Are we on STRIKE yet?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

SubjectAuthor
* Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killingSimon Mason
+* Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killingJNugent
|`- Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life forSpike
+* Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killingSimon Mason
|+- Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life forSpike
|+* Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killingSimon Mason
||+- Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life forSpike
||`* Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killingSimon Mason
|| `* Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life forSpike
||  `* Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killingJNugent
||   `- Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life forSpike
|`- Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killingSimon Mason
`* Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killingSimon Mason
 `- Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life forSpike

1
Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<b24d609d-51ab-434f-aeff-a392a55bd7e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35664&group=uk.rec.cycling#35664

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 05:44:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing
Rotherham FedEx boss
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:44 UTC

A Sheffield delivery driver has been jailed for life for the murder of a manager after hearing he was being suspected from his job.

Sheffield Crown Court was told 49-year-old Ronald Sekanjako flew into a rage after being told he was under investigation and attacked Rotherham FedEx manager Philip David Woodcock when he came to try and help calm the situation.

Mr Woodcock had been looking forward to retirement, said his devastated family.

Today Sekanjako, of Bellhouse Road, Firth Park, has been sentenced to life in prison with a minimum term of 27 years for murder, and a further nine months for assault. The sentences will run concurrently.

Sekanjako had been called to a meeting with one of the warehouse managers on the morning of November 2, 2022, following concerns he had been filling up his work van with fuel at a local petrol station without having the means to pay.

Sekanjako objected to these allegations and became irate, at which point Philip came to try and help.

The jury was told that as Philip took Sekanjako into his office to try to speak to him, Sekanjako slammed the door closed behind him, before stabbing Philip in the chest with a knife he had hidden in a jumper he was carrying. Officers later found a second knife concealed by Sekanjako in the office and a hammer concealed down his sock.

Despite the best efforts of colleagues at the FedEx warehouse on Rother Way in Hellaby, Rotherham, as well as police and ambulance staff, Philip was pronounced deceased at the scene. A post mortem examination later concluded that he died as a result of a stab wound to his heart.

Following a Sheffield Crown Court trial which lasted five days, the jury deliberated for just two-and-a-half hours before finding Sekanjako guilty of murder, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and three counts of possession of an offensive weapon.

After the trial finished on Friday, Philip’s family paid a tribute to him. They said: "After a long and distinguished career, Phil was readying himself for quieter days away from the hustle and bustle of work. He was looking forward to a long and happy retirement, spending days with his wife and wider network of family and friends, doing all the things he'd planned to do.

"On November 2, 2022, all of our lives changed forever through a senseless act, the circumstances of which have haunted us as a family and many others since that day. We are tormented by imagining what our loving husband, dad and brother would have felt during his final moments; trapped, helpless and terrified.

"Our family has been left with a void that it is impossible to fill. He was snatched away from us in the prime of his life, doing what he did most - helping others. As a family, we ask that our privacy remains respected as we seek to continue to come to terms with the immense loss of losing Phil."

Detective Inspector Simon Cartwright, Senior Investigating Officer in the case, said: "I am pleased that Sekanjako has been handed a significant jail term today which will see him spend a large portion of his life behind bars..

"Sekanjako has shown no guilt or emotion throughout the whole of the investigation and trial, and by failing to own up to his actions that November morning, he has made Philip's heartbroken family and friends sit through a trial which saw the details of how he came to tragically lose his life told in detail.

"No one should ever go to work and not come home. Sekanjako took Philip's future and plans for retirement away from him and all who loved him.

"No sentence will bring Philip back but I hope that the conclusion of the court proceedings today provides Philip's family some closure as they try and move forward with their lives."

Det Insp Cartwright added: "Knife Crime continues to take too many lives across the country, and it has to stop. Sadly, this case lies bear the heartbreaking implications of knife crime, and shows how innocent people can lose their lives in a split second as a result of someone's choice to carry and use a knife.

