<KatanaJ> Note on a chem lab fridge- "This refrigerator is not explosion- proof".

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Woman arrested after cyclist killed in car "accident" in Wimborne

SubjectAuthor
* Woman arrested after cyclist killed in car "accident" in WimborneSimon Mason
`- Re: Woman arrested after cyclist killed in car "accident" in WimborneMike Collins

1
Woman arrested after cyclist killed in car "accident" in Wimborne

<bf11d8b7-4ec8-4a77-ba58-93e496943f78n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33962&group=uk.rec.cycling#33962

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 02:11:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Woman arrested after cyclist killed in car "accident" in Wimborne
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 09:11 UTC

Dorset Police is appealing for witnesses after a man in his 40s was killed in a crash in Wimborne.

The man had been cycling on the B3078 Julians Road at 10.11pm last night (Wednesday 4th) when he was hit by a car.

The rider of the bicycle sustained serious injuries and died at the scene. His family has been informed and the Coroner notified.

The driver of a red Vauxhall Astra, a local woman in her 20s, was arrested on suspicion of driving offences.

Julians Road was closed between the Pye Corner roundabout and the junction of the A31.

Police Sergeant Gareth Thomas, of the traffic unit, said, “An investigation into this collision is underway andI am appealing to anyone who saw what happened or witnessed the Corsa being driven immediately after the collision to please get in touch.

“I am particularly keen to hear from any motorists who were travelling along that stretch of the road at the time and may have captured anything of relevance on their dashcam.

“Our thoughts today are with the man’s family and friends at this very difficult time.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at www.dorset.police.uk, via email at scit@dorset.pnn.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting occurrence number 55230157876. Alternatively, independent charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously online at Crimestoppers-uk.org or by calling Freephone 0800 555 111.

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2023-10-05/woman-arrested-after-cyclist-killed-in-car-accident

Re: Woman arrested after cyclist killed in car "accident" in Wimborne

<a48e79ea-f7d2-48a0-a945-bbb3224b0299n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34009&group=uk.rec.cycling#34009

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 08:47:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8828@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:47 UTC

On Thursday, 5 October 2023 at 10:11:19 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> Dorset Police is appealing for witnesses after a man in his 40s was killed in a crash in Wimborne.
>
> The man had been cycling on the B3078 Julians Road at 10.11pm last night (Wednesday 4th) when he was hit by a car.
>
> The rider of the bicycle sustained serious injuries and died at the scene.. His family has been informed and the Coroner notified.
>
> The driver of a red Vauxhall Astra, a local woman in her 20s, was arrested on suspicion of driving offences.
>
> Julians Road was closed between the Pye Corner roundabout and the junction of the A31.
>
> Police Sergeant Gareth Thomas, of the traffic unit, said, “An investigation into this collision is underway andI am appealing to anyone who saw what happened or witnessed the Corsa being driven immediately after the collision to please get in touch.
>
> “I am particularly keen to hear from any motorists who were travelling along that stretch of the road at the time and may have captured anything of relevance on their dashcam.
>
> “Our thoughts today are with the man’s family and friends at this very difficult time.”
>
> Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at www.dorset.police.uk, via email at sc...@dorset.pnn.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting occurrence number 55230157876. Alternatively, independent charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously online at Crimestoppers-uk.org or by calling Freephone 0800 555 111.
>
> https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2023-10-05/woman-arrested-after-cyclist-killed-in-car-accident

If the car driver was wearing a helmet this would not have happened.