I selected E5 ... but I didn't hear "Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs"!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Hereford teen driver fined by court for broken exhaust

SubjectAuthor
* Hereford teen driver fined by court for broken exhaustSimon Mason
+- Re: Hereford teen driver fined by court for broken exhaustJNugent
`- Re: Hereford teen driver fined by court for broken exhaustSimon Mason

1
Hereford teen driver fined by court for broken exhaust

<b24aaf1f-4916-418e-acf8-3ca965c0c11bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35609&group=uk.rec.cycling#35609

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 03:49:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Hereford teen driver fined by court for broken exhaust
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 11:49 UTC

A TEEN driver has been fined by magistrates after he was caught driving with a dodgy exhaust and worn tyre.

Dafydd Thomas Ford entered a guilty plea to one count of using a vehicle with an exhaust system that was not maintained in a good and efficient working order and one count of using a motor vehicle with the ply or cord exposed to magistrates in Worcester in October.

The court heard from the prosecutor that the 19-year-old had been caught driving a Ford Fiesta in Hereford's Hunderton Road on March 15.

The car was found to have an exhaust system which was not maintained in a good and efficient working order and to have a tyre which had the ply or cord exposed fitted to one of the front wheels.

Ford, of Kingsway, Hereford, was fined £220 and received three penalty points. He was also ordered to pay prosecution costs of £90 and an £88 victim surcharge.

https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/23913103.hereford-teen-driver-fined-court-broken-exhaust/

Re: Hereford teen driver fined by court for broken exhaust

<krbuqbFe627U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35612&group=uk.rec.cycling#35612

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 12:30:03 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 12:30 UTC

On 12/11/2023 11:49 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> A TEEN driver has been fined by magistrates after he was caught driving with a dodgy exhaust and worn tyre.
> Dafydd Thomas Ford entered a guilty plea to one count of using a vehicle with an exhaust system that was not maintained in a good and efficient working order and one count of using a motor vehicle with the ply or cord exposed to magistrates in Worcester in October.

It is truly a terrible offence to use a tyre whose ply or cord is
exposed to magistrates.

Indecent, almost.

> The court heard from the prosecutor that the 19-year-old had been caught driving a Ford Fiesta in Hereford's Hunderton Road on March 15.
> The car was found to have an exhaust system which was not maintained in a good and efficient working order and to have a tyre which had the ply or cord exposed fitted to one of the front wheels.
> Ford, of Kingsway, Hereford, was fined £220 and received three penalty points.

That'll be for the tyre.

> He was also ordered to pay prosecution costs of £90 and an £88 victim surcharge.

> https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/23913103.hereford-teen-driver-fined-court-broken-exhaust/

Re: Hereford teen driver fined by court for broken exhaust

<83e03ec2-3270-49d1-9b93-f331915e6779n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35620&group=uk.rec.cycling#35620

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 05:42:03 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 13:42 UTC

QUOTE:

> Dafydd Thomas Ford entered a guilty plea to one count of using a vehicle with an exhaust system that was not maintained in a good and efficient working order. ENDS

Hasn't this fuddy duddy ever heard of loud custom exhausts?
Essential for any chavvy car meet at the local B+Q.