Credit ... is the only enduring testimonial to man's confidence in man. -- James Blish

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit by car in Sheldon

SubjectAuthor
* Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit bySimon Mason
+* Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hitJNugent
|`* Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike,Spike
| `- Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hitJNugent
+- Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hitSimon Mason
`* Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hitSimon Mason
 `* Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hitSimon Mason
  `- Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hitSimon Mason

1
Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit by car in Sheldon

<d0315daf-7037-4831-948b-137cdbea9567n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36022&group=uk.rec.cycling#36022

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:47:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit by
car in Sheldon
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:47 UTC

A man has been charged with murder after a man, 22, was hit by a car and killed in Sheldon.

Liam Jones was riding his electric bike when he was hit by a car near the junction of Moat Lane and Vera Road, at around 11.55pm on Tuesday 1 August.

Abdirahman Ibrahim, 19 and from Birmingham, has been charged with Mr Jones' murder.

He appeared before Wolverhampton Magistrates Court yesterday on Thursday 16 November, where he was remanded into custody ahead of a hearing at Birmingham Crown Court on Monday.

His brother Abdullahi Ibrahim, 20 and also from Birmingham, has been charged with assisting an offender. He has been bailed to an address outside of the West Midlands.

Detective Inspector Nick Barnes, who is leading the murder investigation, said: "This is a significant step forward in our investigation and we've updated Mr Jones' family. "We know the death of Mr Jones caused a lot of concern within the community and my team has worked diligently to get to the point of charging two men.

"This is very much an ongoing enquiry, however, and we will remain focussed on ensuring we can get full answers and justice for Mr Jones and his family."

In a statement released in August, Mr Jones' family said: "Liam was a loving, caring son, brother and uncle. He would do anything for anybody – he lived life to the fullest.

"He touched many hearts, gained many friends and he will be truly missed by family. We love you all the world – taken too soon.

"We are truly heartbroken. Keep doing what you loved – bike it up there.”

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2023-11-17/man-charged-with-murder-after-cyclist-on-electric-bike-22-hit-by-car

Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit by car in Sheldon

<ks1lruF8se0U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36027&group=uk.rec.cycling#36027

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit
by car in Sheldon
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:12:13 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:12 UTC

On 20/11/2023 04:47 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A man has been charged with murder after a man, 22, was hit by a car and killed in Sheldon.
> Liam Jones was riding his electric bike when he was hit by a car near the junction of Moat Lane and Vera Road, at around 11.55pm on Tuesday 1 August.
> Abdirahman Ibrahim, 19 and from Birmingham, has been charged with Mr Jones' murder.
> He appeared before Wolverhampton Magistrates Court yesterday on Thursday 16 November, where he was remanded into custody ahead of a hearing at Birmingham Crown Court on Monday.
> His brother Abdullahi Ibrahim, 20 and also from Birmingham, has been charged with assisting an offender. He has been bailed to an address outside of the West Midlands.

We should never be too keen on bail after a serious charge, even one
which is only related to a murder charge. There can surely be no greater
incentive to flee the jurisdiction.

> Detective Inspector Nick Barnes, who is leading the murder investigation, said: "This is a significant step forward in our investigation and we've updated Mr Jones' family. "We know the death of Mr Jones caused a lot of concern within the community and my team has worked diligently to get to the point of charging two men.
> "This is very much an ongoing enquiry, however, and we will remain focussed on ensuring we can get full answers and justice for Mr Jones and his family."
> In a statement released in August, Mr Jones' family said: "Liam was a loving, caring son, brother and uncle. He would do anything for anybody – he lived life to the fullest.
> "He touched many hearts, gained many friends and he will be truly missed by family. We love you all the world – taken too soon.
> "We are truly heartbroken. Keep doing what you loved – bike it up there.”
>
> https://www.itv.com/news/central/2023-11-17/man-charged-with-murder-after-cyclist-on-electric-bike-22-hit-by-car

Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit by car in Sheldon

<6960a3c3-2f70-414a-bc58-9484a29ea7f9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36028&group=uk.rec.cycling#36028

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 11:13:24 -0800 (PST)
by car in Sheldon
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:13 UTC

More details from his local rag.

QUOTE: A man has been charged with murder after a cyclist on an electric bike was killed in a crash. Liam Jones, 22, was hit by a car, near the junction of Moat Lane and Vera Road, in Sheldon, in August

West Midlands Police said they have charged Abdirahman Ibrahim, 19, from Birmingham, with murder, following extensive inquiries. He appeared before Wolverhampton Magistrates' Court yesterday, Thursday, November 17, where he was remanded into custody ahead of a hearing at Birmingham Crown Court on Monday, November 20.

The force has also charged his 20-year-old brother Abdullahi Ibrahim, also from Birmingham, with assisting an offender. He has been bailed to an address outside the West Midlands. The tragedy happened at around 11.55pm on Tuesday, August 1.

Det Insp Nick Barnes, who is leading the murder investigation, said: "This is a significant step forward in our investigation and we've updated Mr Jones' family. We know the death of Mr Jones caused a lot of concern within the community and my team has worked diligently to get to the point of charging two men.

"This is very much an ongoing enquiry, however, and we will remain focussed on ensuring we can get full answers and justice for Mr Jones and his family."

