, we did not initially have sufficiently clear enough evidence to satisfy stage one. A request was made for clearer footage on 2 September and this was provided on the same day. However, as the time limit for prosecution had expired, we were unable to pursue a prosecution or request that the offending driver attend a driver education course on this occasion.

"Had the request for clearer footage been done sooner, there is a possibility we could have considered sending the driver on an educational course. For this, we apologise."

While back in June, a Staffordshire cyclist told us of a police email mix-up which allowed a driver to get away without punishment for squeezing him off the road on a country lane, again the 14-day window expiring by the time it was resolved.

https://road.cc/content/news/cyclist-bemoans-police-reporting-system-303831

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<kmdn95Ft25uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33018&group=uk.rec.cycling#33018

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to
confront him "gets a talking to"
Date: 13 Sep 2023 12:12:21 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:12 UTC

The unspoken outcome of this story is that vigilante cyclists coupled with
easy reporting has overwhelmed the resources police can spare to deal with
what in many cases is a non-event.

The only solution available is to deploy police from real crimes such as
shoplifting, burglary, sex-based crimes.

But ask yourself: what would the public think of that, especially when the
PCC for the area is up for re-election?

Cyclists, eh? One tin short of a six-pack.

> A cyclist in London has raised concerns about the way footage of
> incidents on the road can be reported, using his own case as an example
> of how reports can fall through the cracks as police forces "follow
> procedure" and are "drowning under cases".

The police aren’t allowed to make it up as they go along…

If the police are drowning with processing non-events, then the basis of
the non-event needs revisiting.

<rest of sob story snipped>

--
Spike

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<30b973c3-2fc9-43cb-bc7b-358bd2262de7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33021&group=uk.rec.cycling#33021

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 05:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:21 UTC

Bungle_52 | 685 posts | 22 min ago
1 like
From the article : "The police concluded that the rest of the conduct did not warrant charging or prosecution. So the driver will get a talking to and remain 'on the system'."

Unfortunately this is a good outcome. The fact that the driver is "on the system" should make it easier to deal effectively with them if they do it again which may at least have an effect on their future behaviour. The police could easily have blamed the cyclist for shouting at the driver as in NMOTD 806 (https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-806-driver-reverses-cyclist-and-runs-...) and done nothing. I am appalled to have to say that this is an improved outcome and a step in the right direction.

How on earth have we got to this state of affairs.

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<7bc2ff15-94f8-4ff9-998d-4a5d6832edf3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33023&group=uk.rec.cycling#33023

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 05:25:23 -0700 (PDT)
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:25 UTC

Fignon's ghost | 373 posts | 35 min ago
2 likes
IMO. There is currently a heightened state of disrespect by motorists where cyclists are concerned.
Politicians and police are muddying the waters. Making vulnerable road users appear to be troublemakers. Do they really believe cyclists are risking their lives, simply to piss off unhinged motorists?!?

Much more needs be done to protect vulnerable road users.

I've recently noticed a definite increase in close passing and unfounded gesticulation and bad language.

THIS IDIOT driver is in need of a SLAP. Fuck SNAP. Hopefully, he'll get his comeuppance soon. It's inevitable. What a terwat.

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<kmdr66Ftld9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33028&group=uk.rec.cycling#33028

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
confront him "gets a talking to"
Date: 13 Sep 2023 13:19:03 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 13:19 UTC

> Bungle_52 | 685 posts | 22 min ago
> 1 like

> From the article : "The police concluded that the rest of the conduct
> did not warrant charging or prosecution. So the driver will get a talking
> to and remain 'on the system'."
>
> Unfortunately this is a good outcome. The fact that the driver is "on the
> system" should make it easier to deal effectively with them if they do it
> again which may at least have an effect on their future behaviour. The
> police could easily have blamed the cyclist for shouting at the driver as
> in NMOTD 806 (https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-806-driver-reverses-cyclist-and-runs-...)
> and done nothing. I am appalled to have to say that this is an improved
> outcome and a step in the right direction.

> How on earth have we got to this state of affairs.

Self-appointed vigilantism?

--
Spike

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<638c0e41-a377-4bf9-a5bf-6ad078db725en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33033&group=uk.rec.cycling#33033

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 08:39:33 -0700 (PDT)
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:39 UTC

levestane | 136 posts | 2 hours ago
0 likes

.... do my moobs look big in this?