"As a force, we remain intent on tackling knife crime, and we will continue to take robust action against those found to be carrying knives. I would urge anyone who has concerns that someone they know may be carrying a knife to reach out to us - we will support you."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/philip-woodcock-murder-sheffield-delivery-ronald-sekanjako-jailed-for-life-killing-rotherham-fedex-boss-4407681

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<krep43FtctfU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35668&group=uk.rec.cycling#35668

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Rotherham FedEx boss
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:11:16 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:11 UTC

On 13/11/2023 01:44 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A Sheffield delivery driver has been jailed for life for the murder of a manager after hearing he was being suspected from his job.

After hearing WHAT...?

> [...]
> "No sentence will bring Philip back but I hope that the conclusion of the court proceedings today provides Philip's family some closure as they try and move forward with their lives."
> Det Insp Cartwright added: "Knife Crime continues to take too many lives across the country, and it has to stop. Sadly, this case lies bear the heartbreaking implications of knife crime, and shows how innocent people can lose their lives in a split second as a result of someone's choice to carry and use a knife.
> "As a force, we remain intent on tackling knife crime, and we will continue to take robust action against those found to be carrying knives. I would urge anyone who has concerns that someone they know may be carrying a knife to reach out to us - we will support you."

What did the chav-bike have to do with it?

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<kreqcvFtt8lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35669&group=uk.rec.cycling#35669

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for
killing Rotherham FedEx boss
Date: 13 Nov 2023 14:33:03 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:33 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 13/11/2023 01:44 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

>> A Sheffield delivery driver has been jailed for life for the murder of a
>> manager after hearing he was being suspected from his job.

> After hearing WHAT...?

Journalists, eh?

--
Spike

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<513eb5ac-4245-4554-bc59-1bc80455eaafn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35673&group=uk.rec.cycling#35673

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:32:51 -0800 (PST)
Rotherham FedEx boss
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:32 UTC

QUOTE: Sekanjako had been called to a meeting with one of the warehouse managers on the morning of November 2, 2022, following concerns he had been filling up his work van with fuel at a local petrol station without having the means to pay. ENDS

Didn't Sunak do exactly the same thing?

"Embarrassing moment Rishi Sunak struggles to use bank card while buying petrol".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/embarrassing-moment-rishi-sunak-struggles-26544513

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<krf2nkFtnjU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35679&group=uk.rec.cycling#35679

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
killing Rotherham FedEx boss
Date: 13 Nov 2023 16:55:16 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:55 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> QUOTE: Sekanjako had been called to a meeting with one of the warehouse
> managers on the morning of November 2, 2022, following concerns he had
> been filling up his work van with fuel at a local petrol station without
> having the means to pay. ENDS

> Didn't Sunak do exactly the same thing?

> "Embarrassing moment Rishi Sunak struggles to use bank card while buying petrol".

> https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/embarrassing-moment-rishi-sunak-struggles-26544513

The difference is…

Sunak had the means to pay.

The van driver didn’t have the means to pay.

See? That was easy. For some, anyway.

--
Spike

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<f4adb1dc-770a-4f89-8e75-04a46f1478acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35683&group=uk.rec.cycling#35683

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:06:19 -0800 (PST)
Rotherham FedEx boss
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 18:06 UTC

QUOTE: Mr Sunak raises his bank card to try and pay using the barcode scanner through the plastic screen not realising it isn't a card machine.

The gaffe was aired on Sky News last night as it emerged that the Chancellor had posed for pictures promoting the Treasury's temporary fuel duty cut using someone else's car.

The millionaire Chancellor arranged a photo opportunity at a Sainsbury's forecourt filling up a Kia Rio - worth about £12,000 - and paying for the petrol himself.

The Cabinet minister, who had a small mic clipped to his tie for the publicity shots, was roundly mocked on social media as pretending to be "a man of the people" while Brits brace for the biggest fall in living standards since records began in the 1950s. ENDS

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<krfd9vF2s14U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35689&group=uk.rec.cycling#35689

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
killing Rotherham FedEx boss
Date: 13 Nov 2023 19:55:43 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 19:55 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> Brits brace for the biggest fall in living standards since records began in the 1950s.

You suck up any old shyte, don’t you?

