<doogie> Debian - All the power, without the silly hat.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Police hunt for hit-and-run-driver who struck girl, 14, on zebra crossing

SubjectAuthor
* Police hunt for hit-and-run-driver who struck girl, 14, on zebra crossingSimon Mason
+- Re: Police hunt for hit-and-run-driver who struck girl, 14,Spike
`- Re: Police hunt for hit-and-run-driver who struck girl, 14, on zebraJNugent

1
Police hunt for hit-and-run-driver who struck girl, 14, on zebra crossing

<43185e4f-191f-47c7-974f-85c80b7b8a55n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33788&group=uk.rec.cycling#33788

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 14:01:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Police hunt for hit-and-run-driver who struck girl, 14, on zebra crossing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 21:01 UTC

A hit-and-run driver who ploughed into a 14-year-old girl as she walked over a zebra crossing, was being hunted by police.

The car involved sped off without stopping at the scene in shortly before 8.30pm, officers said.

The schoolgirl was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

A Thames Valley Police spokeswoman appealed for any witnesses and anyone who has dashcam footage to get in touch with officers investigating the case.

She said: "At 8.26pm on Saturday the girl was walking in Buckingham Road, Aylesbury, when she was involved in a collision with a black car, possibly with four doors, on a zebra crossing outside the Royal Buckinghamshire Hospital at the triple roundabouts.

"The vehicle was travelling northbound. The driver did not stop at the scene.

"The girl was treated at Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Aylesbury, but has since been discharged."

Investigating officer PC Alistair Bennett of the Joint Operations Roads Policing Unit, based at Amersham, said: "I would like appeal to anybody who witnessed this collision to please get in touch.

"I would particularly like to hear from anybody who may have been driving in the area and has dash-cam in their vehicles to please check this and get in touch if it has captured anything that could assist the investigation."

Call police with information on 101.

Re: Police hunt for hit-and-run-driver who struck girl, 14, on zebra crossing

<knu5qmFq3hhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33790&group=uk.rec.cycling#33790

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Police hunt for hit-and-run-driver who struck girl, 14,
on zebra crossing
Date: 1 Oct 2023 21:15:02 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 21:15 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> A hit-and-run driver who ploughed into a 14-year-old girl as she walked
> over a zebra crossing, was being hunted by police.

When pedestrians are mown down on zebra crossings by a cyclist who then
scarpers, do police hunt the the cyclist?

--
Spike

Re: Police hunt for hit-and-run-driver who struck girl, 14, on zebra crossing

<ko09gnF6352U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33807&group=uk.rec.cycling#33807

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Police hunt for hit-and-run-driver who struck girl, 14, on zebra
crossing
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 11:30:16 -0500
 by: JNugent - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 16:30 UTC

On 01/10/2023 16:01, Simon Mason wrote:

> A hit-and-run driver who ploughed into a 14-year-old girl as she walked over a zebra crossing, was being hunted by police.
>
> The car involved sped off without stopping at the scene in shortly before 8.30pm, officers said.
>
> The schoolgirl was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
>
> A Thames Valley Police spokeswoman appealed for any witnesses and anyone who has dashcam footage to get in touch with officers investigating the case.
>
> She said: "At 8.26pm on Saturday the girl was walking in Buckingham Road, Aylesbury, when she was involved in a collision with a black car, possibly with four doors, on a zebra crossing outside the Royal Buckinghamshire Hospital at the triple roundabouts.
>
> "The vehicle was travelling northbound. The driver did not stop at the scene.
>
> "The girl was treated at Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Aylesbury, but has since been discharged."
>
> Investigating officer PC Alistair Bennett of the Joint Operations Roads Policing Unit, based at Amersham, said: "I would like appeal to anybody who witnessed this collision to please get in touch.
>
> "I would particularly like to hear from anybody who may have been driving in the area and has dash-cam in their vehicles to please check this and get in touch if it has captured anything that could assist the investigation."
>
> Call police with information on 101.

He or she will be a fully-qualified chav-cyclist like May Sun and
nothing more than that.