======================

Ooooo - that will cut the driver to the quick when he reads that. :-)

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<ue1k7v$38a7o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33126&group=uk.rec.cycling#33126

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
confront him "gets a talking to"
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 12:55:27 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:MC+NGARW/x3ZcujhmZEHOoTxbc0=
 by: Brian - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 12:55 UTC

Spike <aero.spike@btinternet.invalid> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bungle_52 | 685 posts | 22 min ago
>> 1 like
>
>> From the article : "The police concluded that the rest of the conduct
>> did not warrant charging or prosecution. So the driver will get a talking
>> to and remain 'on the system'."
>>
>> Unfortunately this is a good outcome. The fact that the driver is "on the
>> system" should make it easier to deal effectively with them if they do it
>> again which may at least have an effect on their future behaviour. The
>> police could easily have blamed the cyclist for shouting at the driver as
>> in NMOTD 806 (https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-806-driver-reverses-cyclist-and-runs-...)
>> and done nothing. I am appalled to have to say that this is an improved
>> outcome and a step in the right direction.
>
>> How on earth have we got to this state of affairs.
>
> Self-appointed vigilantism?

Vine-atism 😀

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<cd996603-4fd4-45a9-a102-ddc0d36c0384n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33128&group=uk.rec.cycling#33128

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 06:03:32 -0700 (PDT)
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 13:03 UTC

Gortoncycling | 1 post | 22 hours ago
1 like

Similar but different experience. I filmed a driver (or a new rangerover) using their phone. They took exception did a hasty U turn, drove through a red light, mounted the pavement got out approached me before throwing water at me and then the water bottle. Reported it both as a traffic offence and an assault. CPS discontinued the assault apparently as it wasn't clear from the footage that it was me being assaulted even though there was reflection in the car window, am I expected to turn the camera on myself?!

Ended up with a half arsed apology letter and honestly the hoop jumping to even get the footage to the police being asked to come into a station, then to email it, then I uploaded it to 3 different file sharing sites as well as attaching it to the email as apparently they couldn't download it.

A previous case I had a driver unbuckling their seatbelt asking to fight me after I witnessed him on their phone. The polices response was to tell me not to engage at all with drivers, which is hard to do when you're stopped next to them and they wind their window down and talk to you. It seems Assault although it can apply to verbal threats too, doesn't apply if you are in a motor vehicle, and deliberately swerving with 2t of steel at someone on 2 wheels is just standard driving and not attempted murder.

My experience is that the police (at least around me) largely only care about obvious mobile phone reports. Go through a red light; warning letter, Turn left through a green man pedestrian crossing where it is right turn only; nothing, Pull a U turn at a junction where it is ahead only; nothing, park on crossing zigzags, warning letter.

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<kmj3hrFpgkjU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33132&group=uk.rec.cycling#33132

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
confront him "gets a talking to"
Date: 15 Sep 2023 13:12:27 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 13:12 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> Spike <aero.spike@btinternet.invalid> wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Bungle_52 | 685 posts | 22 min ago
>>> 1 like
>>
>>> From the article : "The police concluded that the rest of the conduct
>>> did not warrant charging or prosecution. So the driver will get a talking
>>> to and remain 'on the system'."
>>>
>>> Unfortunately this is a good outcome. The fact that the driver is "on the
>>> system" should make it easier to deal effectively with them if they do it
>>> again which may at least have an effect on their future behaviour. The
>>> police could easily have blamed the cyclist for shouting at the driver as
>>> in NMOTD 806
>>> (https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-806-driver-reverses-cyclist-and-runs-...)
>>> and
>>> done nothing. I am appalled to have to say that this is an improved
>>> outcome and a step in the right direction.
>>
>>> How on earth have we got to this state of affairs.
>>
>> Self-appointed vigilantism?
>>

> Vine-atism 😀

I think you’ve got something there.

