Love sometimes expresses itself in sacrifice. -- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3220.3

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

SubjectAuthor
* Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSimon Mason
+- Re: Chav-cyclist (fully-unqualified for that) who took Nottingham busJNugent
+* Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSimon Mason
|`- Re: Chav-cyclist who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedJNugent
+* Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSimon Mason
|+- Re: Fully-unqualified chav-cyclist who took Nottingham bus andJNugent
|+* Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSpike
||`- Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedJNugent
|`* Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSimon Mason
| +- Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSpike
| `* Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSimon Mason
|  `- Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSpike
+- Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSimon Mason
+* Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSimon Mason
|`- Re: Chav-cyclist who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedJNugent
`- Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailedSimon Mason

1
Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<80ee5526-cc6c-490b-b92a-e5ca3008da6an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35000&group=uk.rec.cycling#35000

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 12:35:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 19:35 UTC

A man who took a bus through a busy city centre, ran a red light, smashed into a stationary car and dumped it 10 miles (16km) away has been jailed.

Police said Joshua Redfern, 25, climbed inside the cab of an empty TrentBarton bus in Peveril Drive, Nottingham, on 4 August while the driver was on a break.

After driving it recklessly through the city centre, he dumped it in Borrowash, near Derby.

At Nottingham Crown Court he was given a 12-month sentence.

Nottinghamshire Police said Redfern, of Bethulie Road, Cavendish, Derby, took the bus at about 20:00 BST and went through a red light in Castle Boulevard before hitting a stationary car, writing it off.

He was arrested at home after the force issued a photo appeal.

He pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking, failing to stop after an accident, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.

Redfern was told the sentence reflected the fact he committed the offences while on a suspended prison sentence for drug-related offences.

He had been jailed for 16 weeks, suspended for 12 months, in December for possession of Class A and Class B drugs, as well as being concerned in the supply of Class B drugs.

PC Matt Fisher said: "Redfern's actions that evening were mindless, reckless and dangerous.

"He climbed inside a bus and set off into busy city traffic - presumably with no thought of the harm he could potentially cause to other road users.

"Thankfully no one was seriously injured but that is no thanks to Redfern. He wrote off one car after colliding with it and could have harmed anyone else who he came into contact with."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-67238044

Re: Chav-cyclist (fully-unqualified for that) who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<kq4afiFfl9sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35028&group=uk.rec.cycling#35028

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Chav-cyclist (fully-unqualified for that) who took Nottingham bus
and crashed into car jailed
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 12:43:46 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 11:43 UTC

On 27/10/2023 08:35 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A chav-cyclist who took a bus through a busy city centre, ran a red light,

TCCB.

> smashed into a stationary car and dumped it 10 miles (16km) away has been jailed.

Scarpering?

TCCB.

> Police said Joshua Redfern, 25, climbed inside the cab of an empty TrentBarton bus in Peveril Drive, Nottingham, on 4 August while the driver was on a break.
> After driving it recklessly through the city centre, he dumped it in Borrowash, near Derby.
> At Nottingham Crown Court he was given a 12-month sentence.

I should think so.

> Nottinghamshire Police said Redfern, of Bethulie Road, Cavendish, Derby, took the bus at about 20:00 BST and went through a red light in Castle Boulevard before hitting a stationary car, writing it off.
> He was arrested at home after the force issued a photo appeal.
> He pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking, failing to stop after an accident, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.

In other words, driving while only a chav-cyclist.

> Redfern was told the sentence reflected the fact he committed the offences while on a suspended prison sentence for drug-related offences.

More TCCB.

> He had been jailed for 16 weeks, suspended for 12 months, in December for possession of Class A and Class B drugs, as well as being concerned in the supply of Class B drugs.

More and more TCCB.

> PC Matt Fisher said: "Redfern's actions that evening were mindless, reckless and dangerous.
>> "He climbed inside a bus and set off into busy city traffic - presumably with no thought of the harm he could potentially cause to other road users.

Well, he's a chav-cyclist. So why so surprised, PC Fisher?

It's what chavs do.

> "Thankfully no one was seriously injured but that is no thanks to Redfern. He wrote off one car after colliding with it and could have harmed anyone else who he came into contact with."
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-67238044

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<d6d09674-aab0-4af8-a509-cb70f58ac862n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35036&group=uk.rec.cycling#35036

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 06:22:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 13:22 UTC

QUOTE: Nottinghamshire Police said Redfern, of Bethulie Road, Cavendish, Derby, took the bus at about 20:00 BST and went through a red light in Castle Boulevard before hitting a stationary car, writing it off. ENDS

Bus drivers sailing past red lights? Surely not!

