From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Cyclist killed - crashed into tree
Date: 13 Nov 2023 12:37:23 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 12:37 UTC

Tributes paid to cyclist who crashed into a tree
10th April 2021
OXFORD

THE HEARTBROKEN family of a cyclist who died after crashing into a tree
have paid tribute to their 'hero'.

Simon Richardson, 58, from Windlehsam, Surrey, died at around 2.40pm on
Sunday (March 4) on the Marlow Road, Henley-on-Thames.

His wife Camilla, and children Emily, Evan and Holly said: “Simon was a
beloved father and husband. He was a passionate cyclist, snowboarder and
sailor and fitter than many half his age. He showed us to dig deeper, to
ride harder and faster and to never give up. He taught us to be
self-sufficient and honest with ourselves.

"He was our motivator, hero and voice of reason – our everything. We will
miss his terrible jokes, his smile and racing him on the slopes.”

Mr Richardson worked as a UK and International Sales Manager for Endura for
11 years.

His bosses also paid tribute to him, saying: “Rest in Peace Simon
Richardson, who was beloved and universally respected.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Camilla and his children
Emily, Evan and Holly as we all come to terms with this colossal loss.
Simon’s contribution is a profoundly important part of what built Endura
into what it is today. His commitment and contribution helped shape the
business and its culture and we would not have had the success that we have
had without him.

"Thank you, Simon, for coming along for the ride for these last 11 years.
It has been an enormous pleasure and privilege to have you as part of this
eclectic family through Endura’s formative years. Your positive presence,
impact and influence will live on here for a very long time to come. We
miss you already.”

Last week police appealed for any witnesses to get in touch with dash-cam
footage or information by calling 101 and using the reference 3210141362.

<https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19224096.tributes-paid-cyclist-crashed-tree/>

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist killed - crashed into tree

<uiu5ik$t7p0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35698&group=uk.rec.cycling#35698

From: muzhmuzh@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cyclist killed - crashed into tree
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 10:48:03 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:48 UTC

On 14/11/23 01:37, Spike wrote:

> Tributes paid to cyclist who crashed into a tree
> 10th April 2021
> OXFORD
>
> THE HEARTBROKEN family of a cyclist who died after crashing into a tree
> have paid tribute to their 'hero'.
>
> Simon Richardson, 58, from Windlehsam, Surrey, died at around 2.40pm on
> Sunday (March 4) on the Marlow Road, Henley-on-Thames.
>
> His wife Camilla, and children Emily, Evan and Holly said: “Simon was a
> beloved father and husband. He was a passionate cyclist, snowboarder and
> sailor and fitter than many half his age. He showed us to dig deeper, to
> ride harder and faster and to never give up. He taught us to be
> self-sufficient and honest with ourselves.
>
> "He was our motivator, hero and voice of reason – our everything. We will
> miss his terrible jokes, his smile and racing him on the slopes.”
>
> Mr Richardson worked as a UK and International Sales Manager for Endura for
> 11 years.
>
> His bosses also paid tribute to him, saying: “Rest in Peace Simon
> Richardson, who was beloved and universally respected.
>
> “Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Camilla and his children
> Emily, Evan and Holly as we all come to terms with this colossal loss.
> Simon’s contribution is a profoundly important part of what built Endura
> into what it is today. His commitment and contribution helped shape the
> business and its culture and we would not have had the success that we have
> had without him.
>
> "Thank you, Simon, for coming along for the ride for these last 11 years.
> It has been an enormous pleasure and privilege to have you as part of this
> eclectic family through Endura’s formative years. Your positive presence,
> impact and influence will live on here for a very long time to come. We
> miss you already.”
>
> Last week police appealed for any witnesses to get in touch with dash-cam
> footage or information by calling 101 and using the reference 3210141362.
>
> <https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19224096.tributes-paid-cyclist-crashed-tree/>

I trust the tree has been arrested, charged and jailed.