He is considered a most graceful speaker who can say nothing in the most words.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Motorist fined by courts for driving at 70mph on M6

SubjectAuthor
* Motorist fined by courts for driving at 70mph on M6Simon Mason
+- Re: Motorist fined by courts for driving at 70mph on M6JNugent
`- Re: Motorist fined by courts for driving at 70mph on M6Simon Mason

1
Motorist fined by courts for driving at 70mph on M6

<757aaa97-ee74-4d7c-8945-2fa5f77c79d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35659&group=uk.rec.cycling#35659

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 05:34:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Motorist fined by courts for driving at 70mph on M6
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:34 UTC

A MOTORIST has been handed a hefty financial penalty by the courts for speeding.

Michael Boothman was caught driving at 70mph on the motorway heading into Warrington.

The 27-year-old, of New Moss Road in Cadishead, was driving on the M6 northbound at the time.

His case was heard before Warrington Magistrates’ Court this week on a count of driving exceeding the speed limit.

The court heard how this offence occurred on May 12 between junctions 18 for Middlewich and Holmes Chapel and 19 for Northwich and Knutsford at Tabley..

The defendant drove a black Vauxhall Insignia on a section of road that is subject to a temporary speed limit.

This was set at 60mph, with Boothman being recorded ‘by means of Home Office approved device’ driving at 70 mph.

He pleaded guilty to the offence and was ordered to pay a total of £200, broken down into a fine of £72, surcharge to fund victim services of £28 and court costs of £100.

In addition, his driving record has been endorsed with three points.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23914924.motorist-fined-courts-driving-70mph-m6/

Re: Motorist fined by courts for driving at 70mph on M6

<kren9cFt842U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35662&group=uk.rec.cycling#35662

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:39:57 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:39 UTC

On 13/11/2023 01:34 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A MOTORIST has been handed a hefty financial penalty by the courts for speeding.
> Michael Boothman was caught driving at 70mph on the motorway heading into Warrington.
> The 27-year-old, of New Moss Road in Cadishead, was driving on the M6 northbound at the time.
> His case was heard before Warrington Magistrates’ Court this week on a count of driving exceeding the speed limit.
> The court heard how this offence occurred on May 12 between junctions 18 for Middlewich and Holmes Chapel and 19 for Northwich and Knutsford at Tabley.

Know it well.

That area, plus the M6 stretch of twenty or so miles north of the A556
junction, is the biggest and longest-lived job creation scheme ever seen
in the UK. I can't remember the last time the route was clear of roadworks.

> The defendant drove a black Vauxhall Insignia on a section of road that is subject to a temporary speed limit.
> This was set at 60mph, with Boothman being recorded ‘by means of Home Office approved device’ driving at 70 mph.
> He pleaded guilty to the offence and was ordered to pay a total of £200, broken down into a fine of £72, surcharge to fund victim services of £28 and court costs of £100.
> In addition, his driving record has been endorsed with three points.

I wonder whether he opted for a mags' trial?

After al, exceeding a 60 by 10% +4mph is definitely NIP / FPN territory.

> https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23914924.motorist-fined-courts-driving-70mph-m6/

Who was the chav on the chav-bike, though?

Re: Motorist fined by courts for driving at 70mph on M6

<fbebbddd-b46b-4cca-9a2b-f8c010b7afb8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35666&group=uk.rec.cycling#35666

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 05:46:13 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:46 UTC

On Monday, November 13, 2023 at 1:34:23 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> A MOTORIST has been handed a hefty financial penalty by the courts for speeding.
>
> Michael Boothman was caught driving at 70mph on the motorway heading into Warrington.
>
> The 27-year-old, of New Moss Road in Cadishead, was driving on the M6 northbound at the time.
>
> His case was heard before Warrington Magistrates’ Court this week on a count of driving exceeding the speed limit.
>
> The court heard how this offence occurred on May 12 between junctions 18 for Middlewich and Holmes Chapel and 19 for Northwich and Knutsford at Tabley.
>
> The defendant drove a black Vauxhall Insignia on a section of road that is subject to a temporary speed limit.
>
> This was set at 60mph, with Boothman being recorded ‘by means of Home Office approved device’ driving at 70 mph.
>
> He pleaded guilty to the offence and was ordered to pay a total of £200, broken down into a fine of £72, surcharge to fund victim services of £28 and court costs of £100.
>
> In addition, his driving record has been endorsed with three points.
>
> https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23914924.motorist-fined-courts-driving-70mph-m6/

Some idiot drivers don't believe that these temporary speed limits are valid - THEY ARE.