A sinking ship gathers no moss. -- Donald Kaul

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

SubjectAuthor
* Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chaseSimon Mason
+- Re: Boy racer [Chav-Cyclist] banned SIX times leads police onJNugent
+* Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mphSimon Mason
|+- Re: Mere boy racer chav-cyclist banned SIX times leads police onJNugent
|`- Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous'Spike
+* Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through Simon Mason
|`- Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mphJNugent
+* Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mphSimon Mason
|`- Re: Fully qualified chav-cyclist banned SIX times leads police onJNugent
`- Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through Simon Mason

1
Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

<4a499c17-ac05-4c09-af9a-f14f16c39dcfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34577&group=uk.rec.cycling#34577

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 03:45:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase
through 30mph streets of Hull
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:45 UTC

A car-obsessed banned driver hurtled through city centre streets at "dangerous" speeds of up to 80mph while desperately trying to escape from the police during a hair-raising early-morning chase.

Drug user Saul Oxburgh had a long history of crime and he was driving a stolen car that had false registration plates at the time of the "outrageous" and "disgusting" pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard. He led police on a winding route from Beverley Road to Albermarle Street, hurtling over speed bumps and even racing the wrong way up a one-way street.

At one point a man had to leap out of his way, the court heard. Oxburgh, 23, of Millport Drive, Boothferry estate, west Hull, admitted aggravated vehicle taking, driving while disqualified, having no insurance and possessing cocaine and cannabis on September 9.

Samantha Laws, prosecuting, said that police spotted a silver Ford Fiesta on Beverley Road, Hull, not far from the roundabout leading to the A1079, near the approach towards Dunswell, at 6.30am. Three people were in the car.

There was a strong smell of cannabis. The car was followed into a BP garage but it sped off towards the roundabout on Beverley Road towards Hull and failed to stop when the police's flashing blue lights and sirens were activated.

Oxburgh overtook a lorry and a car and reached speeds of 80mph in a 30mph limit, undertaking in a bus lane, driving on the wrong side of the road and heading through red traffic lights on Beverley Road. He turned right into Lambert Street, with cars on either side of the road, and hurtled over speed bumps before turning left into narrow Prince's Road, going the wrong way down a one-way street and going the wrong way around a roundabout on Princes Avenue.

He turned left and then headed right onto Derringham Street, approaching Hull Royal Infirmary, before driving to Anlaby Road and Coltman Street, including over speed bumps. Oxburgh turned right to Gee Street and then on to Wellsted Street, Hessle Road, Boulevard and Albemarle Street.

He headed under the flyover and dodged a police car that tried to use a tyre-bursting stinger. The car eventually stopped and Oxburgh ran off, but he was caught and detained by police.

"The vehicle had been stolen in a robbery on September 2 and it was using false plates at the time of these offences," said Miss Laws. Oxburgh was identified and it was discovered that he had been banned from driving on May 13 last year for three years. Small amounts of cannabis and cocaine were found on him.

Oxburgh had convictions for 43 previous offences, 14 of them for driving offences and three for possessing drugs. He had previously been given six separate driving bans.

Amber Hobson, mitigating, said that Oxburgh behaved in an "outrageous" way during the chase. "He knows that this offending was disgusting," said Miss Hobson.

Oxburgh had said: "It's dangerous, isn't it? I am ashamed and embarrassed that this has happened. I could have hurt someone."

Oxburgh had an unenviable record of convictions but he had shown a good level of insight into his behaviour. "He does not want to continue this behaviour," said Miss Hobson. "He wants to work and contribute to society.

"He was a trainee scaffolder and he wants to get back into this type of work. He wants to keep his nose clean. He wants to keep out of prison. He is desperate to be out of custody."

Oxburgh was jailed for 42 weeks and was banned from driving for five years and 21 weeks. Recorder Anthony Kelbrick told him: "You have a dreadful criminal record. You were in a stolen car with false plates.

"Cannabis was clearly being used because officers could smell it. You turned into a garage and then out again to see if you were being followed. You were.

"You set off on a prolonged and protracted attempt to escape capture. You drove at high speeds on roads limited to 30mph and you put other traffic at risk. The risk was huge.