--
Spike

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<kmj3hsFpgkjU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33133&group=uk.rec.cycling#33133

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
confront him "gets a talking to"
Date: 15 Sep 2023 13:12:28 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 13:12 UTC

> Gortoncycling | 1 post | 22 hours ago
> 1 like
>

> Similar but different experience. I filmed a driver (or a new rangerover)
> using their phone. They took exception did a hasty U turn, drove through
> a red light, mounted the pavement got out approached me before throwing
> water at me and then the water bottle. Reported it both as a traffic
> offence and an assault. CPS discontinued the assault apparently as it
> wasn't clear from the footage that it was me being assaulted even though
> there was reflection in the car window, am I expected to turn the camera on myself?!
>
> Ended up with a half arsed apology letter and honestly the hoop jumping
> to even get the footage to the police being asked to come into a station,
> then to email it, then I uploaded it to 3 different file sharing sites as
> well as attaching it to the email as apparently they couldn't download it.
>
> A previous case I had a driver unbuckling their seatbelt asking to fight
> me after I witnessed him on their phone. The polices response was to tell
> me not to engage at all with drivers, which is hard to do when you're
> stopped next to them and they wind their window down and talk to you. It
> seems Assault although it can apply to verbal threats too, doesn't apply
> if you are in a motor vehicle, and deliberately swerving with 2t of steel
> at someone on 2 wheels is just standard driving and not attempted murder.
>
> My experience is that the police (at least around me) largely only care
> about obvious mobile phone reports. Go through a red light; warning
> letter, Turn left through a green man pedestrian crossing where it is
> right turn only; nothing, Pull a U turn at a junction where it is ahead
> only; nothing, park on crossing zigzags, warning letter.

For reasons best known to yourself you missed out “Cycling through a red
traffic light”. Care to explain?

--
Spike

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<1d138450-a780-4af0-995e-93c537959f58n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33134&group=uk.rec.cycling#33134

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 08:17:59 -0700 (PDT)
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 15:17 UTC

Hirsute replied to Johny | 8032 posts | 1 hour ago
3 likes

Oh another newbie with a stupid agenda.

1 look up what a vigilante is
2 why do police have portals to submit evidence
3 most submissions are by drivers, some are even from peds
4 if police gave proper feedback and were consistent then submitters would be selective. No one wants to waste their time with a submission below the requirement
5 what exactly are you trying to achieve, other than appear to be trolling

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<5b3ce32e-b7b3-4ca8-a7ac-93681509baf7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33135&group=uk.rec.cycling#33135

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 08:19:43 -0700 (PDT)
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 15:19 UTC

On Friday, September 15, 2023 at 4:18:00 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hirsute replied to Johny | 8032 posts | 1 hour ago
> 3 likes
>
> Oh another newbie with a stupid agenda.
>
> 1 look up what a vigilante is
perce replied to Johny | 476 posts | 1 hour ago
2 likes

No, I think vigilantism is encouraged by courts handing out lenient sentences time and time again.
SPOT ON.

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<kmm3vtF9n51U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33173&group=uk.rec.cycling#33173

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
confront him "gets a talking to"
Date: 16 Sep 2023 16:38:21 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 16:38 UTC

> On Friday, September 15, 2023 at 4:18:00 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hirsute replied to Johny | 8032 posts | 1 hour ago
>> 3 likes
>>
>> Oh another newbie with a stupid agenda.
>>
>> 1 look up what a vigilante is
>
> perce replied to Johny | 476 posts | 1 hour ago
> 2 likes
>
> No, I think vigilantism is encouraged by courts handing out lenient
> sentences time and time again.
> SPOT ON.

Or even more lenient was the handing-out of a ‘do not prosecute’
instruction (politely called ‘guidance’ for procedural reasons) in regard
to pavement cyclists.

--
Spike

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<5d35b3a3-9700-49fb-9735-9a379c6c36edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33175&group=uk.rec.cycling#33175

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 10:24:41 -0700 (PDT)
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 17:24 UTC

AlsoSomniloquism replied to Johny | 4326 posts | 1 day ago
3 likes

Nice to know when my wife was a vigilante when she reported seeing the people breaking of the laws of the land to the Police.

And look at this vigilante here filming and submitting to the Police. (link is external)
I mean it was only a close pass and no one got hit if you have decided that is the reason cyclist submissions are a waste of time.
This is the heart-stopping moment a dad tries to stop a motorist driving over a zebra crossing as four young children pass.

Furious Jason Payne stood in front of the Seat Leon to ensure their safety during the terrifying near-miss in Green Lane, Castle Bromwich.

The driver was said to have muttered something about being in a chase before he drove over the crossing before the family had crossed.

Police are investigating the scare, which happened as they took their daily exercise on Monday evening, May 4.

Mr Payne, 34, was with his partner, Elizabeth Mears, her five-year-old daughter, Grace, and three-year-old son Ollie, and his two sons, eight year old Preston and Mason, ten. Miss Mears said the adults, with the children on their scooters, started crossing when the Seat screeched to a halt behind the car in front.

