A diva who specializes in risque arias is an off-coloratura soprano.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Two Oldham taxi drivers who used NIP farms to avoid prosecution fined and handed points on their licence

SubjectAuthor
* Two Oldham taxi drivers who used NIP farms to avoid prosecution finedSimon Mason
`- Re: Two Oldham taxi drivers who used NIP farms to avoid prosecutionJNugent

1
Two Oldham taxi drivers who used NIP farms to avoid prosecution fined and handed points on their licence

<02fae972-4991-46cb-84fc-bb6b03e1c23en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35200&group=uk.rec.cycling#35200

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 11:33:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Two Oldham taxi drivers who used NIP farms to avoid prosecution fined
and handed points on their licence
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 18:33 UTC

A pair of taxi drivers from Oldham who tried to avoid prosecution for traffic offenses by using Notice of Impending Prosecution (NIP) Farms have been found guilty of failing to provide driver details.

Ashiq Parvez (03/04/1974) of Brewerton Road, Oldham, claimed that on Tuesday 11 October 2022 another individual was test driving his taxi when the car activated a camera on the M62 for failing to comply with red/green arrow/lane closure signals.

Mr Parvez stated he saw the camera flash and subsequently took the details of the person driving his taxi, where in fact, the camera did not flash.

It later transpired that Parvez had a pre-booked fare from Manchester Airport 30 minutes after the camera activation and this would have been his journey to the airport.

The 49-year-old was handed a £288 fine, £85 costs and £115 Victim Surcharge along with six-penalty point endorsement on his driving licence.

Mohammad Rangzaib (08/06/1967) of Brompton Street, Oldham tried to trick prosecutors into thinking that he was not the driver of his vehicle that was caught speeding on Oldham Road on Saturday 12 February 2022.

Rangzaib claimed that he returned the Notice of Impending Prosecution to the Central Ticket Office a few days after receiving it through the post, adding the one the Ticket Office had in their possession was not the same one he posted on March 15.

The NIP Farm he used (at the time of receipt of Mr Rangzaib’s notice) had 133 fictitious/misleading nominations.

A check on all mail received within the Central Ticket office for 16, 17 and 18 March 2022 (covering three full days following when Rangzaib stated he had returned his admission) had no returned notice from him.

The 56-year-old was handed a £450 fine, £85 costs and £45 Victim Surcharge along with six penalty point endorsement on his driving licence.

If you have any information about NIP farm scams – people running them or drivers utilising them – then contact us online via our LiveChat facility, or by anonymously calling the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

More information on keeping safe on our roads can be found here: https://www.gmp.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/rs/road-safety/

https://www.gmp.police.uk/news/greater-manchester/news/news/2023/october/two-oldham-taxi-drivers-who-used-nip-farms-to-avoid-prosecution-fined-and-handed-points-on-their-licence/

Re: Two Oldham taxi drivers who used NIP farms to avoid prosecution fined and handed points on their licence

<kqb3gkF1q92U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35216&group=uk.rec.cycling#35216

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Two Oldham taxi drivers who used NIP farms to avoid prosecution
fined and handed points on their licence
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 01:27:48 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 01:27 UTC

On 30/10/2023 06:33 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A pair of taxi drivers from Oldham who tried to avoid prosecution for traffic offenses by using Notice of Impending Prosecution (NIP) Farms have been found guilty of failing to provide driver details.
>
> Ashiq Parvez (03/04/1974) of Brewerton Road, Oldham, claimed that on Tuesday 11 October 2022 another individual was test driving his taxi when the car activated a camera on the M62 for failing to comply with red/green arrow/lane closure signals.
>
> Mr Parvez stated he saw the camera flash and subsequently took the details of the person driving his taxi, where in fact, the camera did not flash.
>
> It later transpired that Parvez had a pre-booked fare from Manchester Airport 30 minutes after the camera activation and this would have been his journey to the airport.
>
> The 49-year-old was handed a £288 fine, £85 costs and £115 Victim Surcharge along with six-penalty point endorsement on his driving licence.
>
> Mohammad Rangzaib (08/06/1967) of Brompton Street, Oldham tried to trick prosecutors into thinking that he was not the driver of his vehicle that was caught speeding on Oldham Road on Saturday 12 February 2022.
>
> Rangzaib claimed that he returned the Notice of Impending Prosecution to the Central Ticket Office a few days after receiving it through the post, adding the one the Ticket Office had in their possession was not the same one he posted on March 15.
>
> The NIP Farm he used (at the time of receipt of Mr Rangzaib’s notice) had 133 fictitious/misleading nominations.
>
> A check on all mail received within the Central Ticket office for 16, 17 and 18 March 2022 (covering three full days following when Rangzaib stated he had returned his admission) had no returned notice from him.
>
> The 56-year-old was handed a £450 fine, £85 costs and £45 Victim Surcharge along with six penalty point endorsement on his driving licence.
>
> If you have any information about NIP farm scams – people running them or drivers utilising them – then contact us online via our LiveChat facility, or by anonymously calling the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
>
> More information on keeping safe on our roads can be found here: https://www.gmp.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/rs/road-safety/
>
> https://www.gmp.police.uk/news/greater-manchester/news/news/2023/october/two-oldham-taxi-drivers-who-used-nip-farms-to-avoid-prosecution-fined-and-handed-points-on-their-licence/

That's right.

It makes no sense at all.