Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:10:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Shocking attack on woman, 60, who confronted nuisance bike riders
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 18:10 UTC

A WOMAN was punched in the head and face in a sickening attack after she confronted youths riding bikes around a park in Amblecote.

Karen Mackenzie was punched in the side of the head and knocked to the ground and then hit again in the face on Amblecote Playing Field off Trinity Road - leaving blood pouring from her mouth.

The incident happened on Sunday (September 24) at around 1pm.

The brave 60-year-old had gone out to speak to four males aged between around seven to 18 who were tearing around on bikes and two adults who were with them, who she believes were their parents, when she was met with a barrage of abuse and attacked.

She said quad bikes are a scourge at the park and is calling for the police and council to take action before someone else is hurt.

She said the quad bike riders attempted to intimidate her by riding around her - with the older rider going over her foot. They also tried to run over her two chow chow dogs.

Karen said: "The abuse that came out of the kids' mouths was disgusting.

"I told them I was going to call the police as I turned away the dad punched me in the side of the head which knocked me to the ground. As I got back up and turned he punched me in the face.

"When they saw the blood the woman said "come on kids" and they went up the gully.

"I am a 60-year-old woman and I have taken a punch from a complete low-life and nothing seems to get done.

"This has to stop."

Karen said on Saturday quad bikes were circling football players using the fields.

She said the attack has left her frightened that she will be the victim of further attacks as the perpetrators told her they know where she lives.

She said: "We shouldn't be living like this in this day and age."

A police officer visited Karen shortly after the attack and took pictures of her injuries and said they would investigate.

West Midlands Police and Dudley Council have been contacted for comment

https://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/23818664.shocking-attack-woman-60-confronted-nuisance-quad-bike-riders/

Re: Shocking attack on woman, 60, who confronted nuisance bike riders

<knnhcvFnssiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33599&group=uk.rec.cycling#33599

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 Sep 2023 08:49:35 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 08:49 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> A WOMAN was punched in the head and face in a sickening attack after she
> confronted youths riding bikes around a park in Amblecote.

No comment needed…

> https://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/23818664.shocking-attack-woman-60-confronted-nuisance-quad-bike-riders/

Hope she recovers soon, and the cyclists do time for the assault and
battery.

--
Spike

Re: Shocking attack on woman, 60, who confronted nuisance bike riders

<aa417f39-b75e-4cf3-91fe-7d4ec5aadaa7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33606&group=uk.rec.cycling#33606

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 03:39:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:39 UTC

Nasty little scrotes need flogging for doing this and their quad bikes crushing.

https://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/resources/images/17273219.jpg?type=mds-article-962