Police said they have a dedicated contact portal to get in touch with the investigation team, and you can send any information directly to detectives via this link: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/20HQ23N71-PO1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/liam-jones-murder-charge-after-28125036

Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit by car in Sheldon

<7d797fd2-e28b-4347-ad22-b62d2dbb5c64n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36031&group=uk.rec.cycling#36031

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 11:28:33 -0800 (PST)
by car in Sheldon
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:28 UTC

Tribute page in his local rag.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/gallery/pictures-poignant-memorial-tragic-cyclist-27454880

Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit by car in Sheldon

<ks1qclF9u5nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36032&group=uk.rec.cycling#36032

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike,
22, hit by car in Sheldon
Date: 20 Nov 2023 19:29:25 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:29 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 20/11/2023 04:47 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> A man has been charged with murder after a man, 22, was hit by a car and
>> killed in Sheldon.
>> Liam Jones was riding his electric bike when he
>> was hit by a car near the junction of Moat Lane and Vera Road, at around
>> 11.55pm on Tuesday 1 August.
>> Abdirahman Ibrahim, 19 and from Birmingham, has been charged with Mr Jones' murder.
>> He appeared before Wolverhampton Magistrates Court yesterday on Thursday
>> 16 November, where he was remanded into custody ahead of a hearing at
>> Birmingham Crown Court on Monday.
>> His brother Abdullahi Ibrahim, 20 and also from Birmingham, has been
>> charged with assisting an offender. He has been bailed to an address
>> outside of the West Midlands.

> We should never be too keen on bail after a serious charge, even one
> which is only related to a murder charge. There can surely be no greater
> incentive to flee the jurisdiction.

What was the reason for the murder charge, rather than e.g. CDBDD?

--
Spike

Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit by car in Sheldon

<ed8dc548-e68e-4742-a52b-54a1215c47b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36033&group=uk.rec.cycling#36033

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:03:19 -0800 (PST)
by car in Sheldon
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:03 UTC

Chocolate bars make a change from the fags and cans of Carling left at the trees that boy racer scum wrap themselves around.

https://i2-prod.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article27454913.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/2_MOCP_BEM_020823_verayardley_3.jpg

Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit by car in Sheldon

<ks1v8uFatsqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36034&group=uk.rec.cycling#36034

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
by car in Sheldon
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:52:46 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:52 UTC

On 20/11/2023 07:29 pm, Spike wrote:
> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 20/11/2023 04:47 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
>>
>>> A man has been charged with murder after a man, 22, was hit by a car and
>>> killed in Sheldon.
>>> Liam Jones was riding his electric bike when he
>>> was hit by a car near the junction of Moat Lane and Vera Road, at around
>>> 11.55pm on Tuesday 1 August.
>>> Abdirahman Ibrahim, 19 and from Birmingham, has been charged with Mr Jones' murder.
>>> He appeared before Wolverhampton Magistrates Court yesterday on Thursday
>>> 16 November, where he was remanded into custody ahead of a hearing at
>>> Birmingham Crown Court on Monday.
>>> His brother Abdullahi Ibrahim, 20 and also from Birmingham, has been
>>> charged with assisting an offender. He has been bailed to an address
>>> outside of the West Midlands.
>
>> We should never be too keen on bail after a serious charge, even one
>> which is only related to a murder charge. There can surely be no greater
>> incentive to flee the jurisdiction.
>
> What was the reason for the murder charge, rather than e.g. CDBDD?

Pass. There's nothing to answer that in the report.

>>> Detective Inspector Nick Barnes, who is leading the murder
>>> investigation, said: "This is a significant step forward in our
>>> investigation and we've updated Mr Jones' family. "We know the death of
>>> Mr Jones caused a lot of concern within the community and my team has
>>> worked diligently to get to the point of charging two men.
>>> "This is very much an ongoing enquiry, however, and we will remain
>>> focussed on ensuring we can get full answers and justice for Mr Jones and his family."
>>> In a statement released in August, Mr Jones' family said: "Liam was a
>>> loving, caring son, brother and uncle. He would do anything for anybody
>>> – he lived life to the fullest.
>>> "He touched many hearts, gained many friends and he will be truly missed
>>> by family. We love you all the world – taken too soon.
>>> "We are truly heartbroken. Keep doing what you loved – bike it up there.”
>>>
>>> https://www.itv.com/news/central/2023-11-17/man-charged-with-murder-after-cyclist-on-electric-bike-22-hit-by-car

Re: Man charged with murder after cyclist on electric bike, 22, hit by car in Sheldon

<b0ad6161-4124-43f8-8950-b3649f0fb2a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36036&group=uk.rec.cycling#36036

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:02:54 -0800 (PST)
by car in Sheldon
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 21:02 UTC

On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 8:03:21 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> Chocolate bars make a change from the fags and cans of Carling left at the trees that boy racer scum wrap themselves around.
>
> https://i2-prod.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article27454913.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/2_MOCP_BEM_020823_verayardley_3.jpg

And a very poignant number "22" in the sky which represents the murdered cyclist's young age. :-(

https://i2-prod.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article27454916.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/2_Screenshot-2023-08-02-172039.jpg