No skis take rocks like rental skis!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

SubjectAuthor
* Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atSimon Mason
+- Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atJNugent
+* Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atSimon Mason
|+- Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & threeSpike
|`* Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atSimon Mason
| `* Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atSimon Mason
|  +- Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atJNugent
|  `* Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atSimon Mason
|   +- Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & threeSpike
|   `- Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atSimon Mason
+* Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atSimon Mason
|`- Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & threeSpike
`* Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atSimon Mason
 +- Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & threeSpike
 `- Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids atJNugent

1
Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<d1b621ff-f991-4924-9f3f-0adb7dc0993en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35152&group=uk.rec.cycling#35152

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 07:05:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:05 UTC

A DRIVER who ploughed her car into a family has been released after a spending just a week behind bars.

Melanie Grierson, 52, hit a mother and her three children as they crossed the A73 in Carluke, Lanarkshire.

The mum spotted Grierson's Fiat 500 coming towards her and desperately tried to push her children, who were aged seven, four and three, to safety but she careered into them.

The impact of the collision sent the mother onto the bonnet of the car and under the vehicle in October 2021.

Grierson was jailed for 12 months on October 17 after she was convicted of dangerous driving by a jury at Airdrie Sheriff Court.

It has now emerged she has been released from custody after she told her lawyers to appeal the sentence.

In a string of posts on social media, brazen Grierson thanked her family and friends for their support.

She also posted photos as she posed with family with the caption 'back where I belong with my girls'.

In another message, unemployed Grierson wrote: "I'll just leave this here. Thanks to each and every one who sent me an email and helped thru the past week.

"I know who are my friends and whose the fake ones, the past week has shown me this.

"I'm now going to spend quality time with my wee family, can't wait to see my wee best buddy."

Horror CCTV footage shown to jurors captured the moment the family, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were struck.

Giving evidence, the 27-year-old mum said: "I thought the car would have stopped because the person would have seen the children but that didn't happen and all I remember is me going on top of the car and then rolling off.

"I remember the car driving over the top of me and me screaming for it to get off me and I was unconscious."

Grierson told the court her attention had been drawn to an ambulance coming up behind her.

She said: "I looked to see whether it was going to overtake me and the next thing I knew, the girl had hit my car.

"I didn't see her until she hit the car and I jumped out to see if I could help."

Defence lawyer Sabrina Baig had asked for Grierson to be spared jail but Sheriff Joseph Hughes ruled the case was so serious he could only impose custody.

The Appeal Court confirmed Grierson had lodged an appeal against her sentence and had been granted 'interim liberation'.

The Scottish Prison Service (SPS) said Grierson was no longer in their custody.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/11446239/dangerous-fiat-500-driver-freed-from-jail/

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<kqa514Fq3lmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35179&group=uk.rec.cycling#35179

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:47:33 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:47 UTC

On 30/10/2023 02:05 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A DRIVER who ploughed her car into a family has been released after a spending just a week behind bars.
>
> Melanie Grierson, 52, hit a mother and her three children as they crossed the A73 in Carluke, Lanarkshire.
>
> The mum spotted Grierson's Fiat 500 coming towards her and desperately tried to push her children, who were aged seven, four and three, to safety but she careered into them.
>
> The impact of the collision sent the mother onto the bonnet of the car and under the vehicle in October 2021.
>
> Grierson was jailed for 12 months on October 17 after she was convicted of dangerous driving by a jury at Airdrie Sheriff Court.
>
> It has now emerged she has been released from custody after she told her lawyers to appeal the sentence.
>
> In a string of posts on social media, brazen Grierson thanked her family and friends for their support.
>
> She also posted photos as she posed with family with the caption 'back where I belong with my girls'.
>
> In another message, unemployed Grierson wrote: "I'll just leave this here. Thanks to each and every one who sent me an email and helped thru the past week.
>
> "I know who are my friends and whose the fake ones, the past week has shown me this.
>
> "I'm now going to spend quality time with my wee family, can't wait to see my wee best buddy."
>
> Horror CCTV footage shown to jurors captured the moment the family, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were struck.
>
> Giving evidence, the 27-year-old mum said: "I thought the car would have stopped because the person would have seen the children but that didn't happen and all I remember is me going on top of the car and then rolling off.
>
> "I remember the car driving over the top of me and me screaming for it to get off me and I was unconscious."
>
> Grierson told the court her attention had been drawn to an ambulance coming up behind her.
>
> She said: "I looked to see whether it was going to overtake me and the next thing I knew, the girl had hit my car.
>
> "I didn't see her until she hit the car and I jumped out to see if I could help."
>
> Defence lawyer Sabrina Baig had asked for Grierson to be spared jail but Sheriff Joseph Hughes ruled the case was so serious he could only impose custody.
>
> The Appeal Court confirmed Grierson had lodged an appeal against her sentence and had been granted 'interim liberation'.
>
> The Scottish Prison Service (SPS) said Grierson was no longer in their custody.
>
> https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/11446239/dangerous-fiat-500-driver-freed-from-jail/

It is hardly unheard of for a prisoner to be bailed pending appeal.

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<1acb969e-eb15-496a-b119-44c64d43b25cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35191&group=uk.rec.cycling#35191

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 11:18:04 -0700 (PDT)
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 18:18 UTC

QUOTE: Giving evidence, the 27-year-old mum said: "I thought the car would have stopped because the person would have seen the children but that didn't happen and all I remember is me going on top of the car and then rolling off. ENDS

You obviously cannot look inside the mind of your average thug in a car.