Re: Chav-cyclist who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<kq4k2vFhij4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35040&group=uk.rec.cycling#35040

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 15:27:43 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 14:27 UTC

On 28/10/2023 02:22 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Nottinghamshire Police said Redfern, of Bethulie Road, Cavendish, Derby, took the bus at about 20:00 BST and went through a red light in Castle Boulevard before hitting a stationary car, writing it off. ENDS
>
> Bus drivers sailing past red lights? Surely not!

He wasn't a bus driver; he was only a chav-cyclist. It says so in the
majority of the post which you snipped.

As you know, chav-cyclists abuse red traffic lights, One Way street
signs, etc, etc, as a matter of course.

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<315cf34b-29d2-4d5a-8033-b5f9d6f8d28fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35042&group=uk.rec.cycling#35042

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 09:18:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 16:18 UTC

SEEMS HE WAS YET ANOTHER DRUGGED UP DRIVER.

A "mindless" thief who stole a bus before taking it on a 10-mile joyride has been jailed for one year.

Josh Redfern got behind the wheel of the vehicle after spotting it parked up in Peveril Drive, Nottingham, on a Friday night in August.

He then sped off and went through a red light in the city centre - striking a stationary car on the way and writing off the other vehicle.

The 25-year-old then drove the purple Indigo TrentBarton bus to Borrowash, near Derby, where he abandoned it and fled the scene.

But he was later caught after Nottinghamshire Police posted a CCTV image of him on Facebook and appealed for witnesses to come forward.

Officers described his actions as "mindless, reckless and dangerous".

PC Matt Fisher, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: "He climbed inside a bus and set off into busy city traffic - presumably with no thought of the harm he could potentially cause to other road users.

"Thankfully no-one was seriously injured, but that is no thanks to Redfern.

"He wrote off one car after colliding with it and could have harmed anyone else who he came into contact with."

Redfern, who took the bus on Friday 4 August this year, was sentenced to 12 months in prison during a hearing at Nottingham Crown Court on Thursday.

He had earlier pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking, failing to stop after an accident, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.

The court heard Redfern, from Derby, was on a suspended prison sentence for drug-related offences at the time.

In December 2022, he had been handed a 16-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, for possession of Class A and Class B drugs, as well as for "being concerned in the supply" of Class B drugs.

Re: Fully-unqualified chav-cyclist who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<kq4s0kFj4bqU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35045&group=uk.rec.cycling#35045

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Fully-unqualified chav-cyclist who took Nottingham bus and
crashed into car jailed
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 17:43:00 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 16:43 UTC

On 28/10/2023 05:18 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
> SEEMS HE WAS YET ANOTHER DRUGGED UP FULLY-UNQUALIFIED CHAV-CYCLIST.
>
> A "mindless" thief who stole a bus before taking it on a 10-mile joyride has been jailed for one year.
> Josh Redfern got behind the wheel of the vehicle after spotting it parked up in Peveril Drive, Nottingham, on a Friday night in August.
> He then sped off and went through a red light in the city centre - striking a stationary car on the way and writing off the other vehicle.
> The 25-year-old then drove the purple Indigo TrentBarton bus to Borrowash, near Derby, where he abandoned it and fled the scene.

TCCB.

> But he was later caught after Nottinghamshire Police posted a CCTV image of him on Facebook and appealed for witnesses to come forward.
> Officers described his actions as "mindless, reckless and dangerous".

He's only a chav-cyclist!

What more do they expect?

> PC Matt Fisher, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: "He climbed inside a bus and set off into busy city traffic - presumably with no thought of the harm he could potentially cause to other road users.
> "Thankfully no-one was seriously injured, but that is no thanks to Redfern.
> "He wrote off one car after colliding with it and could have harmed anyone else who he came into contact with."
> Redfern, who took the bus on Friday 4 August this year, was sentenced to 12 months in prison during a hearing at Nottingham Crown Court on Thursday.
> He had earlier pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking, failing to stop after an accident, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance [ie, while being nothing but a mere chav-cyclist].
> The court heard Redfern, from Derby, was on a suspended prison sentence for drug-related offences at the time.

TCCB.

> In December 2022, he had been handed a 16-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, for possession of Class A and Class B drugs, as well as for "being concerned in the supply" of Class B drugs.

More TCCB.

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<kq5124Fk42vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35048&group=uk.rec.cycling#35048

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 28 Oct 2023 18:09:08 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 18:09 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> SEEMS HE WAS YET ANOTHER DRUGGED UP DRIVER.

NOPE. HE WAS DRUGGED UP AND STOLE A BUS.

