From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Who is covering up what, and why?
Date: 19 Oct 2023 18:17:43 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 18:17 UTC

The group seems to be enjoying (only in certain quarters) a spate of
lengthy posts, some repeated several times, of drivers being fined or
imprisoned.

Flooding the group in this way is one tactic designed to divert attention
away from something the author of such posts would rather see pushed into
the background.

Any ideas on what that might be? Success of Brexit? Failures of the EU
dinosaur? Cyclist antisocial behaviour? Dutch death rates? Whinging
cyclists? Has some bike scheme flopped or the true costs emerged? The fact
that all the government money pumped into cycling initiatives via
self-interested parties actually comes from the taxpayer?

--
Spike

Re: Who is covering up what, and why?

<ugtbjv$una8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34454&group=uk.rec.cycling#34454

From: muzhmuzh@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Who is covering up what, and why?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 20:52:31 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 07:52 UTC

On 20/10/23 07:17, Spike wrote:

> The group seems to be enjoying (only in certain quarters) a spate of
> lengthy posts, some repeated several times, of drivers being fined or
> imprisoned.
>
> Flooding the group in this way is one tactic designed to divert attention
> away from something the author of such posts would rather see pushed into
> the background.
>
> Any ideas on what that might be? Success of Brexit? Failures of the EU
> dinosaur? Cyclist antisocial behaviour? Dutch death rates? Whinging
> cyclists? Has some bike scheme flopped or the true costs emerged? The fact
> that all the government money pumped into cycling initiatives via
> self-interested parties actually comes from the taxpayer?

Most of the bicycling 'farcilities' I have seen are such that I would
rather bike on the road. Cost to the taxpayer = £0.