From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Cycling for leisure: rates fall in 2022
Date: 7 Nov 2023 10:51:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 10:51 UTC

Official data, not overblown cyclist-group hype:

Cycling for leisure

The proportion of adults cycling for leisure at least once per week has
decreased slightly in comparison to 2021, falling from 6% to 5%. This is
the lowest level of cycling for leisure seen since the Active Lives Survey
first began.

Regional levels of cycling for leisure at least once a week remain similar
in 2022 compared to 2021 with small decreases in all regions. Each of the
regions witnessed increases in cycling for leisure during 2020, however,
current cycling levels for this purpose remain lower than 2019, with the
North East falling from 7% in 2019 to 4% in 2022

--
Spike

Re: Cycling for leisure: rates fall in 2022

<kquu12F35hiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35495&group=uk.rec.cycling#35495

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cycling for leisure: rates fall in 2022
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 13:56:50 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 13:56 UTC

On 07/11/2023 10:51 am, Spike wrote:

> Official data, not overblown cyclist-group hype:
>
> Cycling for leisure
>
> The proportion of adults cycling for leisure at least once per week has
> decreased slightly in comparison to 2021, falling from 6% to 5%.

That's a 20% drop!

More than "slight"!

> This is
> the lowest level of cycling for leisure seen since the Active Lives Survey
> first began.
>
> Regional levels of cycling for leisure at least once a week remain similar
> in 2022 compared to 2021 with small decreases in all regions. Each of the
> regions witnessed increases in cycling for leisure during 2020, however,
> current cycling levels for this purpose remain lower than 2019, with the
> North East falling from 7% in 2019 to 4% in 2022

Re: Cycling for leisure: rates fall in 2022

<kquvd1F3e0kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35498&group=uk.rec.cycling#35498

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 7 Nov 2023 14:20:17 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 14:20 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 07/11/2023 10:51 am, Spike wrote:
>>
>> Official data, not overblown cyclist-group hype:
>>
>> Cycling for leisure
>>
>> The proportion of adults cycling for leisure at least once per week has
>> decreased slightly in comparison to 2021, falling from 6% to 5%.
>
> That's a 20% drop!
>
> More than "slight"!

Quite!

--
Spike

Re: Cycling for leisure: rates fall in 2022

<kquvvmF3fivU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35500&group=uk.rec.cycling#35500

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 14:30:14 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 14:30 UTC

On 07/11/2023 02:20 pm, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 07/11/2023 10:51 am, Spike wrote:
>>>
>>> Official data, not overblown cyclist-group hype:
>>>
>>> Cycling for leisure
>>>
>>> The proportion of adults cycling for leisure at least once per week has
>>> decreased slightly in comparison to 2021, falling from 6% to 5%.
>>
>> That's a 20% drop!
>>
>> More than "slight"!
>
> Quite!

Qualification:

"20% drop" here means that the figure used to be estimated as being 20%
higher than it is currently estimated (to the extent that it could ever
be accurately estimated in the first place).

That's just in case anyone comes along and points out that 5 is not 80%
of 6.