From: invalid@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Transport
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 15:18:38 +0000
 by: soup - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 15:18 UTC

I sold a bike on eBay clearly stating "collection in person".
Yet the chappy who won the auction decided to send a courier to pick it up.
I just had DHL refuse to collect it as it was not in a box , now I have
neither the time, money nor the inclination to box it up.
I want to get back to this chap to say so and so transport bikes
'made up'(pedals on front wheel mounted/handle bars straight) not in
boxes, how about contacting them.

Does any one know a company that does this (sure I remember at least one
company did but I can't remember any details.

I do not feel morally objectionable having this chap spend money on
delivery as he is getting a decent ( mid range bike [1] ) for a steal.

[1] A Cannondale trail 7 (£500 quid bike new, less than 30 miles 'on the
clock' for £200) .

Re: Transport

<kqv5t7F4h22U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35502&group=uk.rec.cycling#35502

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Transport
Date: 7 Nov 2023 16:11:19 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 16:11 UTC

soup <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
> I sold a bike on eBay clearly stating "collection in person".
> Yet the chappy who won the auction decided to send a courier to pick it up.
> I just had DHL refuse to collect it as it was not in a box , now I have
> neither the time, money nor the inclination to box it up.
> I want to get back to this chap to say so and so transport bikes
> 'made up'(pedals on front wheel mounted/handle bars straight) not in
> boxes, how about contacting them.
>
> Does any one know a company that does this (sure I remember at least one
> company did but I can't remember any details.
>
> I do not feel morally objectionable having this chap spend money on
> delivery as he is getting a decent ( mid range bike [1] ) for a steal.
>
> [1] A Cannondale trail 7 (£500 quid bike new, less than 30 miles 'on the
> clock' for £200) .

Look for ‘man with van’, or perhaps better for your situation, a ‘man with
van that transports motorcycles’? The latter is likely to have tie-downs
and other protective stuff on the van.

--
Spike