Records began in the 1950s? Cobblers. For example:

<https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/education/resources/changing-living-standards-1900-1960/>

Previous centuries also available.

--
Spike

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<f3bf11d5-df83-4034-9280-45ba9eb48c38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35692&group=uk.rec.cycling#35692

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 12:06:58 -0800 (PST)
Rotherham FedEx boss
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 20:06 UTC

> The Cabinet minister, who had a small mic clipped to his tie for the publicity shots, was roundly mocked on social media as pretending to be "a man of the people" while Brits brace for the biggest fall in living standards since records began in the 1950s. ENDS

QUOTE: Inflation will average at a towering 7.4% - and could hit almost 9% - in 2022 as Brits brace for the biggest single-year fall in household incomes on record. Unveiling his Spring Statement in the Commons, Rishi Sunak revealed 7.4% as the Chancellor said the nation must prepare for “the economy and public finances to worsen, potentially significantly” as the Russia-Ukraine war hits the UK economy. The independent Office for Budget Responsibility meanwhile predicted real household disposable incomes would fall by a staggering 2.2% in 2022-23 in what will be "the largest fall in a single financial year since ONS records began in 1956-57". It is only the ninth fall in real disposable incomes recorded since records began nearly 70 years ago. ENDS

No mention of the £100bn a year crash due to Brexit - just "Ukraine" and "Covid" that every country has been through. LIES.

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<krfmbmF4ctkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35702&group=uk.rec.cycling#35702

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
killing Rotherham FedEx boss
Date: 13 Nov 2023 22:30:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 22:30 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> QUOTE: Inflation will average at a towering 7.4% - and could hit almost
> 9% - in 2022 as Brits brace for the biggest single-year fall in household
> incomes on record.

And the forecast recession never turned up either, but it did in the EU’s
powerhouse economy known as Germany.

> It is only the ninth fall in real disposable incomes recorded since
> records began nearly 70 years ago. ENDS

So what happened in the recession starting over 100 years ago and which
lasted for 15 years?

> No mention of the £100bn a year crash due to Brexit - just "Ukraine" and
> "Covid" that every country has been through. LIES.

Crash of what?

--
Spike

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<krfs03F58q2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35703&group=uk.rec.cycling#35703

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Rotherham FedEx boss
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 00:06:26 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 00:06 UTC

On 13/11/2023 10:30 pm, Spike wrote:
> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> QUOTE: Inflation will average at a towering 7.4% - and could hit almost
>> 9% - in 2022 as Brits brace for the biggest single-year fall in household
>> incomes on record.
>
> And the forecast recession never turned up either, but it did in the EU’s
> powerhouse economy known as Germany.
>
>> It is only the ninth fall in real disposable incomes recorded since
>> records began nearly 70 years ago. ENDS
>
> So what happened in the recession starting over 100 years ago and which
> lasted for 15 years?
>
>> No mention of the £100bn a year crash due to Brexit - just "Ukraine" and
>> "Covid" that every country has been through. LIES.
>
> Crash of what?

Chav-cycles into lamp-posts?

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<68108681-079f-4f41-8dee-90c90904ff22n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35708&group=uk.rec.cycling#35708

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 23:35:59 -0800 (PST)
Rotherham FedEx boss
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 07:35 UTC

QUOTE: Today Sekanjako, of Bellhouse Road, Firth Park, has been sentenced to life in prison with a minimum term of 27 years for murder, and a further nine months for assault. The sentences will run concurrently. ENDS

The thug will be pushing 80 if and when he gets out of jail - what an idiot.

