Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. -- J. K. Galbraith

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Ellesmere Port woman fined for Queensferry drink-drive

SubjectAuthor
* Ellesmere Port woman fined for Queensferry drink-driveSimon Mason
+- Re: Ellesmere Port woman fined for Queensferry drink-driveJNugent
`- Re: Ellesmere Port woman fined for Queensferry drink-driveSimon Mason

1
Ellesmere Port woman fined for Queensferry drink-drive

<ff44f4ab-7830-454d-af97-3cb4f33ad962n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35890&group=uk.rec.cycling#35890

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:25:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Ellesmere Port woman fined for Queensferry drink-drive
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 18:25 UTC

AN ELLESMERE Port woman has lost her licence after she was caught more than double the drink-drive limit.

Yasmine Thom, of Overpool Road in Great Sutton, appeared at Mold Magistrates Court on Thursday.

The 27-year-old admitted that on October 29, she drove a Porsche motor vehicle on Chester Road West in Queensferry after consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in her breath exceeded the prescribed limit.

Prosecutor Rhian Jackson told the court that at around 1.30am, police on the A494 at Deeside spotted the defendant, who appeared to be driving in excess of the speed limit.

She was also drifting between lanes without indicating.

After she took the Queensferry off slip, Thom was seen slamming on the brakes at red lights.

When the police stopped her, they immediately formed the opinion she was intoxicated.

Thom smelled strongly of intoxicants and was swaying, despite being sat down.

There were two passengers in the car.

In custody, she gave an evidential reading of 77 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, the limit being 35.

During her police interview, she said she'd been to a Halloween party in Hawarden and had driven there.

She planned to stay there the night with her daughter and had been drinking gin from around 9pm.

The court heard she'd been dropping her friend home when she was pulled over, and was "gutted" about what had happened.

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/23928402.ellesmere-port-woman-fined-queensferry-drink-drive/

Re: Ellesmere Port woman fined for Queensferry drink-drive

<krnbe9FqbefU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35893&group=uk.rec.cycling#35893

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 20:12:58 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 20:12 UTC

On 16/11/2023 06:25 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> AN ELLESMERE Port woman has lost her licence after she was caught more than double the drink-drive limit.
> Yasmine Thom, of Overpool Road in Great Sutton, appeared at Mold Magistrates Court on Thursday.
> The 27-year-old admitted that on October 29, she drove a Porsche motor vehicle on Chester Road West in Queensferry after consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in her breath exceeded the prescribed limit.
> Prosecutor Rhian Jackson told the court that at around 1.30am, police on the A494 at Deeside spotted the defendant, who appeared to be driving in excess of the speed limit.
> She was also drifting between lanes without indicating.
> After she took the Queensferry off slip, Thom was seen slamming on the brakes at red lights.

_Pace_ the colourful language ("slamming on" rather than the more
prosaic "applying"), what was wrong with that?

One is SUPPOSED to stop at red traffic lights.

Of course, one immediately understands that chav-cyclists don't really
understand that.

> When the police stopped her, they immediately formed the opinion she was intoxicated.
> Thom smelled strongly of intoxicants and was swaying, despite being sat down.
> There were two passengers in the car.
> In custody, she gave an evidential reading of 77 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, the limit being 35.
> During her police interview, she said she'd been to a Halloween party in Hawarden and had driven there.
> She planned to stay there the night with her daughter and had been drinking gin from around 9pm.
> The court heard she'd been dropping her friend home when she was pulled over, and was "gutted" about what had happened.

> https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/23928402.ellesmere-port-woman-fined-queensferry-drink-drive/

Re: Ellesmere Port woman fined for Queensferry drink-drive

<1092385e-f82f-4411-9d9d-96faf70874dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35899&group=uk.rec.cycling#35899

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 13:02:15 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 21:02 UTC

QUOTE: She was also drifting between lanes without indicating. ENDS

In what way would that attract attention? 😆