Would the last person to leave Michigan please turn out the lights?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Police chase sees disqualified driver jailed

SubjectAuthor
* Police chase sees disqualified driver jailedSimon Mason
+- Re: Police chase sees disqualified chav-cyclist jailedJNugent
+* Re: Police chase sees disqualified driver jailedSimon Mason
|`- Re: Police chase sees disqualified driver [ie, mere chav-cyclist]JNugent
`- Re: Police chase sees disqualified driver jailedSimon Mason

1
Police chase sees disqualified driver jailed

<6f64f13a-22cf-4039-a1cc-54d0bd499f7bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34335&group=uk.rec.cycling#34335

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:37:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Police chase sees disqualified driver jailed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:37 UTC

A disqualified driver from Coventry who failed to stop for police and ended up crashing into a tree has been jailed for 16 months.

Officers spotted a red Transit van being driven with a flat tyre on the A46 near Wootton Wawen around 1pm on 25 August.

They tried to stop the van but the driver – Remus Bahica – continued.

A pursuit began and shortly afterwards a stinger was used to stop the van, which ended up colliding with a tree, with Bahica being arrested by officers.

The 32-year-old, who was already banned from driving and had no insurance, was subsequently charged with:

Driving a motor vehicle dangerously
Using a motor vehicle on a road/public place without third party insurance
Failing to stop a mechanically propelled vehicle when required by constable/traffic warden
Driving while disqualified

Appearing at Warwick Crown Court on Tuesday (10 October), Bahica, of Ransom Road, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 16 months in prison and banned from driving for 44 months.

He was also made to pay a victim surcharge of £187.

PC Lauren Bradley said: “Bahica apologised for his actions, however this does not take away from the fact that he knowingly put all other road users at risk.

"Bahica hit a tree while trying to escape police so I hope he’ll take time to reflect while behind bars on how much worse the consequences of his actions could have been.

"Driving without a license or insurance is incredibly reckless and it is by sheer luck that no one other than Bahica was injured during his course of driving dangerously and failing to stop.

"We will always do everything we can to pursue those involved in dangerous driving and make sure we can bring them to justice where possible to ensure the safety of the public.”

https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/news/warwickshire/news/2023/october/police-chase-sees-disqualified-driver-jailed/

Re: Police chase sees disqualified chav-cyclist jailed

<kpad3uF15ljU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34342&group=uk.rec.cycling#34342

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Police chase sees disqualified chav-cyclist jailed
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 16:49:18 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:49 UTC

On 18/10/2023 04:37 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A disqualified from driving chav-cyclist from Coventry who failed to stop for police and ended up crashing into a tree has been jailed for 16 months.
>
> Officers spotted a red Transit van being [used] with a flat tyre on the A46 near Wootton Wawen around 1pm on 25 August.
>
> They tried to stop the van but the [chav-cyclist illegally at the wheel] – Remus Bahica – continued.
>
> A pursuit began and shortly afterwards a stinger was used to stop the van, which ended up colliding with a tree, with Bahica being arrested by officers.
>
> The 32-year-old, who was already banned from driving and had no insurance, was subsequently charged with:
>
> Driving a motor vehicle dangerously
> Using a motor vehicle on a road/public place without third party insurance
> Failing to stop a mechanically propelled vehicle when required by constable/traffic warden
> Driving while disqualified
>
> Appearing at Warwick Crown Court on Tuesday (10 October), Bahica, of Ransom Road, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 16 months in prison and banned from driving [and thereby sentenced to being a mere chav-cyclist] for [a further] 44 months.
>
> He was also made to pay a victim surcharge of £187.
>
> PC Lauren Bradley said: “Bahica apologised for his actions, however this does not take away from the fact that he knowingly put all other road users at risk.
>
> "Bahica hit a tree while trying to escape police so I hope he’ll take time to reflect while behind bars on how much worse the consequences of his actions could have been.
>
> "Driving without a license or insurance is incredibly reckless and it is by sheer luck that no one other than Bahica was injured during his course of driving dangerously and failing to stop.
>
> "We will always do everything we can to pursue those involved in dangerous driving and make sure we can bring them to justice where possible to ensure the safety of the public.”
>
> https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/news/warwickshire/news/2023/october/police-chase-sees-disqualified-driver-jailed/

"Driving without a license or insurance is incredibly reckless..."

....but too many chav-cyclists do it.

Some of them don't even maintain their vehicles in a safe condition.

Re: Police chase sees disqualified driver jailed

<14cd9115-49ae-48af-9b66-3dd5916e7962n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34345&group=uk.rec.cycling#34345

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:51:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Police chase sees disqualified driver jailed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:51 UTC

QUOTE: A disqualified driver from Coventry who failed to stop for police and ended up crashing into a tree has been jailed for 16 months. Officers spotted a red Transit van being driven with a flat tyre on the A46 near Wootton Wawen around 1pm on 25 August. ENDS

How come he got off with the defective tyre?

Re: Police chase sees disqualified driver [ie, mere chav-cyclist] jailed

<kpafp7F1khmU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34357&group=uk.rec.cycling#34357

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Police chase sees disqualified driver [ie, mere chav-cyclist]
jailed
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 17:34:47 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 16:34 UTC

On 18/10/2023 04:51 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: A disqualified driver from Coventry who failed to stop for police and ended up crashing into a tree has been jailed for 16 months. Officers spotted a red Transit van being driven with a flat tyre on the A46 near Wootton Wawen around 1pm on 25 August. ENDS
>
> How come he got off with the defective tyre?

Chav-cyclists get away with murder.

More or less literally.

Re: Police chase sees disqualified driver jailed

<de99f252-6a3b-44e3-8b98-c7a640907da7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34359&group=uk.rec.cycling#34359

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 10:02:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 17:02 UTC

QUOTE: A pursuit began and shortly afterwards a stinger was used to stop the van, which ended up colliding with a tree, with Bahica being arrested by officers. ENDS

Ah - that would explain the flat tyre - as you were then.