Then it started to pull out, forcing Mr Payne to jump in front and bang on the bonnet asking: ‘What are you doing?’

The driver - who was wearing a mask - was said to have apologised and said something about being in a chase but then drove off. The children stopped and, sensing danger, quickly moved back on their scooters to the safety of the pavement.

Miss Mears, 26, said she was terrified and suffered a panic attack.

She said: "We came to the crossing and the car in front came to a stop.

"That car had screeched to a halt. We thought the driver involved had turned out a little to stop himself hitting the car in front.

"My partner said: ‘It’s OK, please keep walking across the road.’

"But the driver continued to speed out. My partner banged on the bonnet and said: 'What are you doing? There’s children here. "He still continued. Apparently he was saying he was sorry and he looked at the back of his car and said something about a chase. So the kids moved back to the pavement and he drove off."

"We were very shocked. I ended up having a panic attack."

A West Midlands Police spokesman said: "We received a report of a car driving erratically and nearly hitting a woman and two children on a crossing along Green Lane, Castle Bromwich, around 6.30pm yesterday, May 4.

"We’ve made an appointment to speak to the woman to obtain more details today, and anyone with information can contact us via Live Chat or by calling 101.

"Quote log number 3732 of 4/5/20.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-stunned-dad-forced-stand-18200838

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<dc6423ab-6233-44d2-85da-058dcf366169n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33176&group=uk.rec.cycling#33176

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 12:16:03 -0700 (PDT)
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 19:16 UTC

QUOTE: "But the driver continued to speed out. My partner banged on the bonnet and said: 'What are you doing? There’s children here. "He still continued. ENDS

He "banged on the bonnet ", eh? Don't the cry baby drivers consider that an "assault" upon their person, even though they have a steel cage around them? Poor lambs.

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<kmmmbqFch07U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33177&group=uk.rec.cycling#33177

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
confront him "gets a talking to"
Date: 16 Sep 2023 21:51:54 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 21:51 UTC

> This is the heart-stopping moment a dad tries to stop a motorist driving
> over a zebra crossing as four young children pass.

> https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-stunned-dad-forced-stand-18200838

Have there been any further developments in the four-and-a-half months
since this item was published?

--
Spike

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<a0325d9d-7505-48cc-903e-0a5bcd6a3ad8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33178&group=uk.rec.cycling#33178

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 23:50:24 -0700 (PDT)
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 06:50 UTC

QUOTE: "But the driver continued to speed out. My partner banged on the bonnet and said: 'What are you doing? There’s children here. "He still continued. ENDS

He "banged on the bonnet ", eh? Don't the cry baby drivers consider that an "assault" upon their person, even though they have a steel cage around them? Poor lambs.

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<kmnsaaFi82jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33179&group=uk.rec.cycling#33179

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
confront him "gets a talking to"
Date: 17 Sep 2023 08:39:38 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 08:39 UTC

> QUOTE: "But the driver continued to speed out. My partner banged on the
> bonnet and said: 'What are you doing? There’s children here. "He still continued. ENDS
>
> He "banged on the bonnet ", eh? Don't the cry baby drivers consider that
> an "assault" upon their person, even though they have a steel cage around them? Poor lambs.

Banging on the vehicle in the same manner as one of cycling’s drama queens
recently performed in a video of his? Poor lamb…

🚚💥🚴‍♀️👊🎥🎭👸

--
Spike

Re: Furious driver who shouted abuse and got out car to confront him "gets a talking to"

<56cd8e8e-7461-497f-a0dc-45ef8455ad26n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33180&group=uk.rec.cycling#33180

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 03:34:56 -0700 (PDT)
"gets a talking to"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 10:34 UTC

Police have made an arrest after a man died in an alleged hit and run in Fife.

Emergency services were called to the scene on the High Street in Cowdenbeath at around 8.30pm on Thursday. A 46-year-old man was badly injured after allegedly being knocked down as he crossed the road.

He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. Police previously appealed for information in their efforts to trace the driver.

Officers have now confirmed that a 32-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection with the crash. He is due to appear at Dunfermline Sheriff Court on Monday.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "A 32-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection with a fatal road crash in Cowdenbeath.

"A 46-year-old male pedestrian died following the crash involving a grey Audi on High Street around 8.30pm on Thursday, September 14, 2023. The 32-year-old man is due to appear at Dunfermline Sheriff Court on Monday, September 18, 2023."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/man-arrested-after-pedestrian-dies-30960362