--
Spike

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<594ff018-b6d0-4668-ba54-d8182000c1bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35049&group=uk.rec.cycling#35049

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 11:09:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 18:09 UTC

QUOTE: The court heard Redfern, from Derby, was on a suspended prison sentence for drug-related offences at the time. In December 2022, he had been handed a 16-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, for possession of Class A and Class B drugs, as well as for "being Concerned in the supply" of Class B drugs. ENDS

Bit silly dealing in drugs when you have a suspended sentence hanging over your head.

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<kq5204Fkag1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35053&group=uk.rec.cycling#35053

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 28 Oct 2023 18:25:08 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 18:25 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: The court heard Redfern, from Derby, was on a suspended prison
> sentence for drug-related offences at the time. In December 2022, he had
> been handed a 16-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, for
> possession of Class A and Class B drugs, as well as for "being Concerned
> in the supply" of Class B drugs. ENDS
>
> Bit silly dealing in drugs when you have a suspended sentence hanging over your head.

One must bow to your knowledge of living under a suspended sentence.

--
Spike

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<455ce0e4-ddb7-4251-aec7-67bbc91be807n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35058&group=uk.rec.cycling#35058

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 11:32:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 18:32 UTC

On Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 7:09:43 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: The court heard Redfern, from Derby, was on a suspended prison sentence for drug-related offences at the time. In December 2022, he had been handed a 16-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, for possession of Class A and Class B drugs, as well as for "being Concerned in the supply" of Class B drugs. ENDS
>
> Bit silly dealing in drugs when you have a suspended sentence hanging over your head.

He got a slap on the wrist though

QUOTE: At Nottingham Crown Court he was given a 12-month sentence.ENDS

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<kq52fhFkd73U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35060&group=uk.rec.cycling#35060

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 28 Oct 2023 18:33:21 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 18:33 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 7:09:43 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
>> QUOTE: The court heard Redfern, from Derby, was on a suspended prison
>> sentence for drug-related offences at the time. In December 2022, he had
>> been handed a 16-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, for
>> possession of Class A and Class B drugs, as well as for "being Concerned
>> in the supply" of Class B drugs. ENDS
>>
>> Bit silly dealing in drugs when you have a suspended sentence hanging over your head.
>
> He got a slap on the wrist though
>
> QUOTE: At Nottingham Crown Court he was given a 12-month sentence.ENDS

He should have opted for Snaresbrook.

--
Spike

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<3dcaeb06-b341-4d42-a975-7c1ce8d6c560n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35062&group=uk.rec.cycling#35062

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 11:35:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 18:35 UTC

QUOTE: Nottinghamshire Police said Redfern, of Bethulie Road, Cavendish, Derby, took the bus at about 20:00 BST and went through a red light in Castle Boulevard before hitting a stationary car, writing it off. ENDS

He "wrote off" the bus? Goodness!

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<kq7ev1F6m2oU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35093&group=uk.rec.cycling#35093

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 16:18:42 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 16:18 UTC

On 28/10/2023 07:09 pm, Spike wrote:

> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> SEEMS HE WAS YET ANOTHER DRUGGED UP DRIVER.
>
> NOPE. HE WAS DRUGGED UP AND STOLE A BUS.

TCCB.

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<4764d0e2-2e23-4041-869b-03577acd7752n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35099&group=uk.rec.cycling#35099

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 09:39:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 16:39 UTC

QUOTE:
He had been jailed for 16 weeks, suspended for 12 months, in December for possession of Class A and Class B drugs, as well as being concerned in the supply of Class B drugs. ENDS

Driving a bus around your drug customers in their council estate hovels in not exactly keeping a low profile, is it?

Re: Chav-cyclist who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<kq7jpqF7nglU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35110&group=uk.rec.cycling#35110

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 17:41:14 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 17:41 UTC

On 29/10/2023 04:39 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE:
> He had been jailed for 16 weeks, suspended for 12 months, in December for possession of Class A and Class B drugs, as well as being concerned in the supply of Class B drugs. ENDS
> Driving a bus around your drug customers in their council estate hovels in not exactly keeping a low profile, is it?

It's what chav-cyclists do, though, innit?

I shall defer to you on the matter of Nottingham council estates. I'm
sure you are much more familiar with them than I am or ever will be.

Re: Man who took Nottingham bus and crashed into car jailed

<40adb05a-e685-49ef-b015-d150631d3f8dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35117&group=uk.rec.cycling#35117

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 11:08:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 18:08 UTC

QUOTE: A man who took a bus through a busy city centre, ran a red light, smashed into a stationary car and dumped it 10 miles (16km) away has been jailed.ENDS

Did the car he hit have its parking lights on?