God is love, but get it in writing. -- Gypsy Rose Lee

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Luton burglar jailed after driving on the wrong side of the road in stolen vehicle during police chase

SubjectAuthor
* Luton burglar jailed after driving on the wrong side of the road inSimon Mason
+- Re: Luton burglar jailed after driving on the wrong side of the roadJNugent
`- Re: Luton burglar jailed after driving on the wrong side of the roadSimon Mason

1
Luton burglar jailed after driving on the wrong side of the road in stolen vehicle during police chase

<69df3203-fa7b-48cd-9b0c-143e24657fd0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35372&group=uk.rec.cycling#35372

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 04:50:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Luton burglar jailed after driving on the wrong side of the road in
stolen vehicle during police chase
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 11:50 UTC

A burglar from Luton has been jailed for more than five years for leading police on a pursuit in a stolen vehicle.

Police received a report of a burglary at a property in Common Road, Kensworth in the early hours of February 21. Two laptops and a car were stolen. Minutes after the report was made, an officer spotted the stolen car and attempted to pull it over. But the driver, 45-year-old James Lake, failed to stop.

He led police on a pursuit through Luton and Dunstable, reaching speeds of 80mph in 30mph zones and driving on the wrong side of the road. In a bid to escape, he rammed into a police car, but officers eventually brought the stolen vehicle to a safe stop.

Detectives from Bedfordshire Police’s burglary unit, Operation Maze, found that Lake was also responsible for a burglary and an attempted burglary at properties in Hebden Close in Luton on February 15, after they identified him from CCTV footage.

During one incident, Lake pretended to be a police officer conducting a ‘check’ of the property following a nearby burglary after unintentionally waking the victim.

By the time Lake had left the scene, the victim realised a crime had been committed after noticing damage to a window and internal lock.

Lake, of Saltfield Crescent, Luton, pleaded guilty to two counts of burglary, one count of attempted burglary, and one count of dangerous driving.

He was sentenced at Luton Crown Court on Thursday (October 26) to four years and four months in prison for the burglary offences, and 10 months for dangerous driving. He has also been banned from driving for four years.

Detective Constable Andy Boston, who led the investigation, said: “Lake’s actions were alarmingly brazen and reckless, indicating a blatant disregard for both the law and the safety of others.

“Burglary and other serious crime have no place in our society, and we will continue to do everything in our power to protect our communities and ensure those who threaten their security and wellbeing face the consequences.”

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/crime/luton-burglar-jailed-after-driving-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-road-in-stolen-vehicle-during-police-chase-4393126

Re: Luton burglar jailed after driving on the wrong side of the road in stolen vehicle during police chase

<kqessnFqvu5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35376&group=uk.rec.cycling#35376

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Luton burglar jailed after driving on the wrong side of the road
in stolen vehicle during police chase
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 11:59:19 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 11:59 UTC

On 01/11/2023 11:50 am, Simon Misogyny wrote:

> A burglar from Luton has been jailed for more than five years for leading police on a pursuit in a stolen vehicle.
> Police received a report of a burglary at a property in Common Road, Kensworth in the early hours of February 21. Two laptops and a car were stolen. Minutes after the report was made, an officer spotted the stolen car and attempted to pull it over. But the driver, 45-year-old James Lake, failed to stop.
> He led police on a pursuit through Luton and Dunstable, reaching speeds of 80mph in 30mph zones and driving on the wrong side of the road. In a bid to escape, he rammed into a police car, but officers eventually brought the stolen vehicle to a safe stop.
> Detectives from Bedfordshire Police’s burglary unit, Operation Maze, found that Lake was also responsible for a burglary and an attempted burglary at properties in Hebden Close in Luton on February 15, after they identified him from CCTV footage.
> During one incident, Lake pretended to be a police officer conducting a ‘check’ of the property following a nearby burglary after unintentionally waking the victim.
> By the time Lake had left the scene, the victim realised a crime had been committed after noticing damage to a window and internal lock.
> Lake, of Saltfield Crescent, Luton, pleaded guilty to two counts of burglary, one count of attempted burglary, and one count of dangerous driving.
> He was sentenced at Luton Crown Court on Thursday (October 26) to four years and four months in prison for the burglary offences, and 10 months for dangerous driving. He has also been banned from driving for four years.
> Detective Constable Andy Boston, who led the investigation, said: “Lake’s actions were alarmingly brazen and reckless, indicating a blatant disregard for both the law and the safety of others.
> “Burglary and other serious crime have no place in our society, and we will continue to do everything in our power to protect our communities and ensure those who threaten their security and wellbeing face the consequences.”

> https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/crime/luton-burglar-jailed-after-driving-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-road-in-stolen-vehicle-during-police-chase-4393126

But *who* was on the *chav-cycle*?

Re: Luton burglar jailed after driving on the wrong side of the road in stolen vehicle during police chase

<d817d213-fbe3-459b-bae7-d463d51de3d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35386&group=uk.rec.cycling#35386

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 06:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
in stolen vehicle during police chase
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 13:44 UTC

QUOTE: He led police on a pursuit through Luton and Dunstable, reaching speeds of 80mph in 30mph zones and driving on the wrong side of the road. In a bid to escape, he rammed into a police car, but officers eventually brought the stolen vehicle to a safe stop. ENDS

More than FIVE years is not too shabby a stretch for this piece of scum.