Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Drivers can now be fined £100 if caught dropping litter from cars

SubjectAuthor
* Drivers can now be fined £100 if caught dropping liSimon Mason
+- Re: Drivers can now be fined £100Spike
+- Re: Drivers can now be fined £100 if caught droppiJNugent
`- Re: Drivers can now be fined £100 if caught droppinSimon Mason

1
Drivers can now be fined £100 if caught dropping litter from cars

<c3ec7ddd-4e45-416d-9ef3-ba9c5f593cf6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35782&group=uk.rec.cycling#35782

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 03:55:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Drivers_can_now_be_fined_£100_if_caught_dropping_li
tter_from_cars
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:55 UTC

Motorists driving in South Gloucestershire can now be fined £100 for dropping litter out of their vehicles. The council has said it will use dashcam, CCTV and mobile phone footage as evidence when issuing fines.

People are encouraged to send any footage of offences being committed to South Gloucestershire Council, via an online link. Evidence of offences will also include witness accounts from the police or council officers.

The new initiative, which was launched yesterday (November 1), is part of the council’s stepped-up approach in its fight against littering. It is part of the Littering from Vehicles (outside London) Regulations which authorises local authorities to carry out enforcement against the registered keepers of vehicles from which litter is thrown or ejected.

The council is able to deal with these offences by issuing Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) which carry a fine of £100, with a reduced rate for payment within the first 10 days of £50. Where an offence is identified the council will send a ‘Notice to Owner’ advising the vehicle’s registered keeper where and when the offence was committed along with the PCN.

The introduction of this initiative will support existing council priorities such as reducing litter on the A4174 Ring Road, Operation Tiedown (waste falling from commercial vehicles) and enhances the powers open to the existing Street Enforcement officers. Councillor Leigh Ingham, cabinet member responsible for environmental enforcement at South Gloucestershire Council, said: “We’re really pleased to increase our ability to tackle littering in the area by introducing this initiative.

"We’re working hard to keep our local roads and streets clean and take littering offences very seriously. Throwing litter from a car is completely unacceptable, whether it’s moving or not. It makes roadsides look awful. I encourage anyone that has video footage of someone littering from a vehicle to send it in to us for investigation.”

Anyone with dashcam, CCTV or mobile phone footage of a littering from vehicles offence can report it to the council via www.southglos.gov.uk/reportit. South Gloucestershire Council has said it will not accept or act upon a witness account that is uncorroborated by one of the above mentioned means due to the possibility of an incorrect vehicle index or a fictitious/malicious complaint.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/drivers-can-now-fined-100-8874794

Re: Drivers can now be fined £100 if caught dropping li tter from cars

<krk3mgF2m6uU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35788&group=uk.rec.cycling#35788

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Drivers can now be fined £100
if caught dropping li tter from cars
Date: 15 Nov 2023 14:42:24 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 14:42 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> Motorists driving in South Gloucestershire can now be fined £100 for
> dropping litter out of their vehicles. The council has said it will use
> dashcam, CCTV and mobile phone footage as evidence when issuing fines.

South Gloucestershire Council are not empowered to issue fines.

--
Spike

Re: Drivers can now be fined £100 if caught dropping litter from cars

<krk82mF3ltqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35789&group=uk.rec.cycling#35789

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Drivers_can_now_be_fined_£100_if_caught_droppi
ng_litter_from_cars
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:57:11 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:57 UTC

On 15/11/2023 11:55 am, Simon Mason wrote:
> Motorists driving in South Gloucestershire can now be fined £100 for dropping litter out of their vehicles. The council has said it will use dashcam, CCTV and mobile phone footage as evidence when issuing fines.
>
> People are encouraged to send any footage of offences being committed to South Gloucestershire Council, via an online link. Evidence of offences will also include witness accounts from the police or council officers.
>
> The new initiative, which was launched yesterday (November 1), is part of the council’s stepped-up approach in its fight against littering. It is part of the Littering from Vehicles (outside London) Regulations which authorises local authorities to carry out enforcement against the registered keepers of vehicles from which litter is thrown or ejected.
>
> The council is able to deal with these offences by issuing Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) which carry a fine of £100, with a reduced rate for payment within the first 10 days of £50. Where an offence is identified the council will send a ‘Notice to Owner’ advising the vehicle’s registered keeper where and when the offence was committed along with the PCN.
>
> The introduction of this initiative will support existing council priorities such as reducing litter on the A4174 Ring Road, Operation Tiedown (waste falling from commercial vehicles) and enhances the powers open to the existing Street Enforcement officers. Councillor Leigh Ingham, cabinet member responsible for environmental enforcement at South Gloucestershire Council, said: “We’re really pleased to increase our ability to tackle littering in the area by introducing this initiative.
>
> "We’re working hard to keep our local roads and streets clean and take littering offences very seriously. Throwing litter from a car is completely unacceptable, whether it’s moving or not. It makes roadsides look awful. I encourage anyone that has video footage of someone littering from a vehicle to send it in to us for investigation.”
>
> Anyone with dashcam, CCTV or mobile phone footage of a littering from vehicles offence can report it to the council via www.southglos.gov.uk/reportit. South Gloucestershire Council has said it will not accept or act upon a witness account that is uncorroborated by one of the above mentioned means due to the possibility of an incorrect vehicle index or a fictitious/malicious complaint.
>
> https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/drivers-can-now-fined-100-8874794

Chav-cyclists are the worst offenders.

Re: Drivers can now be fined £100 if caught dropping litter from cars

<be1341ad-345a-4ca9-ad72-cfa6d66bd321n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35795&group=uk.rec.cycling#35795

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:20:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Drivers_can_now_be_fined_£100_if_caught_droppin
g_litter_from_cars
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:20 UTC

13 days ago

Don't like the phrase 'grass people up' - criminals use that sort of language.

And scousers on the run from "the bizzies".