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<krgsl4Fb5f4U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35713&group=uk.rec.cycling#35713

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
killing Rotherham FedEx boss
Date: 14 Nov 2023 09:23:48 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 09:23 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 13/11/2023 10:30 pm, Spike wrote:
>> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> QUOTE: Inflation will average at a towering 7.4% - and could hit almost
>>> 9% - in 2022 as Brits brace for the biggest single-year fall in household
>>> incomes on record.
>>
>> And the forecast recession never turned up either, but it did in the EU’s
>> powerhouse economy known as Germany.
>>
>>> It is only the ninth fall in real disposable incomes recorded since
>>> records began nearly 70 years ago. ENDS
>>
>> So what happened in the recession starting over 100 years ago and which
>> lasted for 15 years?
>>
>>> No mention of the £100bn a year crash due to Brexit - just "Ukraine" and
>>> "Covid" that every country has been through. LIES.
>>
>> Crash of what?
>
> Chav-cycles into lamp-posts?

Sadly, that’s just the sort of thing they do.

--
Spike

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<krgsl4Fb5f4U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35714&group=uk.rec.cycling#35714

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
killing Rotherham FedEx boss
Date: 14 Nov 2023 09:23:48 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 09:23 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: Today Sekanjako, of Bellhouse Road, Firth Park, has been sentenced
> to life in prison with a minimum term of 27 years for murder, and a
> further nine months for assault. The sentences will run concurrently. ENDS

> The thug will be pushing 80 if and when he gets out of jail - what an idiot.

Some jump off bridges…people do idiotic things sometimes.

--
Spike

Re: Sheffield driver Ronald Sekanjako jailed for life for killing Rotherham FedEx boss

<55b4a3e5-b8e5-4ff4-b74d-57b364eb48cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35717&group=uk.rec.cycling#35717

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 03:39:07 -0800 (PST)
Rotherham FedEx boss
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 11:39 UTC

A FedEx sub-contractor who stabbed a manager to death after he’d been told he was being suspended from work has been sentenced to 27 years in prison.

In a trial that concluded last Friday (10 November), the court heard how 49-year-old Ronald Sekanjako flew into a rage after being told he was under investigation and attacked manager Philip David Woodcock when he came to try and help calm the situation.

Sekanjako had been called to a meeting with one of the warehouse managers on the morning of 2 November 2022, following concerns he had been filling up his work van with fuel at a local petrol station without having the means to pay.

Sekanjako objected to these allegations and became irate, at which point Philip came to try and help. A jury at Sheffield Crown Court was told that as Philip took Sekanjako into his office to try to speak to him, Sekanjako slammed the door closed behind him, before stabbing Philip in the chest with a knife he had hidden in a jumper he was carrying. Officers later found a second knife concealed by Sekanjako in the office and a hammer concealed down his sock.

Despite the best efforts of colleagues at the FedEx warehouse on Rother Way in Hellaby, Rotherham, as well as police and ambulance staff, Philip was sadly pronounced deceased at the scene. A post mortem examination later concluded that he died as a result of a stab wound to his heart.

Following a Sheffield Crown Court trial which lasted five days, the jury deliberated for just two-and-a-half hours before finding Sekanjako guilty of murder, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and three counts of possession of an offensive weapon.

Today (13 November), Sekanjako, of Bellhouse Road, has been sentenced to life in prison with a minimum term of 27 years for murder, and a further nine months for assault. The sentences will run concurrently.

Following the conclusion of the trial on Friday, Philip’s family paid a further tribute to him. They said: "After a long and distinguished career, Phil was readying himself for quieter days away from the hustle and bustle of work. He was looking forward to a long and happy retirement, spending days with his wife and wider network of family and friends, doing all the things he'd planned to do.

"On 2 November 2022, all of our lives changed forever through a senseless act, the circumstances of which have haunted us as a family and many others since that day. We are tormented by imagining what our loving husband, dad and brother would have felt during his final moments; trapped, helpless and terrified.

[...]

DI Cartwright added: "Knife crime continues to take too many lives across the country, and it has to stop. Sadly, this case lies bear the heartbreaking implications of knife crime, and shows how innocent people can lose their lives in a split second as a result of someone's choice to carry and use a knife.

"As a force, we remain intent on tackling knife crime, and we will continue to take robust action against those found to be carrying knives. I would urge anyone who has concerns that someone they know may be carrying a knife to reach out to us - we will support you."

To find out more about our approach to tackling knife crime in South Yorkshire, visit our website.