The magic of our first love is our ignorance that it can ever end. -- Benjamin Disraeli

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Buckinghamshire van driver fined for footwell litter

SubjectAuthor
* Buckinghamshire van driver fined for footwell litterSimon Mason
+- Re: Buckinghamshire van driver fined for footwell litterJNugent
`- Re: Buckinghamshire van driver fined for footwell litterSimon Mason

1
Buckinghamshire van driver fined for footwell litter

<094260e9-ae3f-4fd9-b9df-6d61e0a77615n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35624&group=uk.rec.cycling#35624

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 05:51:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Buckinghamshire van driver fined for footwell litter
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 13:51 UTC

A driver has been fined and given points on their licence because their van was so untidy it was "dangerous".

A picture posted on Twitter showed the footwell full of discarded fast food bags and containers.

The vehicle was stopped by Thames Valley Police officers on patrol in Marlow in Buckinghamshire on Monday.

The officers wrote: "A tidy cab=a tidy mind. This was so bad it was dangerous, rubbish under floor pedals." The driver was arrested for an unconnected matter.

The post had attracted more than 130 comments, with one person saying "I wouldn't want to get in it in fear of contracting something" and another commenting "this gives me palpitations, can't stand mess and this is above that."

The penalty was issued to the driver at the scene.

The BBC has asked Thames Valley Police to confirm the size of the fine and the number of penalty points issued.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-48268012

Re: Buckinghamshire van driver fined for footwell litter

<krc7g4Ffl7cU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35629&group=uk.rec.cycling#35629

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 14:58:12 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 14:58 UTC

On 12/11/2023 01:51 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A driver has been fined and given points on their licence because their van was so untidy it was "dangerous".

"their licence", "their van"?

How many of them *were* there?

> A picture posted on Twitter showed the footwell full of discarded fast food bags and containers.
> The vehicle was stopped by Thames Valley Police officers on patrol in Marlow in Buckinghamshire on Monday.
> The officers wrote: "A tidy cab=a tidy mind. This was so bad it was dangerous, rubbish under floor pedals." The driver was arrested for an unconnected matter.
> The post had attracted more than 130 comments, with one person saying "I wouldn't want to get in it in fear of contracting something" and another commenting "this gives me palpitations, can't stand mess and this is above that."
> The penalty was issued to the driver at the scene.
> The BBC has asked Thames Valley Police to confirm the size of the fine and the number of penalty points issued.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-48268012

Re: Buckinghamshire van driver fined for footwell litter

<575ce250-de22-49e3-819a-9d20c8c1815en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35637&group=uk.rec.cycling#35637

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 08:25:33 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 16:25 UTC

On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 1:52:00 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> A driver has been fined and given points on their licence because their van was so untidy it was "dangerous".
>
> A picture posted on Twitter showed the footwell full of discarded fast food bags and containers.
>
> The vehicle was stopped by Thames Valley Police officers on patrol in Marlow in Buckinghamshire on Monday.
>
> The officers wrote: "A tidy cab=a tidy mind. This was so bad it was dangerous, rubbish under floor pedals." The driver was arrested for an unconnected matter.
>
> The post had attracted more than 130 comments, with one person saying "I wouldn't want to get in it in fear of contracting something" and another commenting "this gives me palpitations, can't stand mess and this is above that."
>
> The penalty was issued to the driver at the scene.
>
> The BBC has asked Thames Valley Police to confirm the size of the fine and the number of penalty points issued.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-48268012

What do YOU think of this?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/096F/production/_106951420_d6cj1q0waai-zg3.jpg.webp