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<kqan3hFtr6vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35206&group=uk.rec.cycling#35206

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three
kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
Date: 30 Oct 2023 21:56:02 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 21:56 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: Giving evidence, the 27-year-old mum said: "I thought the car
> would have stopped because the person would have seen the children but
> that didn't happen and all I remember is me going on top of the car and
> then rolling off. ENDS
>
> You obviously cannot look inside the mind of your average thug in a car.

Or on a bicycle…just ask Auriol Grey about reading other people’s minds.

--
Spike

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<dacd99c4-762b-42df-84f2-d23e933acd44n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35219&group=uk.rec.cycling#35219

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 21:03:40 -0700 (PDT)
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 04:03 UTC

QUOTE:
"I remember the car driving over the top of me and me screaming for it to get off me and I was unconscious." ENDS

The driver will get a long sentence for this after the courts get their fingers out.

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<kqc35uF8gjmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35241&group=uk.rec.cycling#35241

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
Date: 31 Oct 2023 10:28:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:28 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE:
> "I remember the car driving over the top of me and me screaming for it to
> get off me and I was unconscious." ENDS

> The driver will get a long sentence for this after the courts get their fingers out.

That didn’t happen here - do you know why?

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Dibbles_Bridge_coach_crash>

--
Spike

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<ae49d296-753a-47a0-8a77-37f196db4f79n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35251&group=uk.rec.cycling#35251

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 04:19:45 -0700 (PDT)
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 11:19 UTC

QUOTE:
Grierson was jailed for 12 months on October 17 after she was convicted of dangerous driving by a jury at Airdrie Sheriff Court. ENDS

Any bets on the increased length of the final verdict?

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<kqc6bhF9ag5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35255&group=uk.rec.cycling#35255

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
Date: 31 Oct 2023 11:22:26 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 11:22 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE:
> Grierson was jailed for 12 months on October 17 after she was convicted
> of dangerous driving by a jury at Airdrie Sheriff Court. ENDS

> Any bets on the increased length of the final verdict?

Is there another verdict after the verdict?

--
Spike

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<04b53c7b-bad6-42cc-b63d-e35a716ad002n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35258&group=uk.rec.cycling#35258

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 04:27:04 -0700 (PDT)
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 11:27 UTC

QUOTE: He admitted that he had spent most of the night before he set out on his journey on the phone to a woman called Kristeen Panter. ENDS

Ooo - one of THOSE phone calls? ;-)

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<kqcmaoFcjviU9@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35292&group=uk.rec.cycling#35292

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 15:55:04 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 15:55 UTC

On 31/10/2023 11:19 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE:
> Grierson was jailed for 12 months on October 17 after she was convicted of dangerous driving by a jury at Airdrie Sheriff Court. ENDS
>
> Any bets on the increased length of the final verdict?

How does one measure the "length" of a verdict?

Word count?

Sides of A4?

How?

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<f69733e2-da81-4eb6-9f48-4341416db81dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35296&group=uk.rec.cycling#35296

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 08:58:40 -0700 (PDT)
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 15:58 UTC

On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 11:27:06 AM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: He admitted that he had spent most of the night before he set out on his journey on the phone to a woman called Kristeen Panter. ENDS
>
> Ooo - one of THOSE phone calls? ;-)

What did his wife and kids think of all of these new women on this dating site?

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<kqcmtcFcjviU14@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35303&group=uk.rec.cycling#35303

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:05:00 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:05 UTC

On 31/10/2023 03:58 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 11:27:06 AM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
>> QUOTE: He admitted that he had spent most of the night before he set out on his journey on the phone to a woman called Kristeen Panter. ENDS
>>
>> Ooo - one of THOSE phone calls? ;-)
>
> What did his wife and kids think of all of these new women on this dating site?

You actually don't know a thing about the subject, do you?

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<ddf018f1-f949-4a8a-ab04-1cb1fddafd73n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35308&group=uk.rec.cycling#35308

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 09:07:38 -0700 (PDT)
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:07 UTC

On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 3:58:42 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 11:27:06 AM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> > QUOTE: He admitted that he had spent most of the night before he set out on his journey on the phone to a woman called Kristeen Panter. ENDS
> >
> > Ooo - one of THOSE phone calls? ;-)
> What did his wife and kids think of all of these new women on this dating site?

Especially "Miss Panter" - LOL.

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<kqcnsoFd2rtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35310&group=uk.rec.cycling#35310

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
Date: 31 Oct 2023 16:21:44 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:21 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 3:58:42 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 11:27:06 AM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
>>> QUOTE: He admitted that he had spent most of the night before he set
>>> out on his journey on the phone to a woman called Kristeen Panter. ENDS
>>>
>>> Ooo - one of THOSE phone calls? ;-)

>> What did his wife and kids think of all of these new women on this dating site?

> Especially "Miss Panter" - LOL.

Of course, no-one has ever found anything ‘demi-monde’ on your
computer…have they?

--
Spike

Re: Dangerous Fiat 500 driver who ploughed into mum & three kids at crossing freed from jail after a WEEK

<8ab2d470-e054-4305-9d57-8dfebe7fcd4dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35320&group=uk.rec.cycling#35320

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 09:51:12 -0700 (PDT)
crossing freed from jail after a WEEK
From: swldxer1964@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:51 UTC

On Tuesday, 31 October 2023 at 16:07:39 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 3:58:42 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> > On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 11:27:06 AM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> > > QUOTE: He admitted that he had spent most of the night before he set out on his journey on the phone to a woman called Kristeen Panter. ENDS
> > >
> > > Ooo - one of THOSE phone calls? ;-)
> > What did his wife and kids think of all of these new women on this dating site?
> Especially "Miss Panter" - LOL.
Feel sorry for the TEN men he killed.