Keep cool.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

SubjectAuthor
* UK Politics Royal US World Science WeatherSimon Mason
+* Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History NatureJNugent
|`- Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird HistorySpike
+* Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History NatureSimon Mason
|+- Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History NatureJNugent
|`- Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History NatureSimon Mason
+- Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science WeatherSpike

1
UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

<69d61e16-86d2-48bb-bb1f-377353ec5545n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34869&group=uk.rec.cycling#34869

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:29:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:29 UTC

A Welsh driver feuding with a motorcyclist who used his car "as a weapon" has received an eight-month prison sentence. Graham Robinson, 69, was jailed on Friday after a judge ruled he had misused his car in an altercation with motorcycle driver Liam Guest. Caernarfon Crown Court heard how the two drivers were locked in a high-speed chase before crashing and causing almost £3,000 of property damage.

The altercation on October 5, 2022, started when Mr Guest pulled up alongside Robinson on Foryd Bridge as he travelled from Rhyl to his home in Kimmel Bay.

As the motorcycle driver attempted to pass Robinson's slow-moving blue Renault Kadja, prosecutor Rosemary Proctor said the driver shouted at him.

The court heard Robinson say Mr Guest "shouldn't be driving, called him a '"p****" and spat at him".

As he was passing his car, the motorcycle said the defendant had "nudged" the bike with the front of his vehicle, adding his wing mirror had clipped the bike's handlebars.

Ms Proctor told the court Robinson had followed Mr Guest along a main road and into residential streets.

He allegedly reached speeds of 50mph in 30mph zones and crossed hatched lines as he tailed the riders.

The drivers eventually sped down a dirt track before Robinson's car hit Mr Guest's bike "at the bottom of a garden".

He was knocked off the motorcycle and left "on the ground", Ms Proctor added.

The two crashed into a fence at a property owned by Christine Lyons, costing her £2,786.78 in insurance.

She was sitting in her front room when she heard a "terrific bang" around 4..30pm that evening.

Ms Lyons walked into her garden and saw the broken fence, with Robinson's car "embedded in the vegetation".

She also spotted a motorcycle "in the garden on the ground".

Mr Guest told the court he suffered cuts and grazes and had back pain caused by the crash he rated as an "eight out of ten".

The court heard he was due to have an MRI scan, with doctors looking for a possible slipped disc, nerve damage and sciatica.

Despite the pain, he picked himself off the ground and flagged down a police car.

When questioned by officers, Robinson initially denied he had a dashcam but later admitted to lying.

A judge heard Robinson was stressed due to his wife's deteriorating mental health.

Defending counsel Simon Killeen said she suffered from bipolar disorder, and was hospitalised later that day.

But judge Timothy Petts told the defendant he reacted to his dispute with Mr Guest in a "grossly disproportionate way", adding he used his car "as a weapon against a vulnerable road user".

Robinson was jailed and disqualified from driving for three years and four months.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1748007/Driver-pensioner-jailed-road-rage

Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

<kpvqp3Fc85jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34871&group=uk.rec.cycling#34871

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:51:14 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:51 UTC

On 26/10/2023 07:29 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A Welsh driver feuding with a motorcyclist who used his car "as a weapon" has received an eight-month prison sentence. Graham Robinson, 69, was jailed on Friday after a judge ruled he had misused his car in an altercation with motorcycle driver Liam Guest. Caernarfon Crown Court heard how the two drivers were locked in a high-speed chase before crashing and causing almost £3,000 of property damage.

Two vehicles involved and the crash damage was still only £3,000?

It costs that much to have two dented doors and a wing replaced and
properly resprayed.

> The altercation on October 5, 2022, started when Mr Guest pulled up alongside Robinson on Foryd Bridge as he travelled from Rhyl to his home in Kimmel Bay.
> As the motorcycle driver attempted to pass Robinson's slow-moving blue Renault Kadja, prosecutor Rosemary Proctor said the driver shouted at him.
> The court heard Robinson say Mr Guest "shouldn't be driving, called him a '"p****" and spat at him".
> As he was passing his car, the motorcycle said the defendant had "nudged" the bike with the front of his vehicle, adding his wing mirror had clipped the bike's handlebars.
> Ms Proctor told the court Robinson had followed Mr Guest along a main road and into residential streets.
> He allegedly reached speeds of 50mph in 30mph zones and crossed hatched lines as he tailed the riders.

How was that alleged speed measured, then?

> The drivers eventually sped down a dirt track before Robinson's car hit Mr Guest's bike "at the bottom of a garden".
> He was knocked off the motorcycle and left "on the ground", Ms Proctor added.
> The two crashed into a fence at a property owned by Christine Lyons, costing her £2,786.78 in insurance.

What does that even mean?

Was it her revised premium after the claim? The excess on the policy?
What...?

