Nothing lasts forever. Where do I find nothing?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Willenhall tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chase

SubjectAuthor
* Willenhall tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chaseSimon Mason
+- Re: Willenhall chav-cyclist tourist jailed for outrunning police inJNugent
`* Re: Willenhall tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chaseSimon Mason
 +- Re: Willenhall tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chaseJNugent
 `- Re: Willenhall tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chaseSimon Mason

1
Willenhall tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chase

<4ac95e44-0847-444c-9dac-fe2011afbef6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35853&group=uk.rec.cycling#35853

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 00:21:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Willenhall tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chase
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 08:21 UTC

A tourist who went to Devon in a stolen car has been jailed after he out-ran police in a stolen car before dumping it outside a sailing club.

Peter O’Neil, from Willenhall, and his passenger tried to run away from the car with items which had been stolen from a gardener’s van in Paignton earlier in the evening but were arrested by police.

He was found with a lock-picking device made from twisted wires and refused to give a sample of blood which would have shown whether he had any drugs in his system.

O’Neil and his partner had been driven to Devon by two friends in a car which had been stolen from the Midlands. Another man was seen on dashcam stealing a hedge trimmer and a leaf blower and driving away with O’Neil as a passenger.

He took over behind the wheel shortly before the car was spotted by police in South Devon and drove so dangerously during a short chase that the pursuing officers were forced to let him go.

He dumped the car outside the Paignton Sailing Club on South Quay and was seen on their CCTV getting out of the driver’s seat and going to collect the stolen tools from the boot before trying to run off.

O’Neil, aged 39, of Mill Street, Willenhall, and previously of admitted dangerous driving, driving while disqualified and with no insurance, refusing a sample of blood, handling stolen goods and going equipped for theft.

He was jailed for a year and banned from driving for two years after his release. by Judge David Evans at Exeter Crown Court.

He told him: “You were evading the police probably because you had stolen goods on board and you knew you were disqualified and had no insurance. You refusal to give a sample may indicate another reason not to stop.

“Thankfully, no damage was done to anyone or anything but the risk was very great. Your over confidence was no guarantee that the risk was not going to come to pass.”

Miss Beth Rickerby, prosecuting, said police tried to stop the car which O’Neil was driving because it had been used in the theft of tools from a gardener’s van and it was seen in Torbay at 9.50 pm on September 30 this year.

She said: “The vehicle failed to stop, drove at over the speed limit, ran red lights and forced oncoming traffic to take evasive action to avoid collisions. It was damp and the only light was from street lamps.

“The police officer stopped the pursuit because of concern about the risk to the public and the car was located shortly afterwards outside the sailing club. Two males left it and were pursued.

“O Neil was arrested next to the car and found with two wires twisted together. CCTV showed he had got out of the driver’s seat.”

He has previous convictions for 67 offences including dangerous driving and nine for driving while disqualified.

Mr Paul Dentith, defending, said he accepted a lift from a friend because he and his partner wanted a break in Devon but did not realise the car was stolen. He had not been involved in the theft of the tools and had only started driving shortly before the police spotted the car.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2023/11/16/willenhall-tourist-jailed-for-outrunning-police-in-seaside-chase/

Re: Willenhall chav-cyclist tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chase

<krmv0tFnlboU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35877&group=uk.rec.cycling#35877

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Willenhall chav-cyclist tourist jailed for outrunning police in
seaside chase
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 16:41:01 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 16:41 UTC

On 16/11/2023 08:21 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> [...]
> “The police officer stopped the pursuit because of concern about the risk to the public and the car was located shortly afterwards outside the sailing club. Two males left it and were pursued.
> “O Neil was arrested next to the car and found with two wires twisted together. CCTV showed he had got out of the driver’s seat.”
> He has previous convictions for 67 offences including dangerous driving and nine for driving while disqualified.
> Mr Paul Dentith, defending, said he accepted a lift from a friend because he and his partner wanted a break in Devon but did not realise the car was stolen. He had not been involved in the theft of the tools and had only started driving shortly before the police spotted the car.

At last!

A chav-cyclist is not referred to as the driver he cannot possibly be,
being only fully-"qualified" to be a chav on a chav-bike (and nothing
more than that).

Re: Willenhall tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chase

<8c7efecf-2942-440e-a188-baf153e1cd20n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35883&group=uk.rec.cycling#35883

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:04:15 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 18:04 UTC

QUOTE: She said: “The vehicle failed to stop, drove at over the speed limit, ran red lights and forced oncoming traffic to take evasive action to avoid collisions. It was damp and the only light was from street lamps. ENDS

And yet the criminal driver was seen?
A cyclist would be "invisible".

Re: Willenhall tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chase

<krnc7bFqirvU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35896&group=uk.rec.cycling#35896

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 20:26:19 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 20:26 UTC

On 16/11/2023 06:04 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: She said: “The vehicle failed to stop, drove at over the speed limit, ran red lights and forced oncoming traffic to take evasive action to avoid collisions. It was damp and the only light was from street lamps. ENDS
>
> And yet the criminal driver was seen?

The vehicle is highly unlikely to have had no lights or to have its
lights switched off to save power.

> A cyclist would be "invisible".

The chav-cycle is highly unlikely to have had lights or where such are
(rarely) fitted, to have its lights switched on (to save power).

Re: Willenhall tourist jailed for outrunning police in seaside chase

<99fb1258-3831-461b-90f7-080a7eeed016n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35901&group=uk.rec.cycling#35901

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 13:08:26 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 21:08 UTC

QUOTE: He has previous convictions for 67 offences including dangerous driving and nine for driving while disqualified. ENDS

I think he takes the prize for the most convictions this week - just two more days for some other scrote to top that.