"You drove through housing estates, driving through cars parked on either side of the road. At least one man leapt to the side to make sure that he was out of your way. You abandoned the car. You ran off but you were later caught."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/boy-racer-banned-six-times-8848970

Re: Boy racer [Chav-Cyclist] banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

<kpkr8tFu43U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34595&group=uk.rec.cycling#34595

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Boy racer [Chav-Cyclist] banned SIX times leads police on
'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:52:13 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 14:52 UTC

On 22/10/2023 11:45 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> A car-obsessed banned driver [ie, a mere chav-cyclist and nothing more] hurtled through city centre streets at "dangerous" speeds of up to 80mph while desperately trying to escape from the police during a hair-raising early-morning chase.
>
> Drug user Saul Oxburgh had a long history of crime and he was [purporting to drive] a stolen car that had false registration plates at the time of the "outrageous" and "disgusting" pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard. He led police on a winding route from Beverley Road to Albermarle Street, hurtling over speed bumps and even racing the wrong way up a one-way street.

That's only alright when the chav-cyclist is actually on a chav-bike,
isn't it?

> At one point a man had to leap out of his way, the court heard. Oxburgh, 23, of Millport Drive, Boothferry estate, west Hull, admitted aggravated vehicle taking, driving while disqualified,

That is, he is not a driver. All he is is a chav-cyclist.

> having no insurance and possessing cocaine and cannabis on September 9.

More TCCB.

> Samantha Laws, prosecuting, said that police spotted a silver Ford Fiesta on Beverley Road, Hull, not far from the roundabout leading to the A1079, near the approach towards Dunswell, at 6.30am. Three people were in the car.
> There was a strong smell of cannabis. The car was followed into a BP garage but it sped off towards the roundabout on Beverley Road towards Hull and failed to stop when the police's flashing blue lights and sirens were activated.
> Oxburgh overtook a lorry and a car and reached speeds of 80mph in a 30mph limit, undertaking in a bus lane, driving on the wrong side of the road and heading through red traffic lights on Beverley Road. He turned right into Lambert Street, with cars on either side of the road, and hurtled over speed bumps before turning left into narrow Prince's Road, going the wrong way down a one-way street and going the wrong way around a roundabout on Princes Avenue.
> He turned left and then headed right onto Derringham Street, approaching Hull Royal Infirmary, before driving to Anlaby Road and Coltman Street, including over speed bumps. Oxburgh turned right to Gee Street and then on to Wellsted Street, Hessle Road, Boulevard and Albemarle Street.

How does any of that help the reader?

> He headed under the flyover and dodged a police car that tried to use a tyre-bursting stinger. The car eventually stopped and Oxburgh ran off, but he was caught and detained by police.
> "The vehicle had been stolen in a robbery on September 2 and it was using false plates at the time of these offences," said Miss Laws. Oxburgh was identified and it was discovered that he had been banned from driving on May 13 last year for three years. Small amounts of cannabis and cocaine were found on him.
> Oxburgh had convictions for 43 previous offences, 14 of them for driving offences and three for possessing drugs. He had previously been given six separate driving bans.

Meaning that he is six times the chav-cyclist that most other
chav-cyclists are.

> Amber Hobson, mitigating, said that Oxburgh behaved in an "outrageous" way during the chase. "He knows that this offending was disgusting," said Miss Hobson.
> Oxburgh had said: "It's dangerous, isn't it? I am ashamed and embarrassed that this has happened. I could have hurt someone."

> Oxburgh had an unenviable record of convictions but he had shown a good level of insight into his behaviour. "He does not want to continue this behaviour," said Miss Hobson. "He wants to work and contribute to society.
> "He was a trainee scaffolder and he wants to get back into this type of work. He wants to keep his nose clean. He wants to keep out of prison. He is desperate to be out of custody."
> Oxburgh was jailed for 42 weeks and was banned from driving for five years and 21 weeks. Recorder Anthony Kelbrick told him: "You have a dreadful criminal record. You were in a stolen car with false plates.
> "Cannabis was clearly being used because officers could smell it. You turned into a garage and then out again to see if you were being followed. You were.
> "You set off on a prolonged and protracted attempt to escape capture. You drove at high speeds on roads limited to 30mph and you put other traffic at risk. The risk was huge.
> "You drove through housing estates, driving through cars parked on either side of the road. At least one man leapt to the side to make sure that he was out of your way. You abandoned the car. You ran off but you were later caught."

> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/boy-racer-banned-six-times-8848970

"Cannabis was clearly being used because officers could smell it"...

....if that's all the courts need, more cannabis users and traders should
be prosecuted.

"You turned into a garage"

Has he got a career ahead of him as a stage illusionist?

