You can do more with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word. -- Al Capone

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Taxi driver jailed after assaulting female passenger

SubjectAuthor
* Taxi driver jailed after assaulting female passengerSimon Mason
+- Re: Taxi driver jailed after assaulting female passengerJNugent
`- Re: Taxi driver jailed after assaulting female passengerSimon Mason

1
Taxi driver jailed after assaulting female passenger

<35921871-3c4b-4ea5-a332-e26cd36052c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35104&group=uk.rec.cycling#35104

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 09:55:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Taxi driver jailed after assaulting female passenger
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 16:55 UTC

A taxi driver who sexually assaulted a young woman has been jailed – thanks to the quick-thinking and tenacity of his victim.

Khalil Lali, aged 44, targeted the woman after picking her up from a night out in Nottingham city centre on 20 September 2022.

As his passenger sat in the front seat, Lali repeatedly grabbed her hand and forcefully held it on the front of his trousers.

The woman fled the vehicle near her home but was able to record a brief video showing the make of her attacker’s car and its numberplate.

Lali was arrested the following morning and denied the allegations against him – even claiming in one police interview that his victim had initiated the contact in lieu of payment.

This story, however, was contradicted by damning CCTV evidence showing that the contact had occurred much earlier in the journey as he drove through the city centre.

Lali, of Austen Avenue, Forest Fields, denied a single charge of sexual assault but was found guilty by a jury at Nottingham Crown Court.

Appearing at the same venue on Friday (15 September) Lali was jailed for three years and four months.

Detective Constable Rory Greer, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “This was an appalling attack by a man who – as a licensed taxi driver – was in a position of trust over his victim.

“Lali clearly thought he could behave in this way without consequence but hadn’t reckoned on the quick-thinking and tenacity of his victim.

“Although she was understandably distraught at what had happened to her, she still had the presence of mind to record crucial details of Lali’s vehicle that allowed us to place him at the scene. She really did an amazing job and I am full of admiration for her.

“I am pleased that Lali has been bought to justice and won’t be able to target any other women in this way in the future.

“I also hope this case serves to encourage other victims of sexual assaults to come forward. We will investigate and will take positive action to protect the public from harm.”

https://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/news/nottinghamshire/news/news/2023/september/taxi-driver-jailed-after-assaulting-female-passenger/

Re: Taxi driver jailed after assaulting female passenger

<kq7jdsF7nglU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35106&group=uk.rec.cycling#35106

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 17:34:52 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 17:34 UTC

On 29/10/2023 04:55 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A taxi driver who sexually assaulted a young woman has been jailed – thanks to the quick-thinking and tenacity of his victim.
> Khalil Lali, aged 44, targeted the woman after picking her up from a night out in Nottingham city centre on 20 September 2022.
> As his passenger sat in the front seat, Lali repeatedly grabbed her hand and forcefully held it on the front of his trousers.
> The woman fled the vehicle near her home but was able to record a brief video showing the make of her attacker’s car and its numberplate.
> Lali was arrested the following morning and denied the allegations against him – even claiming in one police interview that his victim had initiated the contact in lieu of payment.
> This story, however, was contradicted by damning CCTV evidence showing that the contact had occurred much earlier in the journey as he drove through the city centre.
> Lali, of Austen Avenue, Forest Fields, denied a single charge of sexual assault but was found guilty by a jury at Nottingham Crown Court.
> Appearing at the same venue on Friday (15 September) Lali was jailed for three years and four months.
> Detective Constable Rory Greer, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “This was an appalling attack by a man who – as a licensed taxi driver – was in a position of trust over his victim.
> “Lali clearly thought he could behave in this way without consequence but hadn’t reckoned on the quick-thinking and tenacity of his victim.
> “Although she was understandably distraught at what had happened to her, she still had the presence of mind to record crucial details of Lali’s vehicle that allowed us to place him at the scene. She really did an amazing job and I am full of admiration for her.
> “I am pleased that Lali has been bought to justice and won’t be able to target any other women in this way in the future.
> “I also hope this case serves to encourage other victims of sexual assaults to come forward. We will investigate and will take positive action to protect the public from harm.”

> https://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/news/nottinghamshire/news/news/2023/september/taxi-driver-jailed-after-assaulting-female-passenger/

All's well that ends well.

Where was the chav-cyclist?

Re: Taxi driver jailed after assaulting female passenger

<06e7abfb-6cc0-4dbc-bb85-ffc4e21be348n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35113&group=uk.rec.cycling#35113

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 11:01:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 18:01 UTC

On Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 4:55:33 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE: A taxi driver who sexually assaulted a young woman has been jailed – thanks to the quick-thinking and tenacity of his victim. ENgeDS

What did the late Medway Bodgejob say about these cases?
Seems to have escaped my memory.