> She was sitting in her front room when she heard a "terrific bang" around 4.30pm that evening.
> Ms Lyons walked into her garden and saw the broken fence, with Robinson's car "embedded in the vegetation".
> She also spotted a motorcycle "in the garden on the ground".
> Mr Guest told the court he suffered cuts and grazes and had back pain caused by the crash he rated as an "eight out of ten".
> The court heard he was due to have an MRI scan, with doctors looking for a possible slipped disc, nerve damage and sciatica.
> Despite the pain, he picked himself off the ground and flagged down a police car.
> When questioned by officers, Robinson initially denied he had a dashcam but later admitted to lying.
> A judge heard Robinson was stressed due to his wife's deteriorating mental health.
> Defending counsel Simon Killeen said she suffered from bipolar disorder, and was hospitalised later that day.
> But judge Timothy Petts told the defendant he reacted to his dispute with Mr Guest in a "grossly disproportionate way", adding he used his car "as a weapon against a vulnerable road user".
> Robinson was jailed and disqualified from driving for three years and four months.

> https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1748007/Driver-pensioner-jailed-road-rage

Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

<d5bd2077-8568-4f68-9bd0-2b70194d51b2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34876&group=uk.rec.cycling#34876

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 12:03:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:03 UTC

QUOTE: But judge Timothy Petts told the defendant he reacted to his dispute with Mr Guest in a "grossly disproportionate way", adding he used his car "as a weapon against a vulnerable road user". Robinson was jailed and disqualified from driving for three years and four months. ENDS

"Weapon"? Wonder if old Doug is still with us?

Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

<kq01baFe7dqU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34881&group=uk.rec.cycling#34881

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather
Date: 26 Oct 2023 20:43:22 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:43 UTC

Old news: UPDATED: 14:41, Sat, Mar 18, 2023

--
Spike

Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

<kq01bbFe7dqU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34882&group=uk.rec.cycling#34882

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History
Date: 26 Oct 2023 20:43:23 GMT

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 07:29 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

>> The two crashed into a fence at a property owned by Christine Lyons,
>> costing her £2,786.78 in insurance.

> What does that even mean?

In the MasonWorld, it doesn’t have to mean anything, it just has to look
bad.

> Was it her revised premium after the claim? The excess on the policy?

>> https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1748007/Driver-pensioner-jailed-road-rage

--
Spike

Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

<9c7cbead-0977-4558-a5c3-1f340aa6cfbfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34889&group=uk.rec.cycling#34889

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 13:57:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:57 UTC

QUOTE: Graham Robinson, 69, was jailed on Friday after a judge ruled he had misused his car in an altercation with motorcycle driver Liam Guest. Caernarfon Crown Court heard how the two drivers were locked in a high-speed chase before crashing and causing almost £3,000 of property damage. ENDS

Houses must be cheaper to repair than cars as those prices.

Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

<kq1v1eFu41dU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34943&group=uk.rec.cycling#34943

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 15:16:14 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 14:16 UTC

On 26/10/2023 08:03 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: But judge Timothy Petts told the defendant he reacted to his dispute with Mr Guest in a "grossly disproportionate way", adding he used his car "as a weapon against a vulnerable road user". Robinson was jailed and disqualified from driving for three years and four months. ENDS
>
> "Weapon"? Wonder if old Doug is still with us?

I hope so.

He was a lot more coherent than you manage to be.

Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

<d38debb9-c5f6-4173-9e94-1cbc26f3b279n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34966&group=uk.rec.cycling#34966

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 08:39:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1964@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 15:39 UTC

QUOTE: The two crashed into a fence at a property owned by Christine Lyons, costing her £2,786.78 in insurance. ENDS

Our fence only cost us £1600 to repair out of our own money after the wind blew it down last year.

Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

<kq2aicF2qa0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34988&group=uk.rec.cycling#34988

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 27 Oct 2023 17:33:00 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:33 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1964@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: The two crashed into a fence at a property owned by Christine
> Lyons, costing her £2,786.78 in insurance. ENDS
>
> Our fence only cost us £1600 to repair out of our own money after the
> wind blew it down last year.

Couldn’t you get compo, then?

--
Spike

Re: UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Home News UK Driver jailed for using car 'as a weapon' in road rage crash caught in terrifying footage

<6d540f67-6317-433c-a91a-73ba004f60f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34989&group=uk.rec.cycling#34989

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 10:35:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:35 UTC

QUOTE: Mr Guest told the court he suffered cuts and grazes and had back pain caused by the crash he rated as an "eight out of ten". The court heard he was due to have an MRI scan, with doctors looking for a possible slipped disc, nerve damage and sciatica. Despite the pain, he picked himself off the ground and flagged down a police car. ENDS

Bloody good going with a 8/10 pain rating - the lying toerag.