That sounds like a good one if he can repeat it.

Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

<b8aba4c5-65df-4da6-a171-b58e54364400n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34605&group=uk.rec.cycling#34605

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 08:16:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph
chase through 30mph streets of Hull
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:16 UTC

QUOTE: Oxburgh had convictions for 43 previous offences, 14 of them for driving offences and three for possessing drugs. He had previously been given six separate driving bans. ENDS

Obviously the 6 bans did not work - maybe 4 years in prison will have the right result for a change?

Re: Mere boy racer chav-cyclist banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

<kpkuohF1gbdU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34612&group=uk.rec.cycling#34612

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 16:51:45 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:51 UTC

On 22/10/2023 04:16 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Oxburgh had convictions for 43 previous offences, 14 of them for driving offences and three for possessing drugs. He had previously been given six separate driving bans. ENDS
>
> Obviously the 6 bans did not work - maybe 4 years in prison will have the right result for a change?

Typical Chav-Cyclist Behaviour.

Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

<kpkv0hF1jjqU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34621&group=uk.rec.cycling#34621

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous'
80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull
Date: 22 Oct 2023 15:56:01 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:56 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: Oxburgh had convictions for 43 previous offences, 14 of them for
> driving offences and three for possessing drugs. He had previously been
> given six separate driving bans. ENDS
>
> Obviously the 6 bans did not work - maybe 4 years in prison will have the
> right result for a change?

Well, prisons have been around for a long time, how are they working out as
a correctional facility?

--
Spike

Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

<5b1b79d8-1d29-478c-b316-af884c3daeccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34632&group=uk.rec.cycling#34632

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:48:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull
From: swldxer1961@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 17:48 UTC

QUOTE: Oxburgh had an unenviable record of convictions but he had shown a good level of insight into his behaviour. "He does not want to continue this behaviour," said Miss Hobson. "He wants to work and contribute to society. ENDS

HAHAHAHAHA - PULL THE OTHER ONE.

Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

<kplre0F66vfU8@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34652&group=uk.rec.cycling#34652

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
chase through 30mph streets of Hull
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 01:01:04 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 00:01 UTC

On 22/10/2023 06:48 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Oxburgh had an unenviable record of convictions but he had shown a good level of insight into his behaviour. "He does not want to continue this behaviour," said Miss Hobson. "He wants to work and contribute to society. ENDS
>
> HAHAHAHAHA - PULL THE OTHER ONE.

Quite so. You really cannot rely upon the word of a chav-cyclist, can you?

[And as you know, that's all he was - nothing more.]

Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

<f47accce-c54b-466b-8105-2fe6711cc918n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34657&group=uk.rec.cycling#34657

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 00:12:33 -0700 (PDT)
chase through 30mph streets of Hull
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 07:12 UTC

QUOTE: Oxburgh overtook a lorry and a car and reached speeds of 80mph in a 30mph limit, undertaking in a bus lane, driving on the wrong side of the road and heading through red traffic lights on Beverley Road.ENDS

Getting done for doing 80 in a 30 is an "attack on the rights of the Great British motorist" according to the Association of British Nutters.

Re: Fully qualified chav-cyclist banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

<kpn52oFd0svU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34662&group=uk.rec.cycling#34662

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Fully qualified chav-cyclist banned SIX times leads police on
'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 12:51:53 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 11:51 UTC

On 23/10/2023 08:12 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Oxburgh overtook a lorry and a car and reached speeds of 80mph in a 30mph limit, undertaking in a bus lane,

"undertaking in a bus lane"?

That sounds like typical chav-cyclist behaviour, doesn't it?

And unsurprisingly, that's all he was, innit?

> driving on the wrong side of the road and heading through red traffic lights on Beverley Road.ENDS

Two more examples of TCCB. He clearly took his chav-cyclist role
seriously, even when purporting to be a driver.

> Getting done for doing 80 in a 30 is an "attack on the rights of the Great British motorist" according to the Association of British Nutters.

Re: Boy racer banned SIX times leads police on 'outrageous' 80mph chase through 30mph streets of Hull

<1678436c-43a8-4076-9afe-63f80fea1877n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34665&group=uk.rec.cycling#34665

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 05:24:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 12:24 UTC

QUOTE: "He was a trainee scaffolder and he wants to get back into this type of work. ENDS

If Tories/UKIP/Reform/BNP have their way, he could